Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Perfect rice in 15 minutes! My Instant Pot White Rice Recipe is a flawless way to make easy rice in no time! This is not your average white rice recipe. It is so buttery and flavorful!
Instant Pot Rice Recipe
Rice is a staple in my household! I’m constantly making homemade rice to pair with my favorite dinners. When I need a quick but delicious side, pressure cooker white rice is my choice!
This is the perfect white rice recipe. It’s just the right texture, is buttery and tastes amazing. It has a similar consistency to sticky rice! Cooking white rice with an onion and chicken bouillon gives it a depth of flavor like none other. I promise you, this will be your new favorite way to make rice!
Instant Pot Rice Ingredients
- Long grain white rice
- Chicken bouillon
- Small onion or half of a large onion
- Optional: sliced green onions or parsley for topping
How to Cook Rice in Instant Pot
- Add water and rice to your pressure cooker.
- Place small onion or half a large onion in the center of the pot.
- Sprinkle chicken bouillon around the onion in the pot. Avoid getting any on top of the onion – you want it in the rice!
Close the lid and make sure it is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion and add butter. Thoroughly mix together until all the butter melts. Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
Just like Portuguese rice, this pressure cooker rice recipe cooks with an onion and chicken bouillon. It’s full of flavor and beautifully cooked! Perfect for use in dishes like pork fried rice, 5-ingredient Chicken Stir Fry, or your favorite rice bowls.
Instant Pot Rice Recipe FAQs
Long-grain white rice has about 45 grams of carbs per cup.
The rice to water ratio for Instant Pot rice is 2 to 1. For every cup of rice you need 2 cups of water. Your rice will turn out perfect every single time.
What to Serve with White Rice
Steak recipes are perfect for pairing with this easy dish, too. Even better if you cook steak on the grill or even in the air fryer. It’s so easy to make air fryer steak!
Best Rice Recipes
- Rice-a-Roni Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Mexican Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Vegetarian Enchiladas with Chickpea Curry and Lime Rice
Did you try making my pressure cooker rice? I always love to hear your thoughts! What would you serve it with? Leave a comment and a rating below and let me know!
White Rice in the Instant Pot
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 small onion or half a large onion
- 2 cups water
- ½ stick butter
- Optional: sliced green onions for topping
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to your pressure cooker.
- Place 1 whole small onion or half a large onion in the center of the pot. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon around the onion in the pot. Avoid getting any on top of the onion – you want it in the rice!
- Close the lid and make sure it is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion and add ½ stick of butter. Thoroughly mix together until all the butter melts. Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- Mix the butter in well until it melts completely for buttery, super-flavorful rice.
- Make sure to get the chicken bouillon on the rice and in the water, and not on the onion. You want to cook it directly in the rice.
- Remove the onion after cooking and before stirring in the butter.
- Top with sliced green onions for extra color and flavor. You will love it!
Let us know what you think or ask a question about the recipe!