Now YOU can make chocolate covered strawberries at home! We’ll show you the EASIEST & BEST way to make this NO BAKE strawberry dessert in your own kitchen! Our Chocolate Ganache Covered Strawberries recipe solves every problem you have when making chocolate covered strawberries the traditional way. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Ganache Strawberries
Is there anything better than a plump, red, fresh strawberry covered in smooth, creamy chocolate?! The flavor combination is out of this world and they make such a great Valentine’s Day gift, don’t you think? I know I’d much rather have chocolate covered strawberries over flowers any day!!
Now you don’t have to break the bank when you want to enjoy a luscious chocolate covered strawberry! You can make them in your own kitchen!! Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a NO BAKE recipe and so easy to do!! If you’ve already tried making chocolate covered strawberries at home but ran into trouble, it’s because you were making them with a traditional recipe. You may have had trouble melting the chocolate. Chocolate can be finicky and easily seizes up if it gets too hot or if you dare get a liquid near it when trying to melt it. When chocolate seizes there is no saving it. You have to throw it away and that gets costly, right?!
Another problem with the traditional chocolate covered strawberries recipe is a lot of times the chocolate doesn’t stick to the strawberries, so when you take your first bite, all the chocolate falls off! Has this ever happened to you?! It’s frustrating right?!
NO MORE! You don’t have to worry about chocolate falling off the strawberry or costly mistakes when making chocolate covered strawberries at home! Make our recipe for this decadent NO BAKE strawberry dessert, Chocolate Ganache Covered Strawberries, on the first try with no trouble at all! You’ll never go back to the traditional way of making chocolate covered strawberries again!!
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Covered Strawberries
- Measure 4.5 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl
- Heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream for about 45 seconds in the microwave until it just starts to bubble and then pour over semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Stir until chocolate is smooth
- Add a pinch of salt to the smooth chocolate ganache
- Wash and dry strawberries and dip strawberries, one at a time, into the chocolate ganache
- Place chocolate ganache covered strawberries onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- You can even do white chocolate ganache covered strawberries! Using the same quantities of white chocolate and hot heavy whipping cream to melt the white chocolate chips
- Place tray of chocolate ganache covered strawberries in refrigerator until the ganache is dried. About 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- Use various toppings to decorate the chocolate ganache covered strawberries such as chopped nuts or sugar sprinkles. There are so many chocolate covered strawberries toppings to choose from. The possibilities are endless. We love chocolate chips, crushed oreos, crushed candy canes, caramel and more. Have fun with it!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 pound Florida Strawberries washed and dried
- Chopped nuts, sprinkles, melted chocolate, or any toppings you want to use to decorate your strawberries optional
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Heat 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in microwave for about 45 seconds until it just starts to bubble
Pour 4.5 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips* into a heat proof bowl
Pour hot heavy whipping cream into chocolate chips in bowl
Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth**. If the chips don't melt all the way, put the bowl in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to heat slightly. Stir until smooth
Add a pinch of sea salt or kosher salt and stir to combine
Insert a toothpick into the top of each strawberry for easier dipping. One at a time, dip the Florida Strawberries into the chocolate until covered. Remove from chocolate and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Decorate with chopped nuts, sprinkles, or melted chocolate if desired
- White chocolate or dark chocolate chips work well in this recipe also
- If the chocolate is too thin, put it in the freezer for a couple minutes until thickened