Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Perfect rice in 15 minutes! 🍚 My Instant Pot White Rice Recipe is a flawless way to make easy rice in no time! This is not your average white rice recipe. It is so buttery and flavorful!
Just like Portuguese rice, this pressure cooker rice recipe cooks with an onion and chicken bouillon. It’s full of flavor and beautifully cooked! Perfect for using in dishes like pork fried rice, 5-ingredient Chicken Stir Fry, or your favorite rice bowls.
Rice is a staple in my household! I’m constantly making homemade rice to pair with my favorite dinners. When I need a quick but delicious side, pressure cooker white rice is my choice!
This is the perfect white rice recipe. It’s just the right texture, buttery, and tastes amazing. It has a similar consistency to sticky rice!
Cooking white rice with an onion and chicken bouillon gives it a depth of flavor like none other. I promise you, this will be your new favorite way to make rice!
🍚 White Rice Instant Pot Recipe Ingredients
I love making this easy rice recipe. Let me tell you, I cannot believe how simple it is cooking rice in Instant Pot. The fact that it takes just 15 minutes in the pressure cooker for perfect rice blows my mind!
Here is everything you’ll need to make this tasty sticky rice recipe:
- Long grain white rice
- Chicken bouillon
- Small onion or half of a large onion
- Optional: sliced green onions for topping
After just one bite, I guarantee you you’re going to love this Instant Pot rice recipe. It is perfection in every spoonful!
And please share with me if you make it for dinner. I can’t wait to hear what dishes you pair it with! One of my favorites is 5-ingredient chicken stir fry. I guarantee you’ll love it.
How to Cook Rice in Instant Pot
- Add water and rice to your pressure cooker.
- Place small onion or half a large onion in the center of the pot.
- Sprinkle chicken bouillon around the onion in the pot. Avoid getting any on top of the onion – you want it in the rice!
Close the lid and make sure it is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion and add butter. Thoroughly mix together until all the butter melts. Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
How easy is that? Practically no prep and just 15 minutes for perfect Instant Pot sticky rice! For full ingredients and more recipe tips, keep scrolling to the recipe card below!
This really is not your average white rice recipe. The flavor is really out-of-this-world delicious. It will surprise you just how tasty it is!
Some nights, I make it just to enjoy on its own. It’s that good!
How many carbs is in a cup of rice?
Long grain white rice has about 45 grams of carbs per cup.
🍛 What to Eat with White Rice
There are so many dishes you can enjoy with this easy pressure cooker recipe! I personally love making rice bowls, especially with slow cooker pulled pork, grilled pulled pork, Chicken Birria Tacos or my favorite 5-ingredient Chicken Stir Fry.
Steak recipes are perfect for pairing with this easy dish, too. Even better if you cook steak on the grill or even in the air fryer. It’s so easy to make air fryer steak!
I also love enjoying this recipe with a perfect poached egg. That perfect runny egg yolk over the top… talk about yum!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try making my pressure cooker rice? I always love to hear your thoughts! What would you serve it with? Leave a comment and a rating below and let me know!
Instant Pot White Rice Recipe
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 small onion or half a large onion
- 2 cups water
- ½ stick butter
- Optional: sliced green onions for topping
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of rice to your pressure cooker.
- Place 1 whole small onion or half a large onion in the center of the pot. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon around the onion in the pot. Avoid getting any on top of the onion – you want it in the rice!
- Close the lid and make sure it is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, then let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion and add ½ stick of butter. Thoroughly mix together until all the butter melts. Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- Mix the butter in well until it melts completely for buttery, super-flavorful rice.
- Make sure to get the chicken bouillon on the rice and in the water, and not on the onion. You want to cook it directly in the rice.
- Remove the onion after cooking and before stirring in the butter.
- Top with sliced green onions for extra color and flavor. You will love it!