One of the easiest, tastiest desserts you’ll ever make, these easy strawberry crepes are filled with sweetened cream cheese and topped with strawberries. Gorgeous! The crepes can be made ahead of time and filled when you are ready to serve. Perfect for your Weekday Supper.
This recipe is courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. You can find more of their delicious strawberry recipes on their website.
Easy Strawberry Crepes
For the cream filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the strawberry topping
- 1 pint sliced fresh Florida strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the crepe batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
To make the filling:
- Place cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla in mixer. Blend until smooth. Let filling rest in the refrigerator while you prepare crepes.
To make the topping:
- Rinse, hull and slice fresh Florida strawberries. Toss with sugar and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To make the crepes:
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Once well mixed, slowly add in flour mixture just until smooth. Over whisking can cause the crepes to get too rubbery. Next incorporate melted butter into the batter.
- A crepe maker or pan is useful but any flat bottomed frying pan will work here. Lightly oil the cooking surface and heat over medium. Pour two tablespoons of crepe batter into the pan, rotating the pan to evenly distribute. If using a crepe maker, use an offset spatula.
- When edges are beginning to brown (approximately 30 seconds), turn crepe and cook for 10 more seconds. Remove from pan and cool. Once cool you can stack your crepes and store in a Ziplock bag. Placing a layer of parchment paper or wax paper between each crepe will prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Spoon into the center of the crepe some of the filling and roll or fold crepe. Top with macerated strawberries and serve. Feel free to add other fresh fruit and a sprig of mint as garnish.
Add Nutella hazelnut spread to the crepe after folding for a luxuriously chocolate-sweet treat.
Stuff the crepes with the filling and fresh strawberries and drizzle with strawberry syrup.
Recipe courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association.