Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Delicious roasted vegetables with cheese sauce is a flavorful meal for lunch or dinner! This is a quick, easy and wholesome dish the whole family will love.
What vegetables go with cheese sauce?
Almost any kind of vegetable goes well with cheese sauce!
Our vegetables with cheese sauce recipe includes potatoes and broccoli, but cauliflower or sweet potatoes are other tasty options.
Roasted or steamed, cheese sauce compliments vegetables perfectly.
What do you need to make vegetables with cheese sauce?
Only a few ingredients are required to make vegetables with cheese sauce:
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cheese sauce – learn how to make cheese sauce
- Optional: extra grated cheese
RECIPE TIP: You only need to add olive oil to the vegetables before roasting them. Extra virgin olive oil is my favorite, as it is one of the healthiest oils to use, and it guarantees a fantastic taste. If you don’t have it in your pantry at the moment, any vegetable oil works just fine.
How to cook fresh vegetables
Cooking fresh vegetables for vegetables with cheese sauce is easy. Follow these steps:
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces
- Spread them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of oil and mix them well so they are all evenly greased
- Bake in the oven until soft and lightly toasted
Are roasted vegetables better with cheese sauce?
Roasted vegetables are great to eat just plain… however, with cheese sauce, they become fantastic! Homemade cheese sauce gives them so much flavor and a smooth, velvety texture. You will love eating roasted vegetables with cheese sauce.
What is the best cheese sauce for vegetables?
Any kind of cheese sauce goes well with veggies! You can season the sauce according to your taste before using it. For this vegetables with cheese sauce recipe, we recommend homemade cheese sauce with grated cheddar or Gruyère cheese.
RECIPE TIP: You can enjoy your vegetables with cheese sauce two ways. You can either simply top vegetables with cheese sauce right after roasting and enjoy them immediately, or grill them quickly in a baking dish, covered generously with cheese sauce and optionally with more grated cheese. Grilling creates a nice, delicious crust.
When do you serve vegetables with cheese sauce?
Roasted vegetables with cheese sauce is a great dish for lunch or dinner. Try it as a meal or as a side dish.
This recipe is suitable for any time of the year as you can use fresh or frozen vegetables of your choosing. Mix up your vegetables with cheese sauce recipe to use your favorite seasonal vegetables, and try different cheeses for a fun dish you can experiment with!
Did you try making roasted vegetables with cheese sauce? Let us know in the comments! We would love to hear your thoughts.
More cheesy dinner ideas:
- Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
- Stuffed Roasted Eggplant Recipe
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Dinner Ideas
And try more Easy Christmas Dinner Ideas!
Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
- 4 potatoes peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cheese sauce
- optional: extra grated cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking tin, covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle them with the olive oil. Using a spoon, mix the vegetables together with the oil, so they are as evenly covered as possible. Spread them around the tin.
- Roast for about 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly toasted.
- Serve on plates and top with cheese sauce.