Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Buttery, garlicky beans make a perfect side dish for everything from beef to fish – that’s these Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans! Ready in under 5 minutes and so delicious, with garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Best Green Bean Recipe
- How long do you steam green beans in the Instant Pot?
- How do you steam green beans in an Instant Pot without a steamer basket?
- How do you make green beans taste better?
- How do you make soft green beans?
- ⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- 🥗 Fresh Green Bean Recipes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
Best Green Bean Recipe
My family and I love green beans as a side dish for just about any meal. I make them as often as I can with dishes like Easy Lemon Butter Chicken or Steak Diane. You just can’t go wrong with fresh green bean recipes!
Making Instant Pot green beans is my new favorite way to get this side dish on the table, fast. They take less than 5 minutes to make, and that Garlic Butter Sauce is no joke! It adds so much flavor!
If I’m making dinner and I’m stuck on what to make for a side dish… here’s my answer! This is one of the most unique green bean recipes out there and it’s so easy to make. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
How long do you steam green beans in the Instant Pot?
So, how long do you pressure cook green beans? Here’s the amazing part: 0 minutes. Cook the green beans on high pressure for 0 minutes and then saute for just a few extra minutes in the pot, and voila! They’re done!
How do you steam green beans in an Instant Pot without a steamer basket?
We don’t use a steamer basket to cook our garlicky beans. Place the beans directly in the water and cook them that way. When they’re done, you drain the water and place the beans back in the pot with butter and garlic. No need for a steamer basket.
How do you make green beans taste better?
The secret to this easy green bean recipe is our Garlic Butter Sauce. Topping the green beans with garlic herb butter adds so much flavor to them. We finish it off with Parmesan and some seasoning.
Another great choice for adding flavor would be to use a sauce like our Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce. Lemon butter goes so well with green bean side dishes!
How do you make soft green beans?
If you like your beans a little softer, pressure cook for 1 minute instead of 0 minutes. This will soften them up more.
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
Try pairing your Instant Pot green beans with additional flavors like lemon or special seasoning like our Garlic Parmesan Fry Seasoning.
🥗 Fresh Green Bean Recipes
- Fresh Green Bean Casserole
- Best Fresh Green Bean Almondine
- French Onion Green Beans
- Asian Beef Stir Fry Recipe with Green Beans
Try serving our Instant Pot green beans with our Cheesy Orzo Risotto Recipe! Orzotto is a perfect pair for these beans!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try our garlic butter green beans? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Garlic Butter Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup water to your Instant Pot, then 1 lb. green beans. Cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
- Carefully quick release pressure and remove the lid. Drain water, then switch to saute mode. Add 4 Tbsp. butter and melt, then add 1 Tbsp. minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in your green beans and saute with the garlic butter sauce. Top with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy.