Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Easy Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe is the creamiest pasta dish you can make with just a few simple ingredients in under 30 minutes. Our homemade alfredo sauce has a secret ingredient that makes it stand out as the creamiest sauce ever! Try it – your family will beg you to make it again.
Best Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe Ever
I love making easy pasta recipes for dinner, and by far my favorite is fettuccine alfredo. You can serve it any way you like, adding protein and vegetables, and it’s just so satisfyingly creamy and cheesy.
And when I say it’s cheesy, oh do I mean it’s cheesy! I use a secret ingredient that takes this easy alfredo sauce recipe over the top. You will want to pair this pasta with everything. My favorite is shrimp and steak fettuccine alfredo!
Give it a try and I know your family will ask you to make these fettuccine noodles again and again. Oh, it is just so delicious!
How do I make fettuccine alfredo better?
This is it: my secret ingredient. I make the best fettuccine sauce recipe using one special addition… white American cheese! 🧀
I cannot even begin to tell you how creamy this makes this dish. The extra cheese adds a whole layer of flavor that you just don’t get from other fettuccine recipes.
What can I add to alfredo pasta?
My favorite part about easy fettuccine alfredo is that it goes well with so many different ingredients. You can add in whatever you like to really make it your own. Here are some of my favorites:
You may also like
- Fettuccine alfredo with chicken
- Shrimp and steak pasta
- Spaghetti alfredo
- Add vegetables like peas or sun dried tomatoes
Mix in what you like and have fun! That’s what this dish is all about – it’s so versatile!
Can I make this dish without heavy cream?
Yes. If you want to lighten up the dish, use milk or half and half instead of heavy cream.
How to Thicken Alfredo Sauce
If you want to thicken the sauce, add additional Parmesan cheese to the mix.
How long does alfredo last in the fridge?
This dish will last up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Keep it in an airtight container.
How to Reheat
Reheat our easy fettuccine alfredo recipe either over low heat on the stove, stirring frequently, or in the microwave, heating up in intervals and stirring between. I like to add a little extra butter to the pasta when reheating in the microwave.
📖 Creamy Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Penne Pasta with Leftover Prime Rib
- Pink Pasta Recipe (Creamy Tomato Pasta)
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe – add to your favorite pasta!
Save the Video Pin
Check out our Fettuccine Alfredo Web Story!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 slices American cheese 2-3 slices
- 16 oz. fettuccine pasta
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsp. butter. Cook fettuccine pasta according to package instructions in a separate pot.
- Once the butter melts, add in 1 Tbsp. minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Slowly and gradually add in 2 cups heavy cream. Stir, stir, stir! This is very important – you don't want the cream to curdle. Stir while you pour the heavy cream into the skillet and add it over time, not all at once.
- After adding the cream, slowly and gradually add in ½ cup Parmesan. Keep stirring while you add it!
- Add in 2 to 3 slices of white American cheese and stir well.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and stir to combine.
- Finally, add in your cooked pasta and mix together. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley to taste. I like to also add in chicken, steak, or shrimp. This is a great dish for using up leftovers!
- Make sure to gradually add your heavy cream and Parmesan cheese! You don’t want the cream to curdle or the cheese to stick to the bottom of the pan.