Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls
Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls is an easy breakfast that's great for feeding a crowd! Filling, hearty, and so delicious!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (not sausage links)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls 2 tubes
- 1 to 2 green onions thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from heat and strain off grease. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half-n-half, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika until fully incorporated. Add cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
Open crescent rolls and roll according to package directions. Arrange 15 rolls in prepared baking dish in three rows with 5 rolls in each row.
Add sausage to the baking dish, spreading it evenly over the rolls.
Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and sausage.
Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.Sprinkle top with green onions, if desired. Serve warm.
- Make sure to use ground sausage or breakfast patties, not the links. Regular, hot, or sage sausage is perfect for this dish.
- This crescent roll breakfast Casserole is great with a little hot sauce on it.
- You can substitute bacon or ham for the sausage in this casserole.
Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 1204mg | Potassium: 275mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 685IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 2.3mg