This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you’re looking to transform that delicious leftover ham from your last gathering into another culinary masterpiece, you’re in for a treat. Leftover ham is a versatile ingredient that can add rich flavor and depth to a variety of dishes. Whether you’re craving comforting classics or innovative creations, these leftover ham recipes will not only help you minimize food waste but also maximize your dining experience. From hearty soups and savory casseroles to mouthwatering sandwiches, discover a world of possibilities that will have you savoring every last bite of your leftover ham.
Recipes for Leftover Ham
Recipes with Leftover Ham Tips
- I like cutting my leftover ham into chunks of ham. It makes it so much easier when ready to use in recipes. You can keep them in the freezer and use them as needed.
- Ham Casseroles are my absolute favorite way to use ham. My family loves my Leftover Ham Casserole!
Ham is one of my favorite recipes to serve my family for Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving, but there are always leftovers! It is so fun to come up with ideas for recipes that use leftover ham, and over the years, I’ve discovered how versatile it is as an ingredient.
These are my favorite recipes using leftover ham, from super easy ham and cheese sliders to my favorite pink pasta recipe with ham mixed in. I guarantee you will find a new favorite leftover ham recipe to serve your family on this list!
If you’re planning on making a ham dinner and deciding on what to serve using the leftovers ahead of time, try one of my easy ham recipes:
- Air Fryer Ham
- Instant Pot Ham
- Smoked Ham Recipe
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Pineapple Ham
- Check out my favorite Ham Glaze Recipe
Ham Leftover Recipes FAQs
Store any leftover ham in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When ready to use, slice thinly or dice into bite-size pieces to use according to the ham leftovers recipe you are making.
Leftover ham makes a great addition to recipes you already enjoy making. Use leftover ham to make recipes such as ham hash, ham pot pie,ham breakfast casseroles, ham soup, pasta with ham, ham sandwiches, and more.
You can freeze ham for up to 6 months.
What to Serve with Leftover Ham Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn is a great pairing with ham recipes
- Creamed Corn Casserole is always delicious with ham
- Green Bean Casserole is a tasty pairing with ham leftovers recipes
- Yorkshire Puddings are so yummy when paired with ham
- Irish Mashed Potatoes are a classic pairing with leftover ham recipes
Leftover Ham Recipes – Ham and Cheese Sliders
- or Oven
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- In a bowl, combine ½ cup garlic butter with 3 tablespoons honey. Mix well. Slice a 12 pack of Hawaiian rolls in half. Do not throw out the cardboard container! You will use it to bake the sliders. Spread the honey garlic butter mixture on the inside of the rolls. I use a basting brush to evenly brush it across.
- Top both sides of the rolls with 8-10 slices of cheese.
- Then, top one side with 4-6 slices of leftover ham (or about 12 slices of deli ham).
- Place the top layer of rolls back over the bottom layer, then evenly brush more of the honey garlic butter mixture over the top.
- Season the top of the rolls with salt and pepper to taste. Add the completed rolls back to the cardboard tray they came in. Pack it tightly against the rolls. Cover the cardboard tray with foil.
- Air fryer instructions: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.Oven instructions: Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove foil, cut, serve, and enjoy!
- The best part about making Hawaiian roll slider recipes is that you can use the cardboard tray they come in as a baking tray. This saves you from having to clean a baking dish!
- Because this recipe uses sliced leftover ham, I recommend cutting these little sandwiches before serving them rather than pulling them apart.