This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Air Fried Mushrooms are the best game-day appetizer and a perfect side dish! Light and crispy, this easy air-fried recipe is ready in 30 minutes with no mess and pairs well with all your favorite dipping sauces. It’s perfect for a party!
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Mushrooms in Air Fryer Ingredients
- Air Fryer Mushroom Recipe
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe Tips
- Mushroom In Air Fryer Variations
- How to Store Fried Mushrooms
- Reheating Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fried Mushrooms FAQ
- How to Clean Mushrooms
- How to Cut Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Recipes
- Dipping Sauce for Mushrooms
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Air Fryer Mushrooms
This recipe is just amazing. You get the crispy breaded mushrooms without all the grease of traditional frying! Air-frying mushrooms are the way to go. It’s so quick and easy.
During football season, my family always requests this recipe as a game-day munchie, along with my easy chuck roast dinner. This will quickly become your favorite recipe if you are a mushroom lover!
Mushrooms in Air Fryer Ingredients
- Portobello mushrooms or white button mushrooms
- Panko breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- smoked paprika
- Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray
Air Fryer Mushroom Recipe
- Pour flour onto a plate. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Combine Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Fully coat the chopped baby portobello mushrooms in the flour. Then, dunk them in the eggs. Finally, toss them in the spiced breadcrumb mixture until they are completely coated. Do this until all are coated.
- Arrange them on a plate or flat surface. Spray them lightly with a little olive oil spray. Don’t use non-stick spray or spray directly into the air fryer basket.
- Place a third of the batch in the basket of your air fryer. Then, turn the air fryer on and set the temperature to 360 degrees. Set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Push the basket into the air fryer and let it cook. Once the time is up, remove the basket and place the cooked mushrooms on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mushrooms until the batch is fried.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or lemon wedges, and enjoy!
Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe Tips
- Use an oil with a high smoke point, such as extra light olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Make sure mushrooms are about the same size for cooking.
- Air fry in 3 batches, so they cook evenly. When cooking food in the air fryer, you must leave enough room between the contents so the hot air can circulate evenly and brown the entire surface.
- Cook time may vary depending on the size of your Air Fryer. Larger Air Fryers will cook more quickly – I love my 10-quart Air Fryer!
- Fresh lemon juice is a great finishing touch.
Mushroom In Air Fryer Variations
- You can use different types of mushrooms. I have tried cremini mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms and have enjoyed them.
- Feel free to add your favorite fresh herbs and parsley to your breadcrumb mixture for extra flavor.
How to Store Fried Mushrooms
- Cooling down: After cooking, let the mushrooms cool down to room temperature on a wire rack. This step helps to prevent condensation from forming and making them soggy during storage.
- Storage: Place the cooled, crispy mushrooms in an airtight container. To further protect their crispiness, add a layer of paper towels at the bottom and on top of the mushrooms to absorb any excess moisture.
- Refrigeration: Store the airtight container in the refrigerator. Mushrooms are perishable, so they should be consumed within 2-3 days to maintain quality.
Reheating Air Fryer Mushrooms
When you’re ready to reheat the mushrooms, it’s best to use an oven or toaster oven for the best results. Preheat your oven to around 350°F (175°C). Spread the mushrooms on a baking sheet in a single layer. Reheat for 5-10 minutes, checking them frequently to avoid overcooking. This will help restore some of their crispiness.
Note: Avoid reheating mushrooms in the microwave as it can make them soft and rubbery due to the moisture generated during microwave heating.
Air Fried Mushrooms FAQ
Air-fried mushrooms take approximately 7 minutes at 360° F in the air fryer for perfectly crisp mushrooms.
How to Clean Mushrooms
Before you cook fried mushrooms in an air fryer, clean them off! This is super easy to do.
Wipe any excess dirt from mushrooms using a lightly damp paper towel. Please do not place the mushrooms in water, as they are absorbent. Just wipe away the dirt.
How to Cut Mushrooms
Pre-sliced mushrooms won’t work well for this recipe as they are usually not cut into the wedges that work best for air frying.
Cut each mushroom into quarters, then cut each piece in half again.
This means one mushroom will equal 8 pieces.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer Ribs
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
Dipping Sauce for Mushrooms
These mushrooms are one of my favorite football foods – get more Super Bowl Food Ideas!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let me know what you think!
Air Fryer Mushrooms
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Wipe any excess dirt from one 8 oz. package of 'Baby Bella' Portobello mushrooms using a towel. Cut each mushroom into quarters and then cut each piece in half again (each mushroom will equal 8 pieces).
- Pour ½ cup flour onto a plate. Separately, whisk 3 eggs in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, pour 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs, along with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until the breadcrumbs are completely combined with the seasoning.
- Toss chopped mushrooms in the flour until coated, then dunk in the eggs. Finally, toss them in the spiced breadcrumb mixture until completely coated. Repeat to coat all mushrooms.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a plate or flat surface. Spray lightly with a can of olive oil – do not spray directly in the air fryer basket.
- Arrange ⅓ of the mushrooms in the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 7 minutes at 360°F. Cook mushrooms in batches to avoid over-crowding the air fryer.