Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas is a tasty recipe inspired by our friends at Certified Angus Beef® brand. It’s a tasty South-of-the-border casserole the entire family will enjoy. Loaded with ground beef, mild green chilies, lots of gooey cheese and, of course, corn tortillas. Make ahead instructions included in this easy recipe that is perfect for back to school dinners or any night of the week. It’s an excellent menu choice for this busy time of year!
Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas
When I stumbled on this Mexican Lasagna recipe over at Certified Angus Beef® brand’s website, I knew it would be a hit! Lasagna is one of those meals that’s a real crowd pleaser whenever it’s served and this Mexican inspired lasagna did not disappoint. My family LOVED this Mexican lasagna for dinner and we even had a few leftovers the for tasty lunches the next day. (For more back to school lunch recipes check out all of our Hot Lunch Ideas.) Since this Mexican Lasagna recipe is made with corn tortillas, prep is so much easier than with a traditional lasagna. Using corn tortillas also means Mexican Lasagna is gluten free, making it an option for those with gluten sensitivities.
Add your own twist to Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas!
In Mexican Lasagna, salsa stands in for the traditional tomato sauce portion of the lasagna. You choose your favorite brand and the level of heat your family enjoys. I used medium heat salsa when I made this Mexican Lasagna for my family and it was perfect for us. But if your family likes a less spicy taste, use a mild salsa instead! I also added some corn to the meat mixture after it was browned, putting my own spin on this Mexican Lasagna recipe. To finish it off, I sprinkled the baked Mexican lasagna with green onions and fresh tomatoes. It was a nice addition! If you’re looking for a complete meal, add a green salad and this easy-to-make Lime Charlotte (Carlota de Limon) for dessert and you’ll have a delicious Mexican fiesta!
Easy Football Food
Having the gang over for game day?! They are sure to love the tex-mex flavors in our Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas. It’s an easy way to feed your hungry football crowd. This lasagna piled high with ground beef, mild green chilies, lots of gooey cheese and, of course, corn tortillas, has all the right flavors to satisfy the hungry football fans in your life. Need more game day inspiration? Check out our other Easy Football Food ideas.
A tasty casserole the entire family will enjoy. Make ahead instructions included in this easy recipe that is perfect for back-to-school dinners. It's an excellent menu choice for this busy time of year!
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck, cooked and drained
- 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 16-ounce jar your favorite salsa
- 12 corn tortillas, 6-inch size
- 5 (4-ounce) cans diced mild green chilies
- 1 pound grated Mexican Blend cheese
- 10-ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- Chopped green onions and fresh tomatoes, for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine cooked ground beef with taco seasoning, water and green onions. Stir in salsa and corn.
Spray 9” x 13” pan with nonstick spray. Place a layer of tortillas in the bottom. Top with a third of the green chilies, ground beef mixture, cheese and enchilada sauce. Repeat layers twice, using cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Allow to sit loosely covered for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onions and fresh diced tomatoes, if desired.
BACK TO SCHOOL Dinners MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare the beef layer (ground beef, taco seasoning, water, green onions) and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Add the corn and salsa, then just assemble the lasagna and bake as directed.
Back to School Dinners
Beef and Pork
- Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats by The Crumby Kitchen
- Beef and Sweet Potato Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Meatloaf Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Lasagna with Tortillas by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Dish Taco Goulash by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pierogi with Sausage and Peppers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pot Roast with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Red Wine by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Pastas, Soups, Rice and Stews
- Casimer Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dad’s Glop by My Blissful Mess
- Homemade Lasagna by Soulfully Made
- Kid-friendly Salmon Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon with Pappardelle and a Brandy Cream Sauce by Mysavoryspoon
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Enchiladas by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Parmesan by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce & Roasted Asparagus by Gourmet Everyday
- Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Instapot Roast Chicken by Our Good Life
- Easy Ranch Chicken Pasta with Bacon by Cricket’s Confections
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs by Pies and Plots
- Roasted Chicken Breasts by Life Tastes Good
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken & Spinach by My Life Cookbook
- Whole30 Mini Turkey Meatloaf by Bites of Wellness
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.