This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Frosé Recipe, complete with frozen rosé, strawberries, and honey, is crisp, fruity, and so refreshing! With just 3 ingredients and 3 steps, this make-ahead frozen strawberry cocktail couldn’t be any easier.
Frosé is one of the best summer drinks you can make at home. Using frozen fruit, like frozen fresh strawberry or watermelon, and rosé wine, it makes a perfect wine cocktail recipe for any summer get-together!
What is a Frosé?
In the past few years, as rosé was making a comeback, someone thought to freeze wine. A frosé is essentially a wine slushie, perfect for serving during warmer months to put a twist on the popular rosé cocktail.
The term ‘frosé’ (pronounced FRO-zay) comes from the combination of the words ‘frozen’ and ‘rosé’.
- Bottle Rosé wine, frozen
- Strawberries, frozen or your favorite frozen fruit
- Honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, simple syrup, or sweetener of choice
How to Make Frosé
- Add frozen rosé, frozen strawberries, and honey to a blender.
- Pulse until everything is combined.
- Garnish with additional strawberries. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for no longer than 15 minutes.
How do you freeze rosé?
- Pour a bottle of your favorite rosé wine into a large plastic container or baking dish and place it in the freezer until frozen (about 8 hours). Make sure there is at least ½ inch of space at the top – liquid expands.
- Scoop the frozen rose out of the plastic storage container and into the blender when ready to use. The taste is so refreshing!
Frose Mocktail (No-Alcohol)
You can use non-alcoholic rosé wine to make non-alcoholic frose. Common brands of non-alcoholic rosé, such as Welch’s, are available at most grocery stores.
Frozen Rosé Wine Slushie Tips
- Try adding other flavors, like frozen watermelon or frozen peaches.
- Use local-flavored honey for a flavor boost! I love using lemon juice or lavender honey for this recipe.
- You can use any of these sweeteners in place of honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, or simple syrup.
- If you want a thicker more frozen cocktail, you can add ice cubes.
Frosé Recipe FAQ
To make frosé ahead of time, blend and place the mixture back in Tupperware. Freeze again until ready to enjoy. Just make sure to leave ½ inch of space at the top. Blend again before serving.
Rosé takes about 6-8 hours to fully freeze. Make sure to leave space at the top of the container you freeze it in – liquid expands, and if you don’t leave space, it may break open the container.
Best Strawberry Recipes
- 750 ml rose (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Place rose wine in a container and freeze for no less than 6 hours. Make sure to leave ½ inch of space at the top of the container.750 ml rose
- Add frozen wine, frozen fruit, and honey to the blender.2 cups frozen strawberries, 2 Tablespoons honey, 750 ml rose
- Pulse until combined.
- Serve immediately.
- You don’t need a frosé machine to make this easy cocktail recipe. A blender works just fine!
- You can try other fruits with this recipe. We recommend giving mango or peach a try!