Quick and delicious, this Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas is a miracle dessert! You can prepare it with almost no efforts but the result will certainly amaze everyone around you!
Strawberry Dump Cake for a Quick & Easy Dessert
I am a big fan of quick and easy desserts. And the truth is that you don’t always need to spend hours in the kitchen in order to bake a delicious cake. Some of the best recipes in the world are so simple that it is hard to believe it! Like our tasty Strawberry Crumble and this Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas.
What is a Dump Cake?
The name explains perfectly how this dessert is made: you just need to dump the ingredients in the pan and bake them. And to make the cake even better, you can serve it with ice cream: I recommend simple vanilla or why not the No Churn Raspberry Banana Ice Cream.
Dump Cake from scratch
Often dump cakes are made with canned pie filling and boxed cake mix. I don’t recommend you to use such ingredients! The best cakes are made from scratch and so are the best dump cakes. Our Strawberry Dump Cake recipe calls for fresh fruits and homemade cake mix: not only less sugary but also better for your health.
To make a Dump Cake from scratch you don’t need a mixer OR a mixing bowl. The only kitchen appliances you need are a baking pan, a spoon, a butter knife and a cutting knife for the fruits, and an oven, of course.
Because this Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas is made with fresh, juicy strawberries and sweet bananas you don’t really need to add a lot of sugar to the cake. And we all know that eating less sugar is healthier.
How to Make Strawberry Dump Cake with Bananas
- Dump the chopped fruits in the baking dish and coat them in cornstarch
- Cover the fruit with the homemade cake mix
- Top cake mix with butter. Make sure the butter is well distributed on top so that it covers the cake mix perfectly as it melts. Otherwise you are risking to find traces of dry flour afterwards which won’t be pleasant to eat. In the oven the dry mix will be moistened by the fruits and butter and it will be converted to a wonderful and tasty crust.
- The baking time for this cake is short, usually between 20 and 30 minutes. That means that you can make the whole Strawberry Dump Cake from scratch in a matter of 40 minutes! So next time when your family is craving something sweet and you don’t have anything prepared, a Strawberry Dump Cake from scratch is the best solution!
Can I substitute other fruits when making a dump cake from scratch?
Want to try a variation with different fruits? No problem! Just consider increasing the sugar with fruits that are less sweet. And don’t forget to let us know in the comments if you made this recipe!
**** PIN this Strawberry Dump Cake for later! ****
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 medium bananas roughly chopped
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar optional
- 1 stick 1/2 cup cold butter, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Dump the chopped fruits into a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 9 x 7 inch). Spoon on top sugar and cornstarch. Mix until the the fruits are evenly coated.
In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar and mix gently. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the fruits. Use a spoon to make the top as even as possible.
Arrange the butter slices on top of the cake mixture.
Place the pan in the oven to bake. Make sure that the butter has covered completely the cake after melting. If this is not the case, add some more butter on the parts of the cake that are still dry.
Bake the cake for 20-30 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
Serve warm, preferably with an ice cream scoop on top.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.