Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
This Strawberry Dump Cake recipe is a miracle dessert! With only 5 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes in the oven, this is a quick and easy-to-make dump cake recipe with so much flavor.
This is the easiest strawberry dessert you will ever make! And yet, everyone who tries it will be amazed by how decadently delicious it is.
Best Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe
I am a big fan of quick and easy dessert recipes, especially fresh strawberry desserts. The truth is, you don’t always need to spend hours in the kitchen to make a delicious cake! Some of the best desserts in the world are so simple, that it’s almost hard to believe.
My homemade strawberry shortcake recipe is a perfect example. It is just so simple and yet so good!
I could not believe how easy this cake was to make. It turned out perfectly and my family loved it.Dori on Pinterest
Dump Cake Recipes FAQs
Dump cake is the perfect name for this type of dessert! You make dump cake recipes by literally “dumping” all of the ingredients into a baking dish and baking them, with very little effort involved. To make it even better, dump cake recipes like this one are perfect for pairing with ice cream.
This dump cake recipe is so easy to prepare that I recommend making it the day of and serving it right out of the oven. However, if you are short on time, you can bake it the day before and heat it in a 300 ° oven for 15 minutes right before serving.
Strawberry Banana Dump Cake Ingredients
- fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- bananas, optional, if you want to make it a strawberry banana dump cake
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- cold butter, sliced
How to Make Strawberry Banana Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add roughly chopped strawberries and medium chopped bananas to a small rectangular baking dish (9 by 7″ works well).
- Spoon ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch over the strawberries and bananas. Mix until the fruits are evenly coated.
- In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix gently.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the top of the fruit. Use a spoon to smooth out the top to be as even as possible.
- Arrange 1 stick of butter cut into slices on top of the dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden-brown and it is ooey gooey in the middle.
- Top with ice cream (optional) and serve! Enjoy this easy peasy recipe!
Loved your Strawberry Dump Cake! Came out very delicious and oh so easy to make! Hope others will take advantage of this Strawberry Cake!!!Shari on Pinterest
Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe Tips
- Check within the first few minutes of baking to make sure the butter completely covers the cake once it melts. If it does not, add more butter to the parts of the cake that are not covered.
- Make sure to evenly distribute the butter so all parts of the dump cake are covered by it once it melts. If it doesn’t cover the top of the cake completely, you may find dry spots, so keep an eye on it in the oven and add more butter if necessary.
- Try other fruit flavors! Raspberries and bananas are delicious, and so are blackberries and blueberries. Mix it up and have fun! The best part about this strawberry dump cake recipe is that it works so well with your favorite fruits.
Strawberry Banana Dump Cake Substitutions
- We like to make our cake mix from scratch when we can. It’s actually super easy! But, you can always use boxed cake mix if you prefer to make your strawberry dump cake recipe.
- You can substitute any of your favorite berries in this recipe and it will turn out just as amazing!
Best Dump Cake Recipes
Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe (best strawberry dessert in the world)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Watermelon Pizza with cut strawberries
- Strawberry Sauce (so good over ice cream)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
- Fresas con Crema
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Easy Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe
For the fruits:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 medium bananas roughly chopped
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
For the cake mix:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 stick ½ cup cold butter, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dump the chopped fruits into a small rectangular baking dish (approximately 9 x 7 inch). Spoon on top sugar and cornstarch. Mix until the the fruits are evenly coated.
- In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and mix gently. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the fruits. Use a spoon to make the top as even as possible.
- Arrange the butter slices on top of the cake mixture.
- Place the pan in the oven to bake. Make sure that the butter has covered completely the cake after melting. If this is not the case, add some more butter on the parts of the cake that are still dry.Bake the cake for 20-30 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.Serve warm, preferably with an ice cream scoop on top, and store leftovers for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Want to try a variation with different fruits? No problem! Just consider increasing the sugar with fruits that are less sweet.
- Make sure the butter is well distributed on top so that it covers the cake mix perfectly as it melts. Otherwise, you are risking to find traces of dry flour afterward which won’t be pleasant to eat.