Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Buttery, garlicky beans make a perfect side dish for everything from beef to fish – that’s these Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans! Ready in under 5 minutes and so delicious, with garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Best Instant Pot Green Bean Recipe
My family and I love green beans as a side dish for just about any meal. I make them as often as I can with dishes like Easy Lemon Butter Chicken or Steak Diane. You just can’t go wrong with fresh green bean recipes!
Making Instant Pot green beans is my new favorite way to get this side dish on the table, fast. They take less than 5 minutes to make, and that Garlic Butter Sauce is no joke! It adds so much flavor!
If I’m making dinner and I’m stuck on what to make for a side dish… here’s my answer! This is one of the most unique green bean recipes out there and it’s so easy to make. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
This is the easiest and most delicious green bean recipe I have ever made!Alex on Pinterest
Instant Pot Green Beans Recipe FAQs
Here’s the amazing part: you pressure cook green beans for 0 minutes. Cook the green beans on high pressure for 0 minutes and then saute for just a few extra minutes in the pot.
You do not need a steamer basket to cook our garlicky beans. Place the beans directly in the water and cook them that way. When they’re done, you drain the water and place the beans back in the pot with butter and garlic. No need for a steamer basket.
The secret to this easy green bean recipe is my Garlic Butter Sauce. Topping the green beans with garlic herb butter adds so much flavor to them. We finish it off with Parmesan and some seasoning. Another great choice for adding flavor would be to use a sauce like our Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce. Lemon butter goes so well with green bean side dishes!
If you like your beans a little softer, pressure cook for 1 minute instead of 0 minutes. This will soften them up more.
Instant Pot Green Beans Ingredients
- Green beans
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Green Beans in the Instant Pot
- Add water to your Instant Pot, then green beans. Cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
- Carefully quick-release pressure and remove the lid. Drain water, then switch to saute mode. Add butter and melt, then add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in your green beans and saute with the garlic butter sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy.
- This recipe is amazing using French green beans if you can find them.
- Try pairing your Instant Pot green beans with additional flavors like lemon or special seasoning like our Garlic Parmesan Fry Seasoning.
- Lemon Butter Sauce is also amazing in this recipe.
Best Green Bean Recipes
This recipe makes a great side dish for the holidays. Pair it with my other Side Dishes for Ham, Side Dishes for Prime Rib, or Christmas Side Dishes! I also love it with Pork Chop Recipes like Pan Seared Pork Chops.
Try serving our Instant Pot green beans with our Cheesy Orzo Risotto Recipe! Orzotto is a perfect pair for these beans!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try our garlic butter green beans? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Add 1 cup water to your Instant Pot, then 1 lb. green beans. Cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
- Carefully quick release pressure and remove the lid. Drain water, then switch to saute mode. Add 4 Tbsp. butter and melt, then add 1 Tbsp. minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in your green beans and saute with the garlic butter sauce. Top with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy.