This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
My Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe is easy to make using ingredients you probably already have on hand! Homemade pumpkin spice is better than store-bought – you can customize the flavor to your liking, and use it in all your favorite pumpkin recipes! Ready to use in minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
When Fall starts and the cool weather rolls in, pumpkin pie spice is the first thing I whip up to kick off the season.
Using only four simple spice ingredients, this is an easy pumpkin spice recipe you can use for all your favorite pumpkin recipes, from pumpkin pie cookies to adding spice to your homemade pumpkin lattes!
My family loves this homemade pumpkin pie spice in Fall desserts, drinks, and even breakfast recipes like our favorite pumpkin waffles. I guarantee you will love this easy pumpkin pie spice mix, too!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipes FAQs
Different pumpkin pie spice recipes use varying ingredients, but in the case of this easy pumpkin spice recipe, only four ingredients are used: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. This gives you the full pumpkin pie spice experience, with fewer ingredients!
Pumpkin spice and pumpkin pie spice are the same and can be referred to either way interchangeably.
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients
- ground cloves
The main ingredient for pumpkin pie spice is cinnamon. It is sweet, spicy, and warm, and embodies all of the best flavors of the Fall season! Other spices necessary for the mix are ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
Together, they form the best pumpkin spice recipe – and it’s so simple to mix and have on hand! You can use this recipe in place of your usual pumpkin pie spices, or add it to any pumpkin ingredients you love the most.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Store in an air-tight spice jar and use in your favorite pumpkin recipes!
How to Store Pumpkin Pie Spice
You can store the pumpkin pie spice in an airtight container and keep it at room temperature. This homemade spice blend will last up to two years.
Pumpkin Spice Recipe Tips
- You can adjust the ingredient ratios to your liking. Feel free to adjust it to your taste. This is what makes homemade pumpkin pie spices the best!
- This pumpkin spice isn’t just for pie! You can add it to your morning coffee, pumpkin bread, and any of your favorite pumpkin recipes.
Best Pumpkin Spice Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.8 teaspoon cinnamon, 4 teaspoon ginger, 2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Store in an air tight spice jar.