This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My crispy Air Fryer Bacon recipe will change the way you make bacon! It is much easier than making bacon on the stove or in the oven and takes 10 minutes. You will love how simple it is to make bacon in the air fryer! Try it once, and you may never return to cooking bacon the traditional way. Clean up is so easy!
Air Fryer Bacon
My family loves bacon. It’s not just breakfast food for us! I love adding bacon to all kinds of meals, from using it as a topping for salad and soup to serving it wrapped around steak or chicken. I even love it as breakfast for dinner.
But one thing that stops me from making bacon all of the time is how messy it can get and how long it can take to get the perfect crispy results, especially if you like making bacon in the oven like me. I’ve been making a lot of food in the air fryer lately, so one of my kids asked me… can you air fry bacon?
As it turns out, yes, you can air fry bacon, and the air fryer solves the messiness problem and how long it takes to cook! It takes just 10 minutes to make the crispiest bacon you will ever eat, and since it’s in the air fryer, the cleanup is so easy. If you love bacon as much as my family and I do, you will obsess over this easy air fryer recipe.
I will never cook bacon any other way. So crispy and just perfect.Luis on Pinterest
Bacon in the Air Fryer Ingredients
- thick-cut bacon
- olive oil spray
How to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the air fryer tray or basket with olive oil spray, then evenly layer the slices of bacon on a single layer on the tray. Try not to overlap any of the bacon.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Check the bacon for 5 minutes to see if it’s cooking evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try my Candied Bacon! It is so amazing!
How Long to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer at 400
It only takes 10 minutes to cook crispy, thick-cut bacon in the air fryer. It will be the perfect crispness.
Cooking Bacon in Air Fryer Tips
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer briefly before placing the bacon inside. This helps ensure even cooking.
- Arrange Bacon Strips Evenly: Lay the bacon strips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to ensure that each strip cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
- Smoke Point of Bacon Fat: Cooking times can vary depending on your air fryer model and the thicker bacon. Start with a shorter cooking time and check the bacon’s progress. You can always add more time if needed.
- Check for Desired Crispiness: Keep a close eye on the bacon as it cooks. When it reaches your preferred level of crispiness, remove it from the air fryer. The bacon will continue to crisp up slightly as it cools.
- Drain Excess Bacon Grease: Carefully remove the cooked bacon from the air fryer basket and place it on paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Clean the Air Fryer Basket: After cooking, clean the air fryer basket and any accessories promptly to prevent any stuck-on grease.
- Consider Bacon Slices’ Size: Smaller slices of bacon may cook faster than larger ones, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Remember that air fryer models can vary, so it’s a good idea to consult your user manual for specific instructions and recommended cooking times. You can easily make delicious and crispy bacon in your air fryer with some practice.
How to Store Air Fryer Bacon
- Cool: Allow the air-fried bacon to cool after cooking.
- Dry: Pat it dry with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Portion: Decide how you want to portion it (whole strips, pieces, or crumbled).
- Container: Use an airtight container, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil to store.
- Refrigerate: Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze (optional): For longer storage, freeze for up to 2 months.
- Label: Label the container with the date for tracking freshness.
How to Reheat Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Place cooked bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Reheat for 2-3 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Check and serve when ready.
Bacon in Air Fryer FAQs
You can make turkey bacon in the air fryer. Cook turkey bacon the same way you would regular bacon.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking your bacon.
To cook regular-cut bacon in the air fryer, fry for 7 minutes for soft bacon or 8 minutes for crispy bacon instead of 10. Thinner bacon does not work as well.
Yes, you can. This is the best way to cook crispy bacon.
I love using this bacon on my cheeseburger mini sandwiches.
Instant Air Fryer Oven: This is a perfect air fryer for large batches, with a 10-quart capacity.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Air Fryer Ham
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Meatballs
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Bacon in Air Fryer
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- olive oil spray
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the air fryer with olive oil, then place the bacon in an even layer on the tray (or basket).
- Cook for 10 minutes, checking halfway through to see if the bacon is cooking evenly. Serve and enjoy!
- You can also make turkey bacon in the air fryer. Cook turkey bacon the same way you would regular bacon!