Spring into summer with this beautiful and light Rose Sangria with summer berries! This Rose Sangria is perfect for an adults only punch for a Memorial Day barbecue or backyard gathering.
Hello? Summer? That you?
I am counting down the days until summer, and while we’ve been having a few nice spring days here and there, nothing is better than knowing summer is just around the corner with warm days made for sipping Rose Sangria!
Having moved from Australia from a city that had 300 days of sunshine a year, to the not so sunny Pacific Northwest, you can imagine that I am desperately in need of some sunshine and Vitamin D! While I love the PNW, I feel like the winter months just drag and I am so looking forward to the warmer, longer days in the next few months!
What is Sangria
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage typically made with dark Spanish red wine, juice, fresh fruit, and spices. There are many variations of Sangria such as our Rose Sangria which is a made with light rose wine, a simple syrup, vodka, and fresh berries. Another popular sangria variation is Sangria Blanca made with white wine like our Citrus Peach Sangria with apple brandy and peaches or our Blueberry Sangria made with Sauvignon Blanc, fresh blueberries, and brandy. Sangria is a refreshing adult fruit punch perfect for sipping all summer long.
Rose Sangria with Summer Berries
The biggest thing I love about the warmer weather is the endless opportunities for gatherings with friends and family. I love spending Saturday nights grilling up a feast with friends, loading the table with fresh salads, and of course bringing out my new favourite signature cocktail, the sparkling rosé sangria with summer berries.
This rose sangria is great for adults only punch. It feeds a crowd, is quick and easy to make and deliciously light and refreshing for the warmer months. I actually can’t think of a quicker cocktail to put together! I made this for my friends the other day, and I kid you not, it came together in under 10 minutes and my friends loved it!
With Memorial Day coming up and the start of summer, it’s a perfect time to get the grill going, invite some friends around for backyard games, and make this delicious sangria that everyone is bound to love.
So let’s get on board with the summertime entertaining! We’d love to hear your thoughts’ on this rosé sangria with summer berries recipe! Leave a comment and a rating below!
Want more great recipes like this Rose Sangria for a Memorial Day Gathering?
- This Pumpkin Feta and Green Bean Salad is great for barbecues and outdoor gatherings.
- These Bacon Gorgonzola Burgers would be a great way to jazz up your burgers on the grill!
- This flavour combination in this Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad is amazing for warm weather gatherings and barbecues.
- Speaking of salads, you got to love a fresh and healthy Crispy Asian Noodle Salad
- This Sparkling Strawberry Sangria would also be another great cocktail idea!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 750 ml Rosé dry
- 8 oz blueberries
- 1 lbs strawberries halved (leave some for glass garnish)
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup vodka optional
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan
- Heat until sugar has dissolved and liquid is clear
- Place blueberries and strawberries in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Top with rosé.
- Add soda water, lemon juice, simple syrup and vodka and stir.
- Top with ice and garnish with mint leaves.
- Stir well and enjoy!