Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Baked Quesadillas in the oven are ready in a snap and use flavor-packed ingredients! They are just amazingly flavorful and perfect for a party!
Using two types of creamy plant-based shreds that melt to perfection, they’re dairy-free and oh-so-delicious! You’ve never had sheet pan quesadillas like this before!
Best Baked Quesadillas
Okay, so I’m obsessed with these party quesadillas. They’re so easy to make, save so much time, and everyone I’ve ever served them to is wild about them. My family raves about my oven quesadillas! They remind us of Chipotle quesadillas, and are perfect for a party.
It’s so easy to host when you know you can make a large tray of sheet pan quesadillas and pop them in the oven when your guests arrive. It is the perfect party food to wow your guests and allows you to spend time with them! Serve up a platter of these baked quesadillas and Peach Mango Salsa, and you have the perfect party food for feeding a crowd.
My favorite thing about making quesadillas is that they are so customizable. You can use whatever you have on hand for filling. I personally love to make my quesadillas in the oven with veggies and two dairy-free cheese alternatives from So Delicious Dairy Free.
And oh, these are the best baked quesadillas. If you’re looking for a perfect dairy-free cheese alternative, this is it. So Delicious is the best dairy alternative solution I have ever tried, perfect for making ooey, gooey quesadillas!
My secret to making baked quesadillas crispy is to use two sheet pans. Form your sheet pan quesadillas on the first pan, then use a second pan to hold them down. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes with the sheet pan pressing down on them, then remove the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes. This makes the crispiest baked quesadillas.
First and foremost, I use a So Delicious plant-based cheese alternative. The flavor and creamy texture of this plant-based cheese alternative is out of this world! It’s the best I’ve ever tried and melts to perfection.
I found So Delicious Dairy Free Shreds at Walmart in the dairy aisle. You can also purchase So Delicious Dairy Free Mexican Style Shreds and So Delicious Dairy Free Mozzarella Shreds online! It’s affordable and, honestly, unbelievably delicious. Danone has a number of dairy-free alternatives to cheese you can indulge in, from shreds to slices. I love these plant-based shreds.
I kept this dairy-free, plant-based quesadilla recipe vegan by using only vegetables in the filling. Peppers, onions, my seasoning blend, and salsa are all you need with the plant-based shreds to make incredible baked quesadillas everyone will be drooling over.
In addition to creamy So Delicious Plant-Based Shreds, you can add more vegan-friendly ingredients such as:
- Plant-based meat alternatives: Plant-based ground protein is perfect for adding to these baked quesadillas. Cook it up in a skillet with the same seasoning blend used for the veggies and add to your sheet pan quesadillas.
- Other veggies: Mushrooms, corn, beans – I love mixing up the vegetables I use in my party quesadillas, and all of them pair perfectly with So Delicious Plant-Based Shreds! Try different veggies for a combination tailored to what you love.
- Add a little spice: You can add a little more spice to your quesadillas using red pepper flakes or jalapeno slices. Have fun with it!
How to Make Quesadillas in the Oven
- Cook your toppings in a skillet.
- Spray a baking sheet and spread out your tortillas evenly.
- Fill your tortillas with So Delicious Plant-Based Shreds, then top with cooked toppings and more Plant-Based Shreds.
- Fold your tortillas over top of the fillings with an additional tortilla to cover the center, then place a second baking sheet on top to hold them closed.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the baking sheet on top and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The secret to baking quesadillas is all in that last trick – placing a second baking sheet over top and removing it partway through the cooking process! This helps crisp up the sheet pan quesadillas and holds them closed.
So Delicious Plant-Based Shreds are naturally dairy-, gluten-, and soy-free, so all that needs to be done to make these baked quesadillas gluten-free is to use gluten-free tortillas.
What to Serve with Quesadillas
- Guacamole – make your own using freshly cut avocados
- Salsa – use your favorite brand
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Roast Small Potatoes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
View the Video Pin
Did you try my sheet pan quesadillas? I would love to know what you think! Leave a comment below with a rating.
Easy Oven Quesadillas (Dairy-Free)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Baking sheet (x2)
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- 8 large flour tortillas or gluten-free alternative
- 3 cups So Delicious Mexican Style Shreds
- 3 cups So Delicious Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion or yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder plus some for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons salsa
- Add sliced Vidalia onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix in garlic powder, pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Add salsa, then cover with a lid and allow to soften while you prepare the baking sheets.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, then spread tortillas (save 1 for topping!) on the sheet, overlapping so there are no gaps. No parts of the baking sheet should show.
- Spread So Delicious Mexican Style Shreds over the tortillas evenly.
- Top with cooked peppers and onions, then your So Delicious Mozzarella Shreds.
- Finally, add a tortilla at the center over top, then fold over the edges of the other tortillas to completely cover the filling.
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with additional garlic powder, then cover with a second baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Once 20 minutes is up, remove the baking sheet on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes about 15 slices of quesadilla. Nutrition value is for each slice. Cut into even squares for the same results.
Let us know what you think or ask a question about the recipe!