Learn How to Freeze Peaches the easy way so you can have the taste of their summery, juicy goodness all year long. Peaches are in season from May to October with the peak of the season being from June to August. When peaches go on sale, we buy them in large quantities to freeze so we can enjoy fresh peaches in oatmeal, smoothies, peach cobbler and other peachy treats. Freezing peaches is quick and easy, so there’s no excuse not to freeze peaches!
How to Freeze Peaches
- Peel the peaches (step 1 in photo below). Refer to our tutorial on How to Peel Peaches the easy way
- Cut the peaches (step 2 in photo below). Refer to our tutorial on How to Cut Peaches step-by-step
- Place sliced peaches on parchment lined baking sheets. Make sure the peaches are in a single layer and not touching each other (Step 3 in photo below)
- Put baking sheet in freezer for about an hour until peaches are frozen
- Carefully remove peaches from baking sheet and place in zip top baggies. Label the bags with the freeze date (Step 4 in photo below)
Why Freeze Peaches
There are several reasons why you should freeze peaches. Peaches are only in season in the summer, so by freezing them you can enjoy peaches all year long. Learn more about peaches and find even more delicious peach recipes in our article titled Facts About Peaches.
Peaches can be expensive when they are not in the peak of the season. Save money by buying peaches in bulk when they go on sale and freezing them.
Peaches are healthy (learn more about healthy peaches in our article titled Peach Health Benefits). Spending a little time to peel, cut, and freeze peaches, you can quickly and easily enjoy fresh peaches as a quick and healthy snack, in smoothies and cereal, as well all of your favorite peachy recipes such as:
Can you freeze peaches with the skin on?
Absolutely! You can even freeze WHOLE peaches, skin and all! Wash the peaches first and let them dry, then put them on a tray whole WITH the skins in the freezer. Once they are frozen solid, put them into freezer bags and label them with the freeze date.
How long do peaches last in the freezer?
Properly stored peaches will be best when used within 10 to 12 months, however, peaches are safe to eat no matter how long you keep them frozen. The taste and texture will be best when used within a year.
Now that you know how to freeze peaches let us know what you think in the comments section below. How will you use frozen peaches?
**** PIN How to Freeze Peaches to save for later ****