Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is the creamiest most delicious cheesecake you will ever have! Made with simple homemade strawberry sauce, this is a smooth and creamy baked cheesecake recipe you will love and make over and over again. No water bath is required to make this cheesecake, and it is out of the oven in 1 hour.
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients
- How to make Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Strawberry Sauce for Cheesecake
- Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe Tips
- How to Transfer a Cheesecake
- How to Cut a Slice of Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes FAQs
- Baked vs No Baked Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Tools
- Strawberry Desserts
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
My family loves this homemade strawberry cheesecake recipe and asks for it all the time. It’s the perfect dessert for a dinner party.
Even if you’re a beginner (I am not a baker by any means) at making homemade cheesecake from scratch, I guarantee you will be able to make this strawberry cheesecake, and that it will be stress-free and turn out beautifully!
This was my first cheesecake and it was so yummy!! Would definitely recommend making 😊@yairafalcon
Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients
- Graham crackers crushed
- ground ginger
- unsalted butter (melted)
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- eggs room temp
- egg yolk room temp
- sour cream room temp
- lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
- strawberry sauce
Top it all off with Homemade Whipped Cream!
How to make Strawberry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Add the cinnamon sugar and combine.
- Combine with the melted butter and press into the bottom and sides of a springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes then set aside while you make the filling.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese on low-med speed for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the sour cream, salt, lemon juice, and zest,and beat well. The mixture should now be completely smooth and glossy and ready to pour into the graham cracker crust.
Strawberry Sauce for Cheesecake
What brings this strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe together is our strawberry sauce recipe. It is so fresh and absolutely delicious!
- Add frozen strawberries to a saucepan with the sugar, water, and cornstarch.
- The strawberries will begin to thaw and reduce into a thick sauce.
- Puree with an emulsion blender or add to a blender and blend until smooth.
Delicious (first piece)! Second piece – tasted even better leaving it in the fridge overnight.@tiffcrespo
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe Tips
- Always bring all your ingredients to room temperature. This is the key to a silky smooth cheesecake.
- Don’t overmix. This is hard because think the more mixing the better. This is not true when it comes to cheesecake. You want to just mix everything until it is well blended. If you overmix, you will risk it being too liquidy.
- You always want to make sure your cheesecake is completely cool before trying to take it out of the pan. It is important to give it lots of time to cool after baking.
How to Transfer a Cheesecake
Springform pans are designed so you can easily remove the cheesecake from the pan. However, if your cheesecake is sticking to the inside or if you just want to be extra careful, you can use a knife to remove it more easily.
- Heat a sharp knife under hot water.
- Gently run the knife along the inside edge of the pan.
- Use the knife to carefully release any sides sticking to the pan.
- Unlatch and remove the sides of the pan.
How to Cut a Slice of Cheesecake
- Make sure your cheesecake is freshly cold out of the refrigerator.
- Wipe your knife clean between slices, preferably with hot water.
- Cut down the middle, then turn and cut again, to cut into fourths. Cut down each fourth cut into 8 slices.
My first time baking a cheesecake. It turn out great – light and creamy!@jordanmariedelory
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipes FAQs
You can add a crust to the sides if you wish. If you would like to have a crust on the sides, press the graham crackers up the sides of the pan, too. I have made this cheesecake with just a bottom crust and with crust on the sides, and both ways are delicious.
If you over-mix cheesecake batter, it will come out too liquidy and soft. Carefully mix the batter with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Do not use a blender or food processor and make sure to only mix as instructed and not for long.
The trick to stopping your cheesecake from cracking is to allow it to cool slowly. You do this by allowing it to cool in the oven for half an hour after the oven has been turned off. Then, remove it from the oven and let it come to room temperature. Finally, cover the top and place it in the fridge to finish cooling.
You can refrigerate for 4-5 days. So, take your time and enjoy eating it for dessert every day! 😉 You might even want a slice for breakfast. We won’t tell!
To freeze homemade cheesecake, place it on a flat plate or the baking tin base. Then wrap it 2-3 times in plastic wrap so that it’s very well sealed. Place in the freezer and freeze for up to 2 months. Label with the freezing date.
Baked vs No Baked Cheesecake
Every cheesecake lover asks themselves this question every time they make a cheesecake. Although similar, they have completely different textures and eating experiences.
When making a baked cheesecake, you mix the cream cheese, egg, and other ingredients, without allowing much air in the mixture.
In the no-bake version, you whip the cream cheese and other ingredients and then fold in the whipped cream at the end. This makes for a light and fluffy dessert.
My new method for a no-bake version is using the Instant Pot: Instant Pot Cheesecake! This method creates a super moist and decadent dessert. It is a must-try! You can make my strawberry swirl cheesecake in the Instant Pot by following the same instructions.
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Tools
- An 8″ round springform pan or a regular round cake pan
- Parchment paper
- Your oven
- You will also need the tools to mix the filling. This can be an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer. You can use your hand and a whisk, but you will get smoother, easier results using an electric mixer.
- A food processor makes the job of making the graham crust a bit easier, but you can also use your hands to make the crust, too.
Making this decadent strawberry swirl cheesecake is much easier than your typical recipe. There is no water bath, and the mixture is easy to mix together with an electric mixer.
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Fresas con Crema
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Crepes
- Strawberry Dump Cake
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Springform pan*
- ¾ cup Graham crackers crushed, or up to 1 cup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3½ oz unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 packages cream cheese (softened; 8 oz. packages)
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 egg yolk room temp
- 1 cup light sour cream room temp (a little less than one cup)
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup strawberry sauce
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
Creating the graham cracker crust
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / 140°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8-inch round springform tin with baking paper.Crush graham crackers in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, put them in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Add the cinnamon and ginger and combine.
- Mix through the melted butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes then set aside while you make the filling.
Creating the cheesecake filling
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low-med speed for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well. Again, scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Mix in the eggs and beat through.
- Then, add the extra yolk and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, salt, lemon juice, and zest, and beat well. The mixture should now be completely smooth and glossy.
- Pour half of the cheesecake mixture over the base.
Putting the strawberry swirl cheesecake together
- With a teaspoon, dollop about half the strawberry sauce in small blobs over the top of the cheesecake mixture you just added to the base.
- Carefully spoon over the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Smooth out the top just a little, then again use a teaspoon to dollop over the remaining strawberry sauce.
- Drag a knife through the little strawberry patches to give it a swirl effect.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. There should be a slight wobble in the center.Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for half an hour with the door closed.After a half hour, remove it from the oven and let it cool at least a further 45 minutes at room temperature before covering (a plate over the top of the tin is fine) and placing in the fridge to set completely. Let it set for at least 4 hours.Remove from the pan, serve, and enjoy!
Some photography by Marie Roffey
I’ve made this cheesecake a few times however, I don’t use as much butter in the crust as in the recipe. Just a preference and it comes out just as good.
I also did a twist on it. Instead of using strawberry, I used mulberry. We have several mulberry trees in my area and I make mulberry jelly every year so I took some of my homemade jelly and heated it up where it became a thick syrup and I swirled it in the cheesecake.
Em Beitel says
That’s awesome, Karina! That sounds so good, especially with local berries. Thank you for sharing!