Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Lemon Butter Chicken recipe is an instant family favorite! Homemade lemon butter sauce is creamy and rich – perfect for pairing with crispy chicken tenders. This dish is beyond flavorful and so easy to make in under 30 minutes using few simple ingredients!
Best Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
My family is obsessed with this lemon butter chicken recipe. After making it one time, they ask me for it all of the time! Everything about this garlic butter chicken stands out. It’s flavorful, uses just a few simple ingredients, and it cooks up so quickly.
This recipe has been such a hit with my family, I would recommend it to anyone. Try it, and I know you’ll love it! Paired with my creamy lemon butter sauce, this is one chicken dinner your family will ask you for again and again.
What makes this recipe so delicious is the lemon sauce for chicken I use. It’s so creamy and buttery! I like to top the dish off with parsley and Parmesan cheese, too. You can leave them out, but I recommend giving it a try with both. I think it makes the best lemon chicken recipe!
How to Remove Chicken Tendons
Chicken tenderloins have a tough white tendon that can easily be removed! You don’t need to remove the entire tendon; in fact, doing this can make the tenderloin fall apart. You just need to remove the tough tab at the end.
- Lay out your chicken tenderloins and hold steady with one hand.
- Cut the white tendon away from the tenderloin using a sharp knife.
Don’t skip this step! Removing the tendon from your tenderloins makes them much more enjoyable to eat.
You can also make creamy lemon butter chicken breast or thighs if you don’t want to use tenderloins, but this is one of the most easy chicken tenderloin recipes!
Cooked Chicken Temperature
The proper internal temperature for cooked chicken tenders according to the USDA is 165°F.
Depending on the thinness or thickness of your tenders, they take 7-10 minutes to cook, flipping part of the way through.
As a general rule, cook your keto lemon chicken on one side until the edges become white and opaque, and the tenders begin to shrink. Once golden-brown, flip and cook the other side for a few more minutes. Your lemon butter chicken tenders should be done in no time!
This is a perfect keto lemon chicken recipe for a low-carb meal plan. Simply leave out the flour and pan-fry it in the seasoning only to make it more keto-friendly.
Leave out the flour and use a flour substitute or gluten-free flour to make this recipe for lemon butter chicken gluten-free. You could also leave out the flour entirely, though the lemon chicken tenders will not be as crispy if you do.
Low Sodium Instructions
You can easily make my lemon chicken tenderloins low sodium by leaving out the salt. Use unsalted butter to make the creamy lemon butter sauce, and don’t top with Parmesan cheese.
Side Dishes for Lemon Chicken
My family loves lemon garlic chicken with everything from roasted potatoes to orzo pasta. Here are a few options to choose from. Don’t forget Homemade French Bread to dip in that delicious sauce!
- Green Bean Almondine: The sweet, nutty flavor compliments this dish so well.
- Air Fryer Asparagus Fries: Totally irresistible paired with these chicken tenders!
- Garlic Roasted Small Potatoes: These seasoned roasted potatoes are perfect for serving with this butter chicken recipe.
- Lemon Butter Rice: Make our Portuguese rice and let it soak up the delicious sauce. Serve chicken over top.
Make it Lemon Pepper Chicken
If you want to make this a delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning for the salt and pepper in this recipe. It is a fun twist on this recipe and makes for an amazingly zesty chicken dish.
You can serve lemon pepper chicken with pasta – it’s one of my favorite ways to make this dish! Buttery pasta is one of the best recipes using leftover lemon pepper chicken, so if you have leftovers you want to repurpose, this is the dish to do it with.
Use linguine cooked according to the package instructions. I like to add peas to my dish – you can even add them in frozen with the chicken and let them thaw in the hot sauce. Slice the chicken tenders and serve with the pasta and sauce, mixed together.
Our readers LOVE Lemon Butter Chicken Breast
Family Loved it! ❤️ Going to make it as part of our regulars❣️Luci on Pinterest
Try our Sous Vide Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce next!
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Buttermilk Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
For more tips on cooking the best chicken recipes, check out my Chicken Temperature Chart complete with a cooking guide!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try my lemon butter chicken recipe? Let me know in the comments below what you think, and please leave a rating! I love to hear from you.
Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce full recipe
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders remove the tendon
- parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese to taste optional
- Lay out your chicken tenderloins and hold steady with one hand. Cut the white tendon away from the tenderloin using a sharp knife.2 lbs. chicken tenders
- Pour flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a large zip-lock bag. Seal the bag and shake the seasoning well, until fully mixed.½ cup flour, 1 tsp. garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Open the bag and add your chicken tenders (make sure you’ve cut the tendon away). Seal the bag, then shake it again until all chicken tenders are fully coated.
- Remove chicken from the bag to place on a plate until ready to use. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with half of your reserved olive oil. Cook chicken tenders for about 7 to 10 minutes, flipping part of the way through so both sides are golden brown. Do this in two batches so you don’t over-crowd the pan, using your remaining oil for the second batch.4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Once your chicken is cooked, prepare your Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce. Melt butter over medium heat with minced garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, then add lemon juice. Cook another 3 minutes, then add white wine. Stir, and simmer down for 3 minutes, before adding more butter and seasoning. Finally, slowly stir in the heavy cream and mix well.Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
- Finally, add the chicken to the skillet with the lemon butter sauce. Stir it around in the pan to coat the chicken completely. Top with parsley and Parmesan (optional), serve, and enjoy!parsley for garnish, Parmesan cheese to taste
- Make sure to remove the tendon from your tenderloins! Don’t skip this step.