This easy Bourbon Flip Cocktail is perfect for all your winter get togethers! Layered with inviting seasonal aromas, this winter cocktail recipe will make everyone a little toasty!
I don’t know about you, but during the chilly winter months, there’s nothing better than a delicious, winter cocktail to warm you up. Eggnog is the most well know of the winter cocktail recipes, but this Bourbon Flip is ready to give eggnog a run for its money! This is a classic drink from pre-prohibition times that’s lighter than eggnog and just as delicious! Because as much as I like eggnog, I can’t drink as much because it’s so thick and heavy.
Bourbon Flip Cocktail Recipe Tips
- Yes, you’re going to add a whole egg to this recipe. It’s okay. No one will die…unless you have an egg allergy. Then don’t make this. 🙂 If you’re worried about the egg, buy pasteurized eggs.
- The key to this drink is air. You want a lot of it getting mixed in with your cocktail. Only add 3-4 ice cubes to the shaker. Too much ice will clog things up and the magic won’t happen.
- Shake it ’til you drop! A Bourbon Flip needs to be shaken vigorously to really mix things up and create that froth. So shake, shake, and shake some more!!
Now that you’ve made one of my favorite whiskey cocktails, take a sip. You’ll get a nose full of nutmeg (YUM!) and a punch from the bourbon. This cocktail has a silky smooth and light mouthfeel you’ll love. While freshly grated nutmeg is always my preference, if you can’t find any, ground nutmeg will work fine. Just remember, this cocktail is shaken…not stirred.
More Winter Cocktail Recipes
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ounces bourbon good quality
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 large egg pasteurized
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
To a cocktail shaker add the bourbon, simple syrup, egg, and ice. Close and seal the shaker.
Shake vigorously for 2 minutes. This drink is all about getting the ingredients frothy and having lots of air mixed in. Shake it till you feel good and tired.
Strain the cocktail into a coupe or shallow champagne glass.
Top generously with freshly grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before using.
Winter Cocktail Recipes #SundaySupper
- Bourbon Flip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Buttery Nipple Cocktail by Positively Stacey
- Candy Cane Cocktail by My Blissful Mess
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Restless Chipotle
- Ginger Caramel Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mincemeat Manhattan by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mulled Cranberry Vodka Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Snow Honey Cocktail by Our Good Life
- Sugar Plum Martini by Pies and Plots