Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa are an easy, refreshing dinner with so much flavor! These tilapia tacos are complete with a chili lime rub and a quick peach salsa. Ready in under 30 minutes!
Best Fish Tacos Recipe
Over the summer especially, I love making these fresh and light fish tacos. Let me tell you, there is nothing like peach salsa for fish tacos – it’s what makes this recipe stand out above any others I’ve tried!
Flavorful and light, these tilapia fish tacos are easy to make using simple ingredients in a skillet on your stovetop. You can grill the fish, too, if you like.
This is the best fish tacos recipe when you’re craving seafood and want a quick and easy meal. Give it a try!
When picking a fish for a dish like tacos, you’ll want a firm, white fish that is easy to cut into cubes and won’t fall apart when cooked.
I personally love tilapia fish tacos, so that’s what I use in this recipe. Tilapia is really affordable and you can find it anywhere. I love the mild flavor of tilapia recipes, and how quickly it cooks! You can also use mahi mahi, cod, barramundi, snapper, or haddock.
Fish Taco Toppings
The only fish taco topping you’ll need for this recipe is my peach salsa! My peach salsa for fish tacos is simply a combination of fresh peach, jalapeno, cilantro, avocado, red onion and lime juice.
The key to making a really tasty salsa is to dice the ingredients really finely, especially the red onion. Red onion can be really overpowering in large chunks, which is why I like to get it as fine as possible. I do, however, like to make the peach chunks a little bigger.
For another variety, try my recipe for peach salsa with mangoes. It makes the best fish tacos sauce!
These fish tacos with peach salsa are so fast, fun and fresh! They’re perfect for a weekend dinner party or summer gathering, or an easy weeknight meal!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try them? Let me know in the comments below and with a rating! I love to hear from you.
Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa
- ½ pound tilapia or other firm, white fish
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 yellow peach diced
- ¼ medium red onion very finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ jalapeno seeds removed, finely diced
- ½ avocado finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the lime juice over the tilapia and coat with the chili powder rub. Set aside to marinate while you make the peach salsa.
- To make peach salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust lime, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add a dash of olive oil. Cook the tilapia for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally until fish is cooked through. The fish should be white throughout, rather than opaque.
- While the fish is cooking, heat your tortillas. Heat a large cast iron pan over medium to high heat, and cook each tortilla one at a time for 2-4 minutes on each side, until they are lightly charcoaled. To assemble, take a tortilla, add the fish, then top with the peach salsa.
- Add a little mango to your salsa with our Peach Mango Salsa recipe!