Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My recipe for White Chocolate Christmas Crack is the easy holiday sweet treat of the season! It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and it is oh-so satisfying. The saltine crackers are light and crisp, giving the perfect crunch to this cracker candy. Your family and friends will not be able to resist this crave-worthy holiday dessert, and it’s ready in just 15 minutes!
Effortless Cracker Candy
Is there anything sweeter than holiday baking? Not only are the treats sweet and delicious, but it’s a wonderful time to gather with family and friends to enjoy the best moments of the holiday season. My white chocolate Christmas crack recipe makes the perfect snack for time spent with your loved ones!
This easy cracker candy recipe is coated with notes of buttery toffee, all topped with rich and creamy vanilla white chocolate. This is a fantastic dessert to make with children, because you can decorate the Christmas crack candy any way you like!
My white chocolate candy is made in one large sheet, and as the name suggests, it’s cracked into rustic-looking pieces, making it perfect for holiday gift bags or as part of a dessert spread.
The crack is achieved from the hardening of the caramel-like toffee mixture of brown sugar and butter which melts together. Once the mixture is poured over the saltine crackers, as it cools, it begins to harden. When completely cooled the hardened sugar mixture forces the saltines to crack as they are broken into pieces.
Make sure the brown sugar in your toffee mixture melts completely and stays at a simmer for 5 minutes. If the sugar is not completely melted, the result could be a grainy texture.
Store saltine toffee in an airtight container. It should last for up to a week. You may cool candy in the refrigerator or in the freezer for a few minutes, however these hold perfectly fine in a festive tin.
Place the white chocolate chips over the saltines and sugar mixture as soon as they come out of the oven. If they do not melt completely after a few minutes, place them back in the oven for second increments of 1-2 minutes until fully melted. Avoid the microwave, as the heat of the saltine and sugar mixture will be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
Wrap Christmas crack tightly in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Label the outside of the bag with the date. Christmas crack lasts in the freezer for up to 6 months.
White Chocolate Cracker Candy Variations
I love how my white chocolate Christmas crack is a simple, four-ingredient recipe that is made in only 15 minutes! It could not be easier, but when and if you need a little variation, try some of these options:
- Make it minty: Add peppermint by sprinkling crushed candy canes over top.
- Add more chocolate: We love this recipe using white chocolate, but you could also use milk or dark chocolate depending on your preference.
- Get a little nutty: Add crushed almonds, walnuts, pecans, or even peanuts.
- Make it fancy: Gold sanding sugar or sugar pearls give this recipe an elegant look
- Festive Holiday Sprinkles: Browse your cake decorating section in your local supermarket for fun holiday toppings and candies.
- More ideas: M&M candies, chopped pretzels, peanut butter swirl, Oreos, finishing salt, crushed corn Chex, rice Chex, or any other favorite Chex cereal mixtures.
You can also leave out the toppings and keep your cracker toffee classic! This buttery, melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate bark candy needs no extra fanfare to make it delicious.
How to Avoid the Naughty List
One bite of this saltine cracker toffee is never enough! One bite will turn into two, then the whole piece, then another…
Before you realize it, you may have eaten half the batch!
You may want to make extra of this chocolate bark recipe when you bake it up! Seriously, it’s hard to resist. If you can even manage to share it with friends and family, it will be gone in no time.
This recipe makes about 16 pieces of saltine toffee, which is perfect for goodie bags or sharing at home. Trust us, everyone is going to want a bite of this saltine cracker bark!
- Try to use fresh saltine crackers. I know we all have a box in the pantry for rainy days, but to get the perfect crunchy texture, fresh is best!
- When making the toffee mixture, make sure the brown sugar is completely melted into the butter before pouring over the saltines.
- If you hang the parchment paper slightly over the edge of the sides of your baking sheet it will allow for easy cleanup.
- Always makes sure your saltine crackers are in a single layer on a large cookie sheet, try to avoid doubling up the saltine crackers (break them if you need to).
- Get the kids involved! This is such a fun recipe to make together, and they will love helping you decorate the candy crunch (and show off their work to others).
- Spray your large baking sheet with a little cooking spray to keep the toffee from sticking to the pan.
Other Holiday Food Gifts
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Baileys Fudge
- Greek Wedding Cookies
- Candied Bacon
- Marzipan Filled Rugelach
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our Favorite Christmas Recipes for Dessert
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf
- Ina Garten Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
White Chocolate Christmas Crack
- 16 saltine crackers
- 4 ounce unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoon sprinkles Christmas
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8”x8” square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the saltine crackers in one layer on top of the parchment paper, this should fill the pan from side to side evenly.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Immediately pour the butter sugar mixture over the saltine cracker and cover it as evenly as possible.
- Place the baking pan into the oven middle rack and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chip on top of the hot toffee.
- Wait a few minutes for the chocolate to melt and use the back of a spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Top with Christmas sprinkles and refrigerate to harden completely before breaking into smaller pieces.
- Mix things up by trying different toppings with this recipe instead of sprinkles! Nuts, chocolate candies, or colorful sugar make great toppings for Christmas cracker toffee.
Oooh, I’d need to make a double batch! What a lovely holiday version of “crack!!!”
Trang Doan says
Thank you, I love the extra creaminess the white chocolate adds. It’s so delicious!