Delicious mushroom spinach pasta takes under an hour to make and is pure comfort food! Enjoy this easy mushroom recipe with your favorite type of pasta.
Ingredients for Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
Spinach and mushroom pasta is made with just a few simple ingredients, easy to find in local stores:
- Mixed mushrooms of choice; white button or cremini are perfect for this dish, but you can try with other kinds, too
- Olive oil
- Pasta; farfalle, shells, penne, or fusilli are good choices for this mushroom pasta recipe, but you can also use egg pasta like tagliatelle or pappardelle
- Grated parmesan
- Cream; it’s optional, but if you want a creamy mushroom pasta sauce and more velvety taste, it’s necessary. Skipping it, however, will not make this dish less delicious.
How to make Mushroom Spinach Pasta
Preparing spinach mushroom pasta is really easy and doesn’t take much effort. You need to follow just a few simple steps:
- Sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil
- Add the chopped spinach and mushrooms and stir
- Cook the vegetables in the pan until tender
- Add cream (optional)
- Add butter: mandatory and very important!
- Add parsley, salt, and pepper, and remove the vegetables from the heat
- Combine cooked vegetables with the boiled pasta
- Serve with some grated parmesan cheese
What to serve with Mushroom Pasta
This delicious Italian dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. The best thing you can serve with it is a chilled white wine; for example, Pinot Grigio. It will surely make you feel like you are enjoying dinner in an authentic Italian restaurant!
Serve this mushroom pasta recipe alongside bread, such as our Sprouted Bread Recipe, Gluten Free Rolls, or Gluten Free Biscuits, or a simple salad like our Fresh Vegetable Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing.
Recipe Tips for Spinach Mushroom Pasta
This is a very easy dish that almost everyone can make. However, there are several tips you should follow for the best possible result:
- Don’t overcook the vegetables: you need to cook them between 5-10 minutes until they are tender and the majority of the liquid is evaporated.
- Don’t overcook the pasta! For a real Italian experience, the pasta should be firm and chewy, not overcooked. Boil according to the package instructions, but try the pasta 2-3 minutes before the time is over. Remember, the pasta will be cooking 2-3 minutes after the water is drained, so it is better to remove it from the pan before it is perfectly cooked.
- Butter is a must: don’t skip it, as it contributes greatly to the fantastic taste of this dish!
And as we are on the topic of pasta, you might want to check out some more easy pasta recipes we think you’ll love:
- Rasta Pasta Recipe for Two
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Orzo Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Shells
- Sausage and Kale Pasta Dinner for Two
Let us know about your experience making mushroom spinach pasta. We would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Love pasta? Get even more Comfort Food Pasta Recipes like this one!
For more mushroom recipes, try…
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Chicken Breast and Mushroom Recipe
- Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Baked Portobello Mushrooms
- Mushroom Swiss Burger
Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- 2 medium shallots finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms by choice sliced (240 g)
- 2 tbs olive oil extra virgin (30 ml)
- 2 tbs butter (30 g)
- 1/2 cup cream (120 ml) - optional
- chopped parsley to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10.5 oz pasta by choice (300 g)
- In a large skillet or frying pan sauté shallots and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add spinach and mushrooms and mix continuously until their volume decreases. Optionally add the cream. Lower the heat and cook until tender, between 5 and 10 minutes (cover with a lid for few minutes if the liquid evaporates quickly). At the end add butter and stir until dissolved. Add salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and remove the pan from the stove.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot, according to the package directions. Drain it in a colander and then put it back in the pot.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the pasta and mix well. Serve immediately with some parmesan cheese on top.
- White button or cremini mushrooms are a perfect choice for this dish but you can try with other kinds too.
- You can use almost any kind of pasta but we recommend the following: farfalle, shells, penne, fusilli, orecchiette, fettuccine, tagliatelle, pappardelle.