Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
I know my easy Honey Glazed Ham recipe will be your new favorite holiday ham! It is so easy and turns out so moist and flavorful!
Best Honey Glazed Ham
I have tried making ham so many ways and always come back to this recipe. The combination of brown sugar, ham, and green onions is truly the secret to the perfect ham recipe.
This recipe is similar to the very expensive Honey Baked Ham recipe only so much less expensive. Once you try it, you will want to make this holiday ham recipe every year. It’s so easy!
Each slice is brushed with our honey ham glaze recipe, making every bite so moist and flavorful. The glaze is what sets this recipe apart and makes it the best you will ever taste!
Ham Glaze Recipe Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
How to Make Honey Glaze for Ham
- Melt butter for glaze in 30 second intervals in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop until fully melted.
- Add all glaze ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and thoroughly mix until fully combined.
How to Cook a Ham in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place ham cut-side down on a roasting pan and tent with foil
- Bake for 1 hour
- Prepare your glaze while it bakes
- Carefully remove roasting pan from oven after baking an hour. Leave the oven on. Remove foil.
- Brush the ham with honey brown sugar glaze.
- Separate slices and brush the inside of each slice with honey ham glaze.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. This will keep it moist and allows you to baste if necessary.
- Return roasting pan back to oven. Do not cover it.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
How to Glaze a Ham
The trick to glazing is to spread the honey glaze on the inside AND outside!
By glazing the outside and the inside of each slice, you’re guaranteed a moist honey glazed ham recipe with so much flavor in every bite.
Separate the slices, and brush more glaze on both sides of each slice. Then, bake again.
Tips for the Perfect Baked Ham
- I like to use a bone-in spiral cut ham. It is perfect for a holiday buffet as it is easy to peel off a slice of ham.
- I prefer dark brown sugar and a local honey for the glaze. It is up to you, you can use your favorite honey variety.
- You can substitue maple syrup for honey.
- Always prepare the glaze just before you use it. The glaze will harden if prepared ahead of time.
- If your glaze thickens, you can always microwave it for about 30 seconds to soften it.
- The chicken broth under the rack of ham will help keep the ham moist.
- Brushing the outside of the ham and in between each slice is the key to the most delicious recipe.
The best way to keep it moist is to heat it under foil. Place cut-side down on the rack, then loosely cover with aluminum foil on a roasting pan.
We use bone-in, spiral-sliced, and fully cooked ham. You can use our glaze to prepare a boneless ham, too. This recipe is very adaptable to any type of ham you prefer. The secret is in the amazing ham glaze.
How Much Ham Per Person
For a bone-in, ¾ lbs. per person.
- Serving 4-6 people: buy 3-5 lbs.
- Serving 10-12 people: buy 8-10 lbs.
- Serving 15-20 people: buy 12-15 lbs.
For a boneless, ½ lbs. per person.
- Serving 4-6 people: buy 2-3 lbs.
- Serving 10-12 people: buy 5-6 lbs.
- Serving 15-20 people: buy 8-10 lbs.
Easy Ham Recipes
- Instant Pot Ham Recipe: This quick and easy recipe will blow you away with its big flavor! It is one of the easiest ways to cook ham and comes out so moist and delicious.
- Air Fryer Ham Recipe: Our easy air fryer recipe has a honey sriracha glaze that is out-of-this-world yummy. And oh, that crispy skin!
- Smoked Ham Recipe
Leftover Ham Recipes
Sides for Ham
Don’t miss out on my favorite Side Dishes for Ham!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
The Best Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
- Roasting pan
- 10 lb. Bone-in spiral sliced ham fully cooked
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper
For Baking Ham
- 1 cup chicken broth for basting; see notes
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham cut-side down on a roasting pan and tent with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Prepare your glaze while it bakes.
- Melt butter for glaze in 30 second intervals in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop until fully melted. Add all glaze ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and thoroughly mix until fully combined.
- Carefully remove roasting pan from oven after baking an hour. Leave the oven on. Remove foil. Brush the outside of the ham with honey brown sugar glaze.
- Separate slices and brush the inside of each slice with the honey ham glaze.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. This will keep it moist and allows you to baste if necessary.Return roasting pan back to oven. Do not cover it. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
- The chicken broth: Adding chicken broth to the pan while baking after glazing keeps the ham moist and allows you to baste as needed.
- Add more glaze for flavor: After baking, you can add another coat of glaze for extra flavor. Yum!
- Important note about nutrition: Please note, the nutrition values are for the glaze and do not include nutrition for the ham. Please check the nutrition values on the packaging if needed!