Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Air Fryer Mushrooms are the best game-day appetizer and a perfect side dish! Light and so crispy, this easy air-fried recipe pairs well with all your favorite dipping sauces, and it’s perfect for a party!
Best Air Fryer Mushrooms
This recipe is just amazing. You get the crispy breaded mushrooms without all the grease of traditional frying! Air frying mushrooms are the way to go. It’s so quick and easy.
It’s so easy to make air-fried mushrooms. Coat them in spiced bread crumbs, then cook them up in minutes.
Simple, and simply superb!Steve on Pinterest
Air Fried Mushrooms Ingredients
- Portobello mushrooms Baby Bella variety
- Panko breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- smoked paprika
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper adjust to taste
- olive oil spray
How to Air Fry Mushrooms
- Pour flour onto a plate. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Fully coat the chopped mushrooms in the flour. Then dunk them in the eggs. Finally, toss them in the spiced breadcrumb mixture until they are completely coated. Do this until all are coated.
- Arrange them on a plate or flat surface. Spray them lightly with a little olive oil spray. Remember, don’t use non-stick spray!
- Place a third of the batch in the basket of your air fryer. Then, turn the air fryer on and set the temperature to 360 degrees. Set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Push the basket into the air fryer and let it cook. Once the time is up, remove the basket and place the cooked mushrooms on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mushrooms until the batch is fried. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Air Fried Mushrooms Recipe Tips
- Use an oil with a high smoke point such as extra light olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil. Do not use a non-stick spray such as Pam, as the additives in them can damage your fryer.
- Make sure mushrooms are about the same size for even cooking.
- Air fry in 3 batches so they cook evenly. When cooking any food in the air fryer, you have to leave enough room between the contents so the hot air can circulate evenly and brown the entire surface.
- Cook time may vary depending on the size of your Air Fryer. Larger Air Fryers will cook quicker.
Air Fry Mushrooms Recipes FAQs
Did you know that one cup of raw mushrooms contains only 15 calories and 2.3 grams of carbohydrates? It’s true! They are a low-calorie, low carbohydrate food.
They are low-calorie sources of fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
How to Clean Mushrooms
Before you cook fried mushrooms in an air fryer, clean them off! This is super easy to do.
Wipe any excess dirt from one 8 oz. package of Baby Bella portobello mushrooms using a paper towel. Do not place the mushrooms in water, just wipe away the dirt.
How to Cut Mushrooms
Pre-sliced mushrooms won’t work well for this recipe as they are usually not cut into the wedges that work best for air frying.
Cut each mushroom into quarters, then cut each piece in half again.
This means one mushroom will equal 8 pieces.
This is one of my favorite dishes to serve at parties, along with my famous elotes, they are always the hit of the party! My famous strawberry shortcake recipe is the perfect ending to any celebration.
Best Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Dinner Ideas
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Ham
- Air Fryer Pork Ribs
Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Biscuits
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Bacon
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? We love the taste of air fryer roasted mushrooms! Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think!
Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. package Portobello mushrooms Baby Bella variety
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper adjust to taste
- olive oil spray
- Wipe any excess dirt from one 8 oz. package of 'Baby Bella' Portobello mushrooms using a towel. Cut each mushroom into quarters and then cut each piece in half again (each mushroom will equal 8 pieces).
- Pour ½ cup flour onto a plate. Whisk 3 eggs in a bowl. Pour 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs into a bowl. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir until completely combined.Toss the chopped mushrooms in the flour until coated, then dunk the mushrooms in the eggs, and finally toss them in the spiced breadcrumb mixture until completely coated. Repeat with the remainder of the mushrooms.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a plate or flat surface. Spray lightly with a can of olive oil. Turn the Air Fryer 'On'. Set to 360°F and 7 minutes. Arrange ⅓ of the mushrooms in the Air Fryer basket. (Make sure the mushrooms are not over-crowded). Push the basket into the fryer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the fryer when fully cooked. Repeat with the other two batches of mushrooms. Sprinkle with a little more salt after removing from the fryer.Serve immediately. Can be enjoyed alone or with any variety of dipping sauces.