Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
The cutest fruit charcuterie tray EVER! A Rainbow Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Bar is easy to make and the most fun way to enjoy healthy fruits and sweet cereal parfaits! 🌈
My kids loved this rainbow parfait bar at all their parties when they were growing up. It’s perfect for birthday parties and sleepovers!
Kids love this easy yogurt fruit dip board, and so will you! Grab a few champagne glasses and your favorite charcuterie board, and you can have one of the best healthy snack ideas ready in no time.
What is parfait?
Parfait is a French word that literally translates to “perfect”. Originally, a parfait meant a frozen dessert consisting of syrup, egg, and cream, boiled together to make a custard-like puree.
American parfaits, however, are best known as yogurt parfait or fruit parfait. Generally, these parfait recipes use just yogurt, fresh fruit, and toppings like granola, nuts, and whipped cream. Some recipes even use a cake layer!
You layer your ingredients in a glass or cup, and enjoy. Fruit parfaits make wonderful breakfasts or party treats, as in this yogurt parfait bar!
This fun parfait recipe is even perfect for bridal shower food ideas and baby shower food ideas!
🌈 Parfait Ingredients
- Cantaloupe chunks
- Orange slices
- Pineapple slices
- Star fruit
- Green grapes
- Purple grapes
- Vanilla yogurt
- Mini marshmallows
- Lucky Charms cereal
How much of each ingredient you use for your yogurt parfait board depends on the size of your board!
What board should I use for a charcuterie tray?
Pick what works best for you and how many people you’re serving!
You can use any size board you want as your charcuterie tray. Everything from a cutting board to a large basket like mine will work.
Keep in mind that my large charcuterie tray gives me plenty of space to work on to make the colorful design for the perfect rainbow fruit platter.
If you use a much smaller board, you can make smaller rows for the rainbow.
⭐ Tips for Making a Rainbow Fruit Tray
- If you’re using a smaller board, make sure to use smaller bowls for your yogurt, too! This will make it easier to arrange the “rainbow” on the board.
- To make it look like a pot of gold is under the rainbow, I put some little gold coins in the Lucky Charms cereal. You could create the same effect by using chocolate gold coins!
- A bit of cereal on top of your fruit and yogurt parfait glasses adds a little crunch to the parfait! To make it fun for a party or sleepover, set out glasses and let everyone build their own parfaits.
It’s a good idea to plan out your board ahead of time so you know where you’ll be placing the fruit. The size of your board makes a difference in how your rainbow will look.
Each row of fruit should be even. You can use parchment paper to measure where you want things to go, or place small pieces of fruit first, before laying everything out.
What is a parfait bar?
A parfait bar is essentially the party tray shown here! You set up all of the ingredients necessary to make a parfait, including the yogurt and toppings. Then, everyone can build their own fruit and yogurt parfait in a cup, picking and choosing their own ingredients!
Parfait bars are a great option for breakfast or brunch and make a fun and healthy party snack, too.
How do you make a yogurt parfait bar?
- Offer plenty of options!
This parfait bar has six different fruits, cereal, and mini marshmallows. Having plenty of choices for what to add to your parfait makes a parfait bar even more fun.
- Arrange your ingredients on a charcuterie tray!
My favorite is the flat basket I used to make this yogurt and fruit charcuterie board, but you can use any size board you want. Having everything on a board makes it easy to move around, fun to arrange, and easy to clean up!
- Set out glasses, bowls, or cups to serve the parfaits in!
I used little champagne flutes for this parfait bar. They’re cute and make everyone feel fancy!
The perfect parfait glasses are champagne flutes!
Wholesome Snack Ideas
Smoothies are one of the best ways to enjoy something a little sweet that’s good for you, too. Try my favorite Apple Banana Smoothie, it tastes just like an apple pie! Or, for St. Patrick’s Day especially, this Green Apple Smoothie is a real treat.
Love this charcuterie tray? Try our Spider-Man Web Berry Dessert! It is perfect for little ones’ birthday parties!
For more charcuterie, try:
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
How to Make Parfait – Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Bar
- Charcuterie board
- 2 cups Raspberries
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 cups Cantaloupe chunks
- 2 cups Orange slices
- 2 cups Pineapple chunks
- 2 cups Star fruit
- 2 cups Green grapes
- 2 cups Kiwi
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 cups Purple grapes
- 2 cups Vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups Mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
How to Make a Fruit Tray for a Yogurt Parfait Bar
- Line a basket or board with parchment paper. Place two bowls where you want the ends of your “rainbow” to be.
- Start by placing raspberries and strawberries in a row extending from one yogurt bowl to the other. This is the first line of your rainbow.
- Next, place cantaloupe chunks and orange slices in a row just below the strawberries and raspberries.
- Pineapple and star fruit go beneath the cantaloupe and oranges. Make sure to use as much or little as your board calls for to get that rainbow shape!
- Place green grapes and kiwi below the star fruit and pineapple.
- Then, add blueberries.
- Finally, for your last rainbow line, use purple grapes!
- Surround each yogurt bowl with mini marshmallows so it looks like fluffy clouds. Fill your bowls with vanilla yogurt.
- Fill the empty spaces of the board with Lucky Charms cereal.
How to Make Parfait for a Yogurt Parfait Bar
- Place a few purple grapes and blueberries to cover the bottom of a glass or champagne flute.
- Add a layer of vanilla yogurt.
- Then, place an even layer of kiwi and green grapes.
- Cover with a layer of vanilla yogurt.
- Add a layer of pineapple and star fruit slices.
- Then add another layer of yogurt.
- Place oranges and cantaloupe.
- Then add a layer of yogurt.
- Finally, add strawberries and raspberries.
- Top with yogurt and Lucky Charms cereal, and enjoy!
- If using a smaller board reduce all ingredients in half or 1 cups each.
- Make sure to use smaller bowls for your yogurt when making a small board! This will make it easier to place the “rainbow” on the board.
- I use little gold coins to decorate the fruit charcuterie tray. You can use chocolate gold coins, too!
- The size of your board makes a difference in how your rainbow will look. Each row of fruit should be even. Plan how you want the rainbow to look on your board ahead of time to make it even easier!