Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is an easy-to-make, low carb version of everyone’s favorite egg roll bowl! All the flavors you love in an egg roll, in a bowl. Ready in less than 30 minutes using simple ingredients.
Best Keto Egg Rolls in a Bowl
Okay, I am obsessed with this egg roll bowl recipe. You don’t have to follow a low carb meal plan to love the flavors in this dish. It’s just like your favorite egg roll recipe, in a bowl without the wrapper!
This deliciously easy recipe for egg roll in a bowl is keto-friendly and simple to make gluten-free and even vegan. It’s customizable, flavorful, and a perfect quick easy dinner recipe for any day of the week.
Similar to the popular Weight Watchers egg roll in a bowl, this dish is a guaranteed hit with the whole family. I know mine loves it!
Simply put, it’s literally a deconstructed egg roll recipe, served in a bowl! The WW egg roll in a bowl is a popular example of this dish.
Using a mix of turkey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced garlic and ginger, coconut aminos*, coleslaw mix, grated carrot, green onions, hoisin sauce, and a little salt and pepper, my keto egg roll bowls combine all the flavors you love in an egg roll into a keto-friendly bowl recipe.
You can adjust it to be gluten-free or even vegan. It is so easy to make this homemade egg rolls bowl exactly how you like it!
*If you’re not on a keto meal plan, you can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos.
In spite of its name, my egg roll in a bowl recipe does not use eggs, making it even easier to adjust to be vegan-friendly.
To make vegan egg roll bowls, substitute the turkey for a plant-based ground protein. Prepare it exactly the same way you would with turkey. That’s all you have to do!
All you have to do to adjust this dish to be completely gluten-free is to make sure you purchase gluten-free hoisin sauce. You can find Kikkoman brand gluten-free hoisin sauce at most local grocery stores, for example.
This is a great meal prep recipe. Follow these instructions to freeze your keto egg roll in a bowl:
- Allow dish to cool completely.
- Add to the freezer in a freezer-safe container or freezer-safe bag.
- Label with the freezing date and store for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave until heated through, or add to a skillet on the stove over low heat until gradually heated through. Do the same for thawed frozen leftovers.
- If you’re not on a keto meal plan, you can substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos. Other soy sauce substitutions include tamari and liquid aminos.
- For rice vinegar substitutions, try apple cider vinegar, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, or lemon or lime juice.
- Protein substitutions are easy to make. Instead of ground turkey, you can use ground pork, beef, or even plant-based protein for a vegan meal plan. I love a beef egg roll in a bowl.
Try Pairing it With
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments below, and please leave a rating! I love to hear from you.
Easy Asian-inspired Recipes
- Easy Chicken Stir-Fry (5 Ingredients)
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (Instant Pot)
- Asian Beef Stir Fry with Green Beans
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce, or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 bag coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 bunch green onions chopped, divided in half
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey until done (about 15 minutes) and drain if needed.
- Add in ½ of your chopped green onion, then add oil and vinegar. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, hoisin, coleslaw mix, and carrots, and cook until the cabbage has wilted.
- Stir in the remaining green onion and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To make vegan egg roll bowls, substitute the turkey for a plant-based ground protein.
- Purchase gluten-free hoisin sauce to make it gluten-free.