We can’t get enough of our Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe. It is the key to taking all your recipes from good to amazing!
Make this EASY Garlic Butter Sauce with just 3 ingredients and one bowl! Garlic herb butter is the perfect complement to bread, vegetables, meats, pizza, and seafood.
You will want to dip everything in our flavored garlic butter sauce! It’s that good!
Butter is So Good on Everything
Garlicky, herby butter. Does it really get any better than a good homemade garlic butter? You will want to add garlic herb butter to EVERYTHING.
This recipe is so simple but adds a special touch to any meal, no matter what protein you’re cooking. It’s even perfect if you’re just making garlic butter for bread.
Steak Butter Sauce
Our all-time favorite steak recipe is this delicious juicy garlic butter steak bites. It is so quick and easy to prepare and packed with flavor!
Garlic Butter Turkey
This garlic butter recipe is even fabulous slathered on turkey for the Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe ever. Compound butter for turkey is an absolute must-try. You won’t believe how crispy the skin gets and how much flavor it adds!
Butter Garlic Sauce for Pasta
Do you want to know our secret to the easiest and best-tasting pasta? You know it, it’s this butter sauce for pasta recipe!
We love using our garlic butter sauce for pasta. Add it to your favorite pasta like angel hair, ziti or linguine and it will feel like a gourmet meal!
Garlic Butter Sauce for Pizza
When melted, garlic sauce dip is the perfect pairing with your favorite pizza. This is one of our favorite ways to enjoy this garlic spread.
One of our favorite easy appetizers to serve is our pizza twists with garlic dip.
Garlic Butter Sauce for Seafood
You can even melt butter garlic sauce with herbs over seafood for an incredible garlic butter sauce recipe. Garlic butter for shrimp is our favorite! Try it with a Shrimp Foil Pack, and we guarantee you will want to make homemade garlic butter all of the time.
Garlic Butter Sauce for Shrimp
One of our absolute quick and easy meals that are packed with flavor is our easy Shrimp Scampi Linguine. It all starts with a great creamy butter garlic sauce. This dish is a winner time and time again!
Garlic Butter Sauce for Crab Legs
Oh, and DEFINITELY try dipping garlic butter sauce to your Steamed Crab Legs. You will not even believe how delicious this combination is! The first time we tried this garlic butter recipe with steamed crab legs, we were totally blown away by the flavor!
Garlic Butter Burger
Try our air fryer burger with garlic butter spread for an easy to make treat the whole family is going to love!
Air Fryer Surf & Turf with Garlic Butter Sauce
If you have yet to try our air fried steak and fried lobster tails, this is a MUST try recipe with our garlic butter sauce. It is simply delicious and takes less than 30 minutes to prep and cook! It is even better with air fryer asparagus fries.
Butter Garlic Mushrooms
Have we mentioned our garlic butter mushrooms yet? There are no words to describe how amazing they are and only 10 minutes to make!
By themselves as a side dish or over pasta, this easy dish will be part of your Sunday Dinner rotation.
Ingredients for Homemade Garlic Butter
The best part about making homemade butter with garlic is that it contains just 3 simple ingredients.
- Butter: We use salted butter in this recipe but if you prefer, you can use unsalted butter and add salt to taste.
- Garlic: The garlic gives the butter it’s amazing flavor! Chop it up finely by hand or put it in a garlic press.
- Herbs: This recipe uses parsley, which complements so many foods, but feel free to experiment with additional herbs of your choosing!
Try mixing your butter garlic recipe up by using your favorite herbs! For example, you could try adding a little thyme for steak butter.
How to Make Garlic Butter Sauce
Making flavored butter takes only a few minutes! Here’s all you have to do:
- Start with the butter. Make sure it’s at room temperature before you get started so you can mix everything together easily. Then, add it to a bowl.
- Chop or press the garlic and finely chop the parsley. Add both to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined. That’s it! Perfectly flavored homemade garlic butter!
- If you are using the recipe as a Butter spread, it will be ready to use. If you are using it as a Garlic Butter Sauce, add to a saucepan and heat on low for 3 minutes or until melted.
How to Make Garlic Butter for Bread
This is the best garlic butter spread! The secret to great a garlic bread recipe is to keep it simple and use this easy garlic spread recipe.
- Use the recipe for garlic butter but do not melt the garlic butter.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Spread on your favorite bread (baguette or french bread works great) at room temperature.
- Optional – for cheesy garlic bread, sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella or parmesan cheese on top.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake until bread is toasted and lightly brown, approximately 5 minutes.
How to Make Garlic Butter for Pasta
This recipe for garlic pasta sauce is the easiest meal you will ever make and we bet your family will love it!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt
- Add your favorite pasta and cook, stirring often, until pasta is almost done.
- Drain the pasta but make sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of our Garlic Butter Recipe and let it melt
- Be careful not to overheat and burn the butter.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss the garlic butter sauce pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water.
- If desired top with parmesan, parsley, and additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
You can even save the video!
Can you freeze butter?
Yes, you can freeze garlic butter spread. Just as if you were storing it in the refrigerator, add it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer.
We recommend freezing for no more than 2 months but can guarantee you will enjoy it all before then. You can take it straight out of the freezer and toss it in with whatever meal you’re making for quick & easy flavor!
If you’re taking garlic butter spread out of the freezer for bread, we recommend microwaving it on the lowest power setting for 15 seconds.
How long does garlic butter last?
Store your garlic herb butter in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of weeks or even freeze it to bring out as needed.
Garlic butter will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and about 2 to 3 months in the freezer. That is if you don’t enjoy it all before then!
What to Make with Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce
We use garlic butter for our best Thanksgiving turkey recipe and it adds so much flavor to the meat. Garlic butter for bread is also delicious, and it works for vegetables too, especially baked or mashed potatoes (try it with our Foil Pack Potatoes!).
Our garlic butter recipe is going to change the way you cook! You can elevate almost any dish such as:
Another one of our favorites is garlic herb butter with Green Bean Almondine. Yum!
We know you’re going to love our easy garlic butter recipe! Share how you plan to serve it in the comments below! We love to hear from you.
More Recipes to Try with Garlic Butter with Herbs
Garlic Butter Recipe🖨 Print 📌 Pin 📝 Comment
- 2 sticks butter, salted ((at room temperature))
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
- 1/8 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well-combined.
Photo Credit: Kristen King
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.