Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes recipe will change the way you make or even think about this dish! They are so creamy, cheesy, and delicious. What’s even better is that they’re ready in under 30 minutes!
Cheesy scalloped potatoes make the perfect Sunday Supper or holiday side dish. With this quick and easy recipe, you will save so much time!
Quick and Easy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
This recipe has become my favorite because of how and easy it is to make. It also saves the oven for the main dishes during the holidays.
Make this recipe in the instant pot and wait for the company to arrive. Then pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes and it is perfect every time!
Can this recipe be doubled?
Yes! Simply double the ingredients for a serving of 12 and use a larger baking dish.
🧂 Our Favorite Potato Side Dishes
The best-scalloped potatoes au gratin start with a great roux turned into a bechamel sauce.
For more variations on this dish, try my other favorite scalloped potato recipes or even try mixing up the cheese sauce by making a bechamel with a roux.
🥗 Serving Suggestions
Serve this cheesy au gratin potatoes recipe as a side dish for a holiday meal, and it’s a guaranteed success. Here are my favorite recipes to serve it with – especially Instant Pot scalloped potatoes au gratin and ham!
Are scalloped potatoes gluten-free?
Yes! Double-check your chicken broth to make sure that it’s gluten-free, but other than that, none of the ingredients in this recipe contain gluten. It’s a perfect side dish for a gluten-free diet!
How to Cut Au Gratin Potatoes
Using a mandoline to slice the potatoes will make your life so much easier! If you don’t have a mandoline, you will need a sharp knife for cutting the potatoes.
The key to perfect scalloped potatoes is very thin long slices.
Take a look at my guide on How to Use a Mandoline if you aren’t familiar with using one!
🥫 How long do scalloped potatoes last in the refrigerator?
Store your scalloped potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or even on the stove in a skillet.
If heating in the oven, reheat at baking temperature for 5-10 minutes or so until the potatoes are heated throughout.
📖 Our Favorite Potato Side Dishes
If you love these gratin potatoes, you will love my other potato side dishes! Here are my best:
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 small russet potatoes thinly sliced
- ½ stick butter + 2 tsp. extra cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions to taste
- Thinly slice 4 small russet potatoes using a mandoline or knife and preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Add the sliced potatoes to your Instant Pot with 1 cup of chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once 2 minutes is up, release the pressure. Transfer your potatoes from the Instant Pot to an oven-safe dish using a slotted spoon. There will be liquid remaining inside of your Instant Pot from cooking the potatoes – don’t remove it! You’ll use it for the cheese sauce.
- Add ½ stick butter, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ¾ cup shredded cheese, and 1 cup heavy cream (slowly) to the Instant Pot with the liquid. Set your pressure cooker to saute mode and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheese sauce over your Instant Pot scalloped potatoes in the baking dish, then top with the remaining ¼ cup shredded cheese and 2 tsp. butter. Top with sliced green onions to taste if using.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check the potatoes every 5 minutes using a toothpick to know when the potatoes are done cooking. When the potatoes are tender and the toothpick pierces through easily, they are ready!
- These Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are gluten-free! Just double-check your chicken broth.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply make it up until the point that you would bake it, cover it tightly with foil, and place in the fridge the day before baking.
- Store Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or even on the stove in a skillet.