It’s PEACH SEASON! I love biting into a ripe, juicy peach and enjoying that sweet, refreshing flavor, don’t you?! I also love cutting peaches into oatmeal or a salad, but in order to cut peaches, first I have to pit them.
In this article, I’ll show you, step-by-step, how to cut a peach quickly and easily to remove the pit from the center so you can slice it or dice it any way you like it! I’ll also share with you my favorite recipes using peaches.
How To Cut a Peach
- 4 peaches or however many you would like to cut
- Wash the peach: Wash the peach under cold running water to remove any dirt or germs. Use your clean hands, instead of a scrubber, to gently rub away anything that might be on the surface of the skin. Peach skin is sensitive, so handle it gently.
- Cut around the peach pit: Using a paring knife, insert it near the top of the peach until you hit the pit in the center. Carefully move the knife down and around the peach, cutting in a straight line until you reach the top on the other side of the peach.
- Separate the peach halves: Now that you’ve cut all the way around the pit of the peach, put down the knife and use your hands to gently pull the peach apart. Sometimes you might need to give a gentle twisting motion to twist the peach apart or if the peach isn’t too soft, you can use your fingers to separate the 2 halves of the peaches by inserting them into the cut portion and pulling gently.
- Remove the peach pit: You’ll notice one half of the peach still has the pit in it. Holding the peach half with the pit in one hand, gently remove the pit using your other hand. Use your knife to cut away the center portion of the peach where the pit was. This area can be hard and less desirable to eat.
- Slice or dice the peach: Cut the peach halves into slices. Lay one half on a clean cutting board and use a paring knife to slice the peach into equal pieces or dice it as needed. Repeat with remaining peach half.
How to Use Cut Peaches
If you’re planning to do any baking with peaches, you’ll probably need to remove the skin. Check out our tutorial on How To Peel Peaches for step-by-step instructions on the quickest and easiest method to peel peaches. It will amaze you how easily the peel removes!
Once you’re done peeling and cutting your peaches into slices, learn how to freeze peaches the easy way for year-round enjoyment. And, learn more about peaches and peach nutrition facts by reading our article on Facts About Peaches!
📌 Pin our How to Cut Peaches guide to save for later!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.