Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Make the best hard boiled eggs in just 7 minutes or less following my easy recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs! Whether you like your yolks runny or fully set, you can easily use your pressure cooker to hard boil eggs exactly to your preference.
Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot
After going through all of the steps to boil eggs, it’s such a disappointment to find your cook time was a little off or the shell is sticking to the egg. It is so frustrating to perfectly cook your eggs on the stove, only to have the shell stick and ruin your perfectly smooth and silky egg whites!
But, you will never have that problem with Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs. The shells practically slide right off of the egg, and you can guarantee the yolks will always be cooked just how you like them.
With a maximum 7-minute cook time and no waiting for water to boil, it is so easy to make perfectly cooked, easy-peel hard-boiled eggs in the pressure cooker. Instant Pot eggs are a huge time saver and are completely hassle-free!
Hard Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot FAQs
To soft boil eggs in the Instant Pot, cook them for 3 minutes at high pressure and quick release. For fully set egg whites and slightly soft yolks, hard-boiled eggs take 4-5 minutes to cook at high pressure. For firm yolks, cook eggs for 6-7 minutes at high pressure.
I cook 6 eggs at a time using a single trivet in my 6 qt. Instant Pot. To cook a larger batch, use an egg steamer rack. You can cook as many eggs at a time as can fit in the pot without overcrowding.
Use high pressure to make Instant Pot boiled eggs, then quick release to release the pressure.
Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are much easier to peel than stove-top eggs, so long as you add them to an ice water bath once they are removed from the pot. Immediately place them in ice water for at least 1 minute, up to 5 minutes, and peel as soon as you remove them from the ice water bath.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot
- Place trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water to the pot, then gently rest eggs on top of the trivet. Lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Just before 7 minutes are up, fill a medium bowl with ice water and keep it within reach of the Instant Pot.
- Carefully quick-release the pressure using an oven mitt or washcloth. As soon as you remove the lid, take the eggs out and place them into the bowl of ice water. Let them sit in the ice water for at least 1 minute, up to 5 minutes.
- After 1 minute, drain the water from the bowl and start to peel your eggs. To easily peel them, rub your thumbs along the shells to encourage them to loosen and peel. Carefully peel away the shell using the pads of your fingers, not your nails. The shells should fall away easily.
How Long to Boil Instant Pot Eggs
|Yolk Consistency||How Long to Boil Eggs|
|Runny yolks (soft-boiled)||3 minutes|
|Slightly soft yolks||4-5 minutes|
|Fully set, firm yolks||6-7 minutes|
Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- As with all appliances, your Instant Pot cooking times may vary from my own. Test how many minutes to cook your eggs and adjust as necessary by 1 minute at a time.
- This method of hard-boiling eggs works for large to extra large eggs.
- You can cook as many eggs at a time as you like using this method as long as they are not overcrowded. Try using an egg steamer rack to cook more than 6 eggs at once. Cooking with a rack is the best way to ensure they all cook evenly.
- Quick release the pressure as soon as the cooking time is up to ensure they do not become overcooked. Use a cloth or oven mitt to quick release.
- Have your ice bath ready to transfer the eggs immediately from the Instant Pot so they stop cooking right away.
- Peel the eggs as soon as you remove them from the ice bath – don’t let them sit. They are easier to peel fresh out of the ice bath.
How to Store Hard Boiled Eggs
Store peeled hard-boiled eggs in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. If unpeeled, hard-boiled eggs will last up to 7 days.
Unpeeled soft-boiled eggs (runny yolks) last up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
What to Make with Hard Boiled Eggs
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs!
- Grilled Chicken Salad with hard-boiled eggs
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Ham Salad with hard-boiled eggs is amazing
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs (Easy Peel)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Medium bowl of ice water
- Add the metal trivet to the bottom of your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. Gently rest 6 eggs on top of the trivet. Lock the Instant Pot lid in place, and cook on high pressure for ~7 minutes (see notes below for more info on how long to cook hard-boiled eggs).
- Carefully release the pressure (I always opt to use an oven mitt or washcloth to do this). As soon as the pressure releases and you remove the lid, take the eggs out and place them in a medium-size bowl full of ice water for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, drain the water from the bowl and begin peeling your eggs. Rub your thumbs along the shell to encourage it to loosen and peel. Do it carefully, so you don’t leave any “craters” in the eggs with your fingernails. The shell should come off easily thanks to the ice bath!
- Runny yolks: 3 minutes
- Slightly soft yolks: 4 to 5 minutes
- Fully set, firm yolks: 6 to 7 minutes