Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Sweet condensed milk, bright, fresh strawberries, vanilla and orange flavorings – that’s right, I’m talking about Fresas con Crema!
Are simple desserts as big of a deal in your household as they are in mine? My kids have always loved the surprise of something as simple and sweet as my Fresas con Crema recipe.
This easy Mexican strawberries and cream recipe goes to show you that you can make something special and memorable for your family without spending hours in the kitchen. In fact, this easy dessert will take you only 10 minutes!
What is Fresas con Crema?
Fresas con Crema simply means, “strawberries and cream”. It’s a traditional Mexican dessert that’s very popular, and for good reason… it’s delicious!
Traditionally, a Fresas con Crema recipe uses sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Both kinds of milk are popular in Mexican desserts, and are used in recipes like Tres Leches or Carlota de Limón.
I know you’re going to love this Mexican strawberries and cream recipe. I whip it up all of the time for my kids, and they love it! Knowing I can surprise them with something sweet without spending hours in the kitchen always makes my day.
Fresas con Crema Ingredients
- sour cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- evaporated milk
- vanilla extract
- optional: orange juice
- zest from an orange
Mexican strawberries and cream uses super simple ingredients that give it an incredible creaminess and sweet flavor!
The best part is that all of these ingredients come together to create the perfect dessert in only 10 minutes or less. All you have to do is slice the berries and mix everything together in a bowl.
Sweet strawberry desserts don’t get any more simple than this wonderfully easy Fresas con Crema recipe!
How to Make Fresas con Crema
- Slice the strawberries into thin slices.
- Combine sour cream with sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract.
- Mix the sliced strawberries with the sweet cream mixture.
Or, scoop strawberries into 6 bowls or cups, then top each cup with the sweet cream.
- Add your favorite toppings, such as cinnamon, coconut, etc.
Super easy, right? I love making my Fresas con Crema recipe! My kids love it – and so do I!
It’s irresistibly simple to make, and tastes wonderful. I like to top mine with orange zest and sometimes, a little coconut. The mixture of flavors makes for a very special dessert!
How long is Fresas con Crema good for?
Store this easy strawberries and cream recipe for up to 3 days in your refrigerator.
If you plan to store the recipe, I recommend keeping the cream mixture and strawberries in separate containers. Check out my guide on How to Preserve Strawberries for extra tips!
More Easy Strawberry Desserts You’ll Love
- Strawberry Dole Whip (just like Disney!)
- How to Make Candied Strawberries
- Strawberry Ice Cream Short Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits (one of my kids’ all-time favorites!)
Strawberries are one of my favorite foods to make sweet, simple desserts with. I know you’re going to love this easy Mexican recipe! It’s so unique, sweet, and fresh.
Share your experience with me!
Did you try making your own Fresas con Crema recipe at home? What do you top yours with? I love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments below and with a rating.
And of course, if you have any questions about making the recipe, you’re our number 1 priority. Ask away!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Fresas con Crema Recipe
- 1 quart strawberries (about 1 ½ pounds strawberries)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 1 teaspoon orange juice
- zest from ¼ an orange
- Remove the stems from 1 quart of strawberries. Slice the strawberries into thin slices and set them aside in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of sour cream with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup evaporated milk, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. If using, mix in 1 teaspoon orange juice.
- Whisk or stir with a wooden spoon until well-combined.
- Mix the sliced strawberries with the sweet cream mixture and separate into bowls or cups for serving. Top with orange zest from ¼ an orange, if using.Or, scoop ½ cup sliced strawberries into 6 bowls or cups, then top each cup with ½ cup of the sweet cream mixture.
- Add your favorite toppings, such as cinnamon, coconut, etc. Serve, and enjoy!
- If you have trouble finding a quart of strawberries, 2 pint-sized containers of strawberries equal about the same amount.
- You can either mix the strawberries right into the cream mixture, or layer it like a parfait in individual cups.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.