Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Healthy Blueberry Smoothie recipe has just 4 ingredients, but it’s one of the most filling breakfast smoothies you will ever try! This easy blueberry banana smoothie is a great way to start the day, especially when you’re short on time. It takes just 5 minutes to make and is so tasty!
Our Galbi Jjim recipe is complete with a mouth-watering, sweet-and-spicy chili garlic sauce. Every tender, juicy bite is packed with flavor!
These boneless beef short ribs cook low and slow for meat so tender, you can shred it with a fork. They’re full of intense beef flavor, and the sauce forms a sticky glaze. The best way I can describe this dish is ‘meat candy’. It’s that delicious.
And, they’re the perfect cold weather recipe. Serve them during Fall and Winter – they’re the best “stick to your ribs” dish! There is nothing better than the smell of beef short ribs braising in the oven when it’s cold outside!
🍽 What do I need to make blueberry banana smoothies?
As with any smoothie recipe, you will need a blender. You will also need a small bowl to soak the oats in milk. This makes them smooth and easy to blend into your healthy banana blueberry smoothie.
🍌 Healthy Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients
The best part about easy, healthy blueberry recipes like this blueberry smoothie recipe is that they use so few ingredients. Here are all the ingredients you will need to make this smoothie:
- Ripe banana
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Rolled oats
- Almond milk
You can make your breakfast smoothies with oats using fresh or frozen blueberries, and the only other ingredients you’ll need are a ripe banana, the almond milk, and the rolled oats themselves.
Making a banana blueberry smoothie recipe is one of the quickest ways to get a serving of healthy blueberries. And trust me, this will quickly become one of your favorite breakfast smoothie recipes – and one of your favorite drink recipes of all time!
❓ What’s the difference between using frozen and fresh fruit?
The only difference you will find between using fresh or frozen fruit for smoothies is the consistency of your smoothie. Our banana blueberry smoothie recipe will taste the same whether you use frozen or fresh fruit.
Frozen fruit for smoothies acts as an alternative to ice, so if you like a creamier, thicker smoothie, definitely use frozen blueberries or a frozen banana. If you like a thinner smoothie, use fresh blueberries.
We recommend using frozen fruit.
❄ How to Freeze Blueberries
You can easily freeze blueberries at home if you don’t have any frozen fruit for smoothies on hand.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread blueberries in a single layer on the sheet.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once frozen, transfer the frozen blueberries to a freezer bag or airtight container.
🧊 Should I add ice to smoothies?
We do not recommend adding ice to smoothie recipes. You can make the most delicious smoothies using frozen fruit.
Frozen fruit gives smoothies a thicker, smoother consistency. If you need to thin out your smoothie a little more, add just a bit more almond milk.
Blueberries in the freezer are good for up to 6 months.
🥤 How to Make a Blueberry Smoothie
- Add rolled oats to almond milk and let soak for 2 minutes until soft.
- Transfer all ingredients to a regular blender or smoothie blender, and blend until smooth. Serve in a glass. I like to place fresh blueberries on top of my blueberry smoothie recipe, or a little crushed granola, as a treat!
Making a smoothie at home is so easy. In just three simple steps, you can have your own healthy smoothie recipes in no time.
This is one of my personal favorite simple smoothie recipes since it uses just four ingredients. On busy days, I never have to wonder what to make for breakfast – I just make this blueberry smoothie recipe!
For full ingredient measurements plus more recipe tips, scroll down to the recipe card below!
❓ Are blueberry smoothies good for you?
The key to keeping your blueberry smoothie healthy is to use ingredients without anything extra added in.
Frozen fruits are often packaged with added sugar, as it’s a good way to preserve the fruit and add additional sweetness when freezing. This is why it’s a great idea to freeze your own blueberries for your blueberry smoothie recipe, so you know they don’t have any added sugar, if that’s a concern for you!
According to an article from Medical News Today, blueberries are considered a superfood, loaded with antioxidants. Check out the article here: What are superfoods and why should you eat them?
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- Start with a ripe banana for a sweet and creamy blueberry smoothie recipe base.
- Allow the rolled oats to soak in the almond milk for a few minutes to soften. This makes it easier to blend the oats.
- I use old fashioned rolled oats as they have protein and carbs that will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Using almond milk for your smoothies gives them a bit of extra nutty and sweet flavor. Almond milk is my personal choice for this blueberry smoothie recipe! However, you can use any type of nut milk, coconut milk, or regular dairy milk, if you prefer.
- To make it a smoothie bowl recipe, use a frozen banana and frozen blueberries. This will give you a thicker consistency. You will need a high power blender to do both at the same time. Or, add each ingredient separately and blend twice.
- To use entirely frozen fruit with a thinner consistency, use 1 cup of almond milk instead for your blueberry smoothie recipe.
📖 Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Apple Banana Smoothie
- Orange Pear Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Dole Whip Disney Recipe
🔵 Fresh Blueberry Recipes
If you love this blueberry smoothie recipe, you will also enjoy:
- Blueberry Buckle (it’s like a blueberry coffee cake!)
- Blueberry Sangria Cocktail
- Spider-Man Web Berries Dessert
Save the Video Pin
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- Add rolled oats to almond milk and let soaked for 2 minutes until soften.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend. Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
- For this particular smoothie, I include old fashioned rolled oats for added protein and healthy carbs. This will also keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- I make smoothies with almond milk, but any type of nut milk, coconut milk, or regular dairy milk will work just as well.
- Fresh blueberries are great for the best fruit smoothie, but you can make this even when blueberry season is over by using frozen blueberries.
- If you want a thicker consistency for a smoothie bowl recipe, use frozen banana and frozen blueberries. You’ll need a high power blender for this.
- If you’re using all frozen fruit, but want a thinner, drinkable smoothie, use 1 cup of liquid instead of the ½ cup this recipe calls for.