Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole is a perfect way to enjoy a hearty ground beef dinner that’s full of flavor in every bite!
With just 5 carbs per serving and only 15 minutes of prep, this is an easy hamburger casserole that’s low carb and gluten-free, too. Your family will ask you to make this dish again and again!
Best Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
Hands down, I can promise you that this is the best keto casserole recipe you will ever try. It’s low carb and gluten-free, but doesn’t skimp out on any flavor. In fact, our easy beef casserole is even tastier than carb-heavy choices.
I can promise you firsthand that this low carb hamburger casserole is perfect for getting kids to eat a wholesome meal. Not only is this dish full of protein, but it’s a great way to hide nutritious veggies.
This is one of my favorite dishes to feed my family with. It’s easy and filling – I like to make it over the weekend to have for the week ahead!
Trust me, you will be asked for seconds. Every time I make this meal at home, it disappears in no time. Our cheesy hamburger casserole is a keeper!
- Mix in ground pork. Try mixing your ground beef with ground pork for an even more flavorful keto cheeseburger casserole. Use a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 5 ounces ground pork.
- Double-check your tomato paste. Make sure your tomato paste is sugar-free. You can substitute it with sugar-free ketchup, as well.
- No need to thaw the green beans. If you’re using frozen green beans, you don’t need to thaw them. They will cook completely as the casserole bakes.
Cheeseburger Casserole Vegetables
For this easy keto hamburger recipe, I like to use green beans! They’re low in carbs and so tasty. Frozen or canned green beans work perfectly.
You can use other veggies, too. Try your favorites, such as:
Broccoli is one of my favorites to use in cheeseburger casserole. It’s just so delicious with the cheddar cheese!
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
Keto burger casserole is a perfect make-ahead dinner idea. Prepare everything in the baking dish, wrap it in foil, and then save it to bake later.
- You can substitute sugar-free tomato paste with sugar-free ketchup.
- You do not need to thaw your green beans. They will cook completely when baking.
- You can mix ground pork in with the beef for extra flavor. Mix 1 pound ground beef and 5 ounces ground pork.
Can you freeze cheeseburger casserole?
Yes! Prepare the dish as instructed and layer in the baking dish. You can either bake and then freeze your burger casserole, or freeze before baking.
- If freezing before baking, add an additional 15 to 20 minutes to the baking time when ready to bake.
- If freezing after baking, thaw it in the fridge overnight, then heat it back up in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’re looking for more low carb recipes to enjoy, we have plenty for you! Take a look at all of our low carb recipes, or start with a few of our favorites:
- Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Starbucks Egg Bites (Keto Egg Bites)
- Grilled Picanha Steak (Sirloin Cap)
- Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad
- Broccoli Salad
And definitely try our Easy Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe! You will want to put this sauce on everything.
Make it Low Sodium
You can easily lower the sodium content of this dish to suit a low-sodium meal plan by replacing a few of the ingredients. Here’s what you should replace for a low-sodium keto cheeseburger casserole:
- Use low-sodium tomato paste instead of regular tomato paste.
- Use half the amount of cheese, so about ¾ cup.
- Remove the salt and Dijon mustard.
This should cut the sodium down to about 155 mg. You can lower the sodium further by using a low-sodium cheese.
View our Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Web Story!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try our keto cheeseburger casserole recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below! We love to hear from you!
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- 13 x 9" baking dish
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef lean
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar-free tomato paste
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cups cheddar grated
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Grease an 13 x 9 ″ baking dish with olive oil and set aside. Preheat your oven to 360°F. Place 1 ½ pounds ground beef, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, ½ teaspoon ground pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add the ground beef mixture and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks, until it browns completely.
- Add the cooked ground beef mixture to your prepared baking dish in an even layer.
- Spread 3 cups canned or frozen green beans over the beef. If opting for a lower-sodium dish, use fresh green beans.
- In a medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add ½ cup heavy cream and a pinch of salt.Evenly pour this mixture over the meat and green beans.
- Spread 1 ½ cups grated cheddar over the top of the beef and green bean mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown. Serve, and enjoy!
- You can lower the sodium content in this dish by removing the salt and Dijon mustard, using low-sodium tomato paste, and cutting the cheese in half or using low-sodium cheese.