Ground beef is one of the least expensive “cuts” of beef one can buy so folks on a budget are always looking for new and exciting ways to use it. These Lebanese Style Beef Kabobs fit the bill! They are seasoned beautifully with a mix of aromatic spices and herbs, perfectly complementing the ground beef. Nothing blah or bland about these delightful skewers. They are one of our favorite Sunday Supper recipes, but because you can make them ahead, they are also perfect for a Weekday Supper.
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef® brand. We are delighted to share it here for Weekday Supper. Find more of their wonderful #BestBeef recipes at https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes
- 1½ pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80 or 85% lean)
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare spice mix by combining salt, white pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, clove, coriander, ginger and nutmeg. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, mint and spice mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Form mixture into eight uniform logs. Skewer each log and hand-form tightly and evenly around the skewer, pulling the meat lengthwise from the skewer's tip toward handle. Leave about four inches of exposed skewer for a handle. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight covered in plastic wrap before grilling.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat until browned on all sides and cooked through (160°F internal temperature), about 2 minutes per side.
Weekday Supper recipes are great for when life gets busy! It’s easy to find them. Search the #WeekdaySupper hashtag across social media or click here for more on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Weekday Supper Pinterest board for plenty more ideas and inspiration.