Our Fruity Coconut Rum Cocktail is ready in just 5 minutes using only 4 ingredients! Every sip is a taste of coconut rum, pineapple, and mango, blended together into one perfect tropical cocktail topped with toasted coconut. 🥥 One of the best cocktail recipes ever!
I love frozen drink recipes, especially fruity drinks! Anything from a strawberry cocktail, like my Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, to a champagne cocktail with orange sherbet, like my Fruity “MOMosa”, makes me smile.
It’s easy for me to say that this coconut rum cocktail is one of the best tropical drinks out there. The flavor of this rum fruit drink is unbelievable. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and mixes tropical flavors like coconut, pineapple, and mango.
Take it from me: summer drinks with rum don’t get any better than this! Plus, this recipe makes a pitcher-full, so it’s perfect for sharing. Enjoy! 🍍
🍽 What do I need to make coconut rum cocktails?
For frozen mixed drinks like this one, you will need a blender. If I’m making just enough for me, I’ll use a handheld blender for an individual serving or two.
But, this recipe makes enough for about 7 glasses, so you’ll need a full-size blender unless you size it down.
🥥 Coconut Rum Cocktail Ingredients
- Chopped and frozen pineapple
- Chopped mango
- Coconut rum
- Full fat coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- Optional: Toasted coconut flakes
For this recipe, you will need frozen pineapple and mango. You can use frozen for both, since we’re blending in batches, or use fresh mango if you prefer.
Both the mango and the pineapple will need to be chopped. I will give you instructions on how to cut a mango so you can chop it at home if you like. Or, you can use frozen mango that has already been sliced (my personal choice!).
As for the pineapple, since you need frozen pineapple, look for already chopped and frozen pineapple in the frozen section of your grocery store.
If you want to toast your own coconut flakes, check out my guide on How to Toast Coconut in our recipe for Guava Coconut Cookies! (These cookies pair deliciously with this drink, by the way!)
🥤 How to Make a Rum Frozen Drink
- Pour rum and coconut milk into the blender. Add the mango. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add pineapple in 3 or 4 batches, blending between batches, until it fully blends together.
- Pour into glasses. Top with toasted coconut flakes, and enjoy!
For full measurements and instructions, plus helpful tips, scroll down to the recipe card below!
🥂 Serving Size
This tropical coconut rum cocktail recipe makes enough servings for 7 glasses equal to about 1 1/4 cups. It’s perfect for a party, especially a BBQ!
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
Adding the mango and blending before adding the pineapple will give your blender a head start so it won’t jam up when you add the pineapple.
The same thing goes for blending the pineapple in batches. You’ll get a much smoother cocktail this way!
🥭 How to Cut a Mango
If you’re using fresh mango to make this fruit cocktail drink, you may need to cut it yourself.
You can buy pre-sliced mango, but they’re not so difficult to cut yourself once you learn how. Then you can use it for this coconut rum cocktail, or for recipes like our Peach Mango Salsa!
- Stand the mango up while holding it firmly with one hand. Use your other hand to cut the mango in half, working around the pit at the center.
- Repeat on the opposite side of the mango, cutting around the pit. You will wind up with three pieces: two mango halves, and the pit at the center, which you can discard.
- Cut slices in each half of the mango. You can then use a spoon to spoon the mango out of its skin, like you would when slicing avocado.
❓ Can I make this a non-alcoholic cocktail?
Yes! If you want to take the alcohol out of this coconut rum cocktail recipe, that’s easy to do.
Replace the rum in the recipe with pineapple juice, orange juice, or a blend of the two. White grape juice mixed with these juices works well for achieving a similar flavor as well.
If you like, you can mix in just a little bit of non-alcoholic vanilla extract for flavoring. Don’t use too much! I would recommend not using more than half a teaspoon.
🍹 What to Serve with a Tropical Drink with Rum
Here are some ideas of what to serve this frozen cocktail recipe with:
- Grilled Crab Legs with Garlic Butter
- Shrimp Foil Pack
- Grilled Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- Portuguese Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
And don’t forget the Guava Coconut Cookies!
🍾 Easy Drink Recipes
If you love frozen mixed drinks as much as I do, you will love these other frozen cocktail recipes. They are just as delicious as this coconut rum cocktail!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this coconut rum cocktail recipe? I would love to know what you think! Leave a comment and a rating below to let me know.
Frozen Tropical Fruit Rum Cocktail
- 1 pineapple chopped and frozen
- 2 cups mango chopped
- 2 cups coconut rum
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk full fat (not cream of coconut)
- ¼ cup coconut toasted flakes – optional
- Pour rum and coconut milk into the blender and toss in the mango. Blend until completely smooth. This gives your machine a head start when you add the frozen pineapple so it doesn’t jam up.
- Add pineapple in 3 or 4 batches, until it is completely incorporated.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top with toasted coconut flakes and enjoy!