Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Make the juiciest, most delicious holiday dinner right in your Instant Pot! Our Instant Pot Ham Recipe with Brown Sugar Glaze is so flavorful and takes just 15 minutes to cook.
The key to this deliciously juicy instant pot ham is that it is reverse-seared in butter for a sticky, crispy skin and is so delectably moist!
You’ll never eat dried-out ham again if you make it our way – it’s one of the best Instant Pot recipes ever!
- Can you heat up Ham in a Pressure Cooker?
- What Kind of Glaze to Use on Ham
- Why reverse sear ham?
- ⏱ How long is leftover ham good?
- ❄ Can you freeze ham?
- ⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- Do you use pre-cooked ham?
- Can you use spiral cut ham?
- Should I thaw frozen ham before cooking it?
- Instant Pot Ham Cook Time
- Leftover Ham Recipes
- 🥗 What to Serve with Ham
- Reader Reviews:
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Can you heat up Ham in a Pressure Cooker?
When I realized you can ham in the pressure cooker, I knew I had to give it a try. And oh, boy… wow! It is even easier than I expected, and it turns out so juicy and tasty.
My favorite part about making it in the Instant Pot is that it takes less time than cooking it in the oven, and it saves you room, too! When I’m cooking for the holidays, I like to have as much room as possible for my side dishes in the oven, so the pressure cooker is a great solution.
What Kind of Glaze to Use on Ham
For this dish, I use my go-to maple brown sugar glaze. It gives the meat so much flavor and an irresistibly sticky, crispy skin!
A brown sugar glaze adds to the sweetness, while a little bit of orange juice gives it a tangy bite. Green onions tie it all off with a perfect little kick! It is SO flavorful!
You can try other glazes, too. I love the flavors of honey sriracha glaze in my Air Fryer Ham recipe
Why reverse sear ham?
The reverse sear is what sets this recipe apart from other Instant Pot ham recipes and takes it to the next level. By adding a sear at the end of the cooking time, you’re giving it a crispy, browned skin that adds so much flavor to every bite.
Just like our Reverse Sear Instant Pot Prime Rib, searing is a must!
⏱ How long is leftover ham good?
Leftovers will last 3 to 5 days in your refrigerator and are perfect for making new recipes with!
❄ Can you freeze ham?
Yes! It lasts up to 2 months in the freezer.
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- Be careful when lifting it out of the pot. I use two large serving forks to lift it out from both ends.
- You can also use a foil sling by folding a long piece of aluminum foil and placing it under the trivet.
- Pour the orange juice at the bottom of the instant pot. It provides amazing flavor and your house will smell so good!
After cooking, add more glaze between each slice to maximize the flavor in every bite. And, your leftovers will taste incredible!
Do you use pre-cooked ham?
Yes. We use a pre-cooked boneless ham for this recipe. You can use bone-in if you prefer. Just make sure it is not too large.
Can you use spiral cut ham?
Yes! You can use spiral cut, just make sure it’s the right size to fit in your Instant Pot. We use a 5 lb. ham for a 6 qt. Instant Pot.
Should I thaw frozen ham before cooking it?
Yes. Thaw it at least a day in the refrigerator first, before cooking it in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Ham Cook Time
Cook for approximately 2 minutes per pound.
- 2 lb.: 4 minutes on high pressure
- 3 lb.: 6 minutes on high pressure
- 4 lb.: 8 minutes on high pressure
- 5 lb.: 10 minutes on high pressure
Leftover Ham Recipes
There are so many amazing sliced ham recipes you can make using the leftovers from this dish! Try these…
🥗 What to Serve with Ham
Take it from our readers! Here’s what they’re saying:
Super easy recipe. Will definitely be making this again!Courtney
We did this ham for Easter. We were literally fighting over who got the last piece. It was to die for!Joline
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Check out our Instant Pot Ham Web Story!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Ham Recipe with Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
- 5 lb. ham pre-cooked
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ stick butter
- Combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3 sliced green onions to a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add trivet to the bottom of your 6 qt.+ Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup of orange juice. Place a 5 pound ham on top of the trivet, and cover with ½ of the glaze mixture. Lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When 10 minutes is up, carefully release the pressure (use an oven mitt or dish cloth). Carefully lift out of the pot and set aside on a plate. Drain the liquid from the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and melt ½ stick butter.
- Once it melts, add the ham. Sear on each side until browned all over.
- Remove to a plate and slice. On top and in between each slice, evenly cover with the remaining ½ of your glaze mixture. Enjoy!
- Serve with orange slices and arugula.
- Reserve some green onions to put on top for extra color and flavor.
- Try our Honey Sriracha Air Fryer Ham next!