Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our creamy Instant Pot Potato Salad with eggs is the best potato salad recipe you will ever eat. Mixed with a tasty, tangy dressing and chives, this quick and easy potato salad is soft, fluffy, and flavorful. Ready in less than 20 minutes using simple ingredients.
Quick Potato Salad
My family and I look forward to summertime every year for one reason: the food! What’s better than a barbecue? And one of the best side dishes for a BBQ is potato salad.
Potato salad recipes are some of my favorites. I’ve made so many different kinds, and can tell you the easiest way to make potato salad is to cook the eggs and potatoes in your pressure cooker!
Making Instant Pot potatoes for potato salad is so simple and saves so much time. The best part is, you can make the whole dish in just one pot for easy clean up. Even the eggs hard boil with the potatoes so you don’t have to cook anything separately.
This recipe makes homemade potato salad easy. I know you’re going to love it!
Potato Salad Ingredients
- potatoes: I use Yukon Gold potatoes.
- salt and pepper
- chives: optional, but the added flavor is irresistible!
How to Make Potato Salad in the Instant Pot
You do not. Your potatoes will come out perfectly fluffy without a steamer basket for this Instant Pot recipe!
Yes. You should cut the potatoes to about 1 to 2-inch uniform pieces before placing them in the Instant Pot.
Yukon Gold potatoes are perfect for potato salad! They hold up to moisture very well.
You may also like
In an air-tight container in the refrigerator, your Instant Pot Potato Salad will last about 5 days.
You can, but we don’t recommend freezing potato salad. The consistency will not be the same after freezing and it’s easy for it to become mushy.
Lay the cut potatoes on the bottom of the pot with water. Nestle the eggs on top of the potatoes so they can cook together on high pressure. Quick release the pressure once they’re done cooking. This is the best way to cook potatoes for potato salad.
It is so easy to make homemade potato salad dressing. Mix mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper, and a little sugar until smooth. That’s it!
Yes! It tastes even better after you’ve let it chill. You can let this potato salad rest in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving.
Potato Salad Recipes
What to Serve with Potato Salad
- BBQ Baby Back Ribs on the Grill
- Best Grilling Recipes for Summer
- Juicy Buttermilk Roast Chicken
- Best Gourmet Burger Recipes
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Creamy Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium potatoes I used yukon gold potatoes – cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced
- ½ cup onions chopped into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Fresh chives chopped (optional)
- Wash and dry potatoes. Peel and cut into 1 to 2-inch equally sized pieces. Add the potatoes to the bottom of your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water and the eggs. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Quick release once done.
- Remove eggs and place into an ice bath for 5 minutes. Drain water from potatoes and place the pot into the refrigerator.Wash the celery and thinly slice. Cut onion into small pieces. Peel eggs and cut into small pieces. Leave one for garnish if you prefer.Finally, place celery, onion, and eggs into your pot of potatoes.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper into a bowl. Mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over top of your pot with potatoes, celery, onions and eggs.
- Mix everything together well.
- Garnish with fresh chives, and egg slices if you prefer. Serve chilled and enjoy!