Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls is an easy brunch idea that’s great for feeding a crowd! Loaded with lots of flavor from the sausage, cheese, and buttery crescent rolls, this easy recipe is filling, hearty, and so delicious! It tops the list of our favorite Holiday Casserole Recipes.
This time of year I feel like I’m always feeding big groups. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, the holidays bring extra mouths to feed. Luckily there are easy holiday casserole recipes like this one to help me stay ahead of the hustle. Instead of cubed up bread like most breakfast casseroles use, crescent roll recipes use crescent rolls to pack in that delicious buttery flavor. You don’t even have to pre-bake them!
Crescent Rolls Breakfast Recipes Tips
- Choose your favorite breakfast sausage. Ground sausage, not the links. Maple flavor might be a bit sweet for this crescent rolls breakfast recipe, but regular, hot, or sage would be good.
- You’ll have an extra crescent roll from the two tubes. You can fit it into the baking dish or do what you like with it. I’m totally not going to judge you for eating it.
- This Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole is great with a little hot sauce on it. Or make it extra meaty with cooked & crumbled bacon and diced ham. Yummy!
I really love how much this easy breakfast casserole with sausage puffs up. Going into the oven it doesn’t look like much, but when it’s done baking the whole pan is filled! The cheese gets all melty and the rolls puff up and it’s just SO good! We got 6 servings for breakfast when I made it, but if you’re serving this breakfast crescent roll casserole as part of a buffet, you could cut it into smaller pieces and stretch it farther. So grab a fork and dig in! You do not want to miss this dish!!
Keep breakfast extra easy any time of the year with some of our favorite brunch recipes. We even enjoy these casseroles for easy supper recipes!
Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls 2 tubes
- 1 to 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from heat and strain off grease. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half-n-half, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika until fully incorporated. Add cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Open crescent rolls and roll according to package directions. Arrange 15 rolls in prepared baking dish in three rows with 5 rolls in each row.
- Add sausage to the baking dish, spreading it evenly over the rolls. Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and sausage.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with green onions, if desired. Serve warm.