In many households, Irish or otherwise, corned beef and corned beef hash is obligatory for St. Patrick’s Day so we are delighted to share this great Certified Angus Beef® brand recipe with you today. Corned Beef Hash, with tender beef, crispy potatoes and onions, can be served solo or topped with an egg, as in the recipe below. Either way, it makes for a quick and tasty Weekday Supper.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes at https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® corned beef, ½-inch dice
- 1½ pounds baby new red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat or butter
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (1/4 head)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh eggs
- 10-inch cast-iron skillet
- Dice potatoes to ½-inch. Add to salted water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, sit for 10 minutes, strain and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add bacon fat to skillet over medium-high heat. Sear potatoes until golden, about 5 minutes. Add onions, garlic, thyme and oregano; sear until onions are transparent. Stir in cabbage and corned beef. Season with pepper.
- Gently crack eggs on top of the hash and place skillet in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on desired egg doneness.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!