Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My easy Strawberry Crepes recipe is a beautiful breakfast or dessert you can make using simple ingredients in minutes! This recipe for crepes is easy to follow, even if you’re a beginner to making crepes. Top them off with fresh berries and chocolate sauce, and enjoy!
Best Strawberry Crepe Recipe
My family is wild about my homemade crepes. This strawberry crepe recipe is their favorite, complete with an easy cream filling and strawberry topping! I love to top it with chocolate sauce and serve it for breakfast or dessert.
There is nothing like making crepes at home. They are beyond delicious, and easy to customize and really make your own. I promise, even if you’ve never made crepes from scratch and are intimidated by them, they’re so simple to make.
- Add banana: Make strawberry banana crepes by adding banana slices.
- Add nutella: Use nutella hazelnut spread instead of the cream cheese filling to make strawberry nutella crepes.
- Fill with chocolate chips and drizzle with chocolate sauce for chocolate strawberry crepes.
Don’t over-mix the batter, or it will become rubbery. Refrigerate crepe batter for an hour ahead of time for lighter crepes. Use a heavy-bottomed pan with an even surface, or a crepe maker if you have one, and bring the pan to temperature slowly. Following these steps will give you perfect crepes.
Eat crepes for breakfast or dessert. You can top crepes with all the same toppings you love on pancakes, and they are guaranteed to be delicious. They’re perfect as breakfast for dinner or served with brunch.
All-purpose flour makes perfect crepes.
You can easily make my strawberry crepe recipe ahead of time if you’re serving crepes for a crowd or for brunch.
- To make crepes ahead of time, prepare the crepe batter and cream cheese filling a day ahead of time.
- Slice and hull the strawberries and store for up to 3 days ahead of time.
- Store in separate air-tight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the crepes.
- Store leftover crepes for up to 2 days in the refrigerator; reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat, or on a baking sheet in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
What to Serve with Crepes
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Best Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Air Fried Bacon
- Easy Eggs Benedict
- Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try my easy strawberry crepes? I’d love to know what you think! Leave a comment and a rating below to let me know.
Easy Strawberry Crepes
- Mixing bowls
For cream filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 Tablespoons cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For strawberry topping
- 1 pint sliced fresh Florida strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
For crepe batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
To make filling
- Place cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla in mixer. Blend until smooth. Let filling rest in the refrigerator while you prepare crepes.4 ounces cream cheese, 6 Tablespoons cottage cheese, ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla
To make strawberry topping
- Rinse, hull and slice fresh strawberries. Toss with sugar and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.1 pint sliced fresh Florida strawberries, 1 Tablespoon sugar
To make strawberry crepes
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt and set aside.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon white sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Once well mixed, slowly add in flour mixture just until smooth. Over whisking can cause the crepes to get too rubbery.3 eggs, 2 cups milk
- Next, incorporate melted butter into the batter.2 Tablespoons butter
- A crepe maker or pan is useful, but any flat-bottomed pan will work for making crepes. Lightly oil the surface and place over medium heat. Pour two tablespoons crepe batter into the pan, rotating the pan to evenly distribute. If using a crepe maker, use an offset spatula.
- When edges are beginning to brown (approximately 30 seconds), turn crepe and cook for 10 more seconds. Spoon cream filling into the center of the crepe, and roll or fold crepe. Top with macerated strawberries and serve. Feel free to add other fresh fruit and a sprig of mint as garnish! I love chocolate sauce on mine.
- Once cool, you can stack your crepes and store in a Ziplock bag. Placing a layer of parchment paper or wax paper between each crepe will prevent them from sticking to each other.