Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are as crispy and delicious as they come. This easy air fryer recipe is perfect for cooking up a simple, quick breakfast the whole family will love! It’s my go-to for busy weekdays and makes a fun breakfast for dinner meal, too. One batch is ready in under 20 minutes.
Best Air Fryer Breakfast
I love making breakfast in the air fryer. It’s such an easy way to start the day! One of my favorite air fryer breakfast recipes are these homemade breakfast potatoes. They’re flavor-packed from an incredible potato seasoning, and pair well with everything. My family loves air fryer home fries with eggs over easy and crumbled sausage.
Give my home fries in the air fryer a try and you’ll see what’s so crave-worthy about them. They’re simple to make, taste incredible, and are simply unbeatable for starting the day off with a smile!
- sea salt
- brown sugar
- dried thyme
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- ground paprika
Oh, this homemade potato seasoning! I love it on all kinds of potatoes, but it is truly a perfect fit for these air fryer home fries. It’s salty and sweet with a little bit of herby deliciousness thrown in.
How to Air Fry Potatoes
- Mix your potato seasoning in a bowl.
- Wash, peel, and dice russet potatoes.
- Spray the air fryer trap, then air fry at 350 degrees for 15 minutes each tray. For the crispiest potatoes, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Place your air fryer breakfast potatoes in a bowl and toss with potato seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
The secret for how to cook potatoes in the air fryer is to toss them well in oil and salt, then air fry before seasoning with your potato seasoning. Toss with seasoning after frying; this gives the roasted potatoes so much flavor.
No, you do not. You can air fry the potatoes directly after peeling and cutting them.
We like to peel our potatoes, but you can leave them with the skin on if you prefer. Just be sure to cut into a relatively even dice.
Rinse potatoes under cool water and brush them clean with your fingers or a potato scrubber.
Peel your potatoes first if peeling. Then, lay your potato on a cutting board and cut in half. This way you can rest the potato on the flat side to dice it. Cut into slices, then cut the opposite direction to dice into smaller pieces.
Although potatoes can be peeled and cut the night before by soaking them in water, we do not recommend doing that for this recipe as diced potatoes do not hold up well to soaking overnight. If you want to peel potatoes but not cut them ahead of time, you can peel the night before, then store submerged in water in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
This is what makes these homemade breakfast potatoes so special. The air fryer does all of the work of making them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Biting into the crispy outside and tasting the soft, fluffy potato inside… perfection!
What goes with breakfast potatoes?
My family is wild about these air fryer home fries. They are truly delicious. I love to serve them with all kinds of breakfast and brunch recipes! Here are some of my favorites:
- Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls
- Chilaquiles Con Huevos with Avocado Crema
- Candied Bacon Recipe (Million Dollar Bacon)
- Stovetop Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Eggs Benedict Recipe
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air fryer
- ½ Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 medium russet potatoes washed, peeled, and diced
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- cooking spray
- Wash and peel 2 russet potatoes, then dice.
- Toss diced potatoes in canola oil and sea salt.
- Spray air fryer trap, then air fry potatoes at 350°F for 15 minutes each tray. Cook in batches if necessary; don't overcrowd the air fryer.
- While air frying potatoes, mix salt, brown sugar, thyme, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin in a bowl.
- Remove the air fryer breakfast potatoes to a bowl once done, then toss with seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!
- View the FAQs for tips on how to air fry breakfast potatoes!