Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls is an easy breakfast that’s great for feeding a crowd! Loaded with lots of flavor from the sausage, cheese, and buttery crescent rolls, this easy recipe is filling, hearty, and so delicious! It tops the list of our favorite Holiday Casserole Recipes.
This time of year I feel like I’m always feeding big groups. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, the holidays bring extra mouths to feed. Luckily there are easy holiday casserole recipes like this one to help me stay ahead of the hustle. Instead of cubed up bread like most breakfast casseroles use, this uses crescent rolls. Buttery, delicious crescent rolls. And you don’t even have to pre-bake them!
Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls Recipe Tips
- Choose your favorite breakfast sausage. Ground sausage, not the links. Maple flavor might be a bit sweet for this recipe, but regular, hot, or sage would be good.
- You’ll have an extra crescent roll from the two tubes. You can fit it into the baking dish or do what you like with it. I’m totally not going to judge you for eating it.
- This casserole is great with a little hot sauce on it. Or make it extra meaty with cooked & crumbled bacon and diced ham. Yummy!
I really love how much this casserole puffs up. Going into the oven it doesn’t look like much, but when it’s done baking the whole pan is filled! The cheese gets all melty and the rolls puff up and it’s just SO good! We got 6 servings for breakfast when I made it, but if you’re serving this casserole as part of a buffet, you could cut it into smaller pieces and stretch it farther. So grab a fork and dig in! You do not want to miss this dish!!
Keep breakfast extra easy anytime of year with some of our favorite breakfast recipes
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy
- Chilaquiles Rojos
- Breakfast French Toast Casserole
- Overnight Blintz Bake
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls 2 tubes
- 1 to 2 green onions thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from heat and strain off grease. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half-n-half, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika until fully incorporated. Add cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
Open crescent rolls and roll according to package directions. Arrange 15 rolls in prepared baking dish in three rows with 5 rolls in each row.
Add sausage to the baking dish, spreading it evenly over the rolls. Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and sausage. Spread the cheese evenly over the other ingredients.
Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle top with green onions, if desired. Serve warm.
Holiday Casserole Recipes #SundaySupper
- Apple Crumble French Toast Casserole by Pies and Plots
- Holiday Breakfast Casserole by The Freshman Cook
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Christmas Chilaquiles with Eggs by Our Good Life
- Buttery Baked Bread Dressing by Food Lust People Love
- Collard Greens Au Gratin by Soulfully Made
- French Potato Gratin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ham & Cheese Corn Casserole (Spoon Bread) by Palatable Pastime
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Crickets Confections
- Lower Carb Green Bean Casserole by Positively Stacey
- Simple Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole (Dairy-Free) by Bites of Wellness
- Turkey and Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm