This four-ingredient Healthy Blueberry Smoothie is loaded with antioxidants! It’s a great way to start the day, especially when you’re short on time. It takes just a few minutes of preparation for a quick and nutritious breakfast.
Blueberry season is here and it’s time to take advantage of these delicious and healthy fruits in our daily meal. There are so many different ways to snack on blueberries! We even have a dedicated post you can check out here > Blueberries: How To Eat More And Why You Need To. This healthy blueberry smoothie is one of the quickest ways to get a healthy dose of blueberries. And quick is always a plus, right?
How to Make a Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
- Add rolled oats to almond milk and let soaked for 2 minutes until softened
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend
- Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
Start with a base of ripe banana for a creamy smoothie and also for sweetness without added sugar. This simple smoothie recipe calls for just four ingredients, including a whole cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, a handful of old fashioned rolled oats, and almond milk.
Allow the rolled oats to soak in the almond milk for a few minutes to soften. This will ensure it can be blended easily.
Additional Tips for Making a Healthy Blueberry Smoothie
- For this particular smoothie, I included old fashioned rolled oats for added protein and healthy carbs. This will also keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- I used almond milk as it is what we typically drink at home, but any type of nut milk, or coconut milk, or regular dairy milk will work as well.
- Fresh blueberries are great for this fresh fruit smoothie, but you can still make this even when blueberry season is over by using frozen blueberries.
- If you want a thicker consistency to make a smoothie bowl, use frozen banana and frozen blueberries. You’ll need a high power blender for this.
- If you’re using all frozen fruit, but want a thinner, drinkable smoothie, use 1 cup of liquid instead of 1/2 cup called for in the recipe.
This simple and Healthy Blueberry Smoothie is a quick and easy blueberry recipe that takes just as much time to make as a cup of coffee. Even if you’re rushing out the door in the morning, you can still prepare a healthy breakfast to take on the go with you.
More Healthy Smoothie Ideas
- Orange Pear Smoothie Bowl
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Strawberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Banana Smoothie
**** PIN this Healthy Blueberry Smoothie to save for later ****
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Add rolled oats to almond milk and let soaked for 2 minutes until soften.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend.
Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
We recommend Wish Farms fresh blueberries
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.