Never run out of Pumpkin Pie Spice again! Our Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe substitute is easy to make using most ingredients you may already have in your pantry. No more buying prepackaged pumpkin pie spice, you can whip it up anytime to get the best the flavor when you need it.
There are many different ways to mix up your own Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe, using a whole different mix of spices, from a handful of ingredients to nine different spices. But in this post, I want to show you the simplest recipe using spices that you most likely already have at home. The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it whenever you need it, keeping the flavor fresh whenever the mood strikes for a little Fall baking.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
The main and major ingredient for pumpkin pie spice is obviously cinnamon. It is sweet, spicy and warm, and embodies all of Fall’s flavor. The other spices necessary for the mix are ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Now that you have the ingredients, you just need to know how much of each to mix together.
Let’s breakdown the formula for this recipe using the smallest ingredient as the base, what you will need is:
- 1 part of nutmeg
- 2 parts of cloves
- 4 parts of ginger
- 8 parts of cinnamon
The math is simple and you can make as much or as little pumpkin pie spice mix as you need. But with Fall baking season coming up, I recommend making a little extra, you can always store it in an airtight jar and save this pumpkin pie spice recipe substitute for another day.
Once you are comfortable and familiar with mixing up your own pumpkin pie spice blend, you can start experimenting by decreasing or increasing certain spice to create a different flavor profile to your own taste. Beyond that, you can even start adding other spices or leaving out certain ones that you don’t like. But this Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe substitute will give you the foundation you need to get started this Fall.
Test out our pumpkin pie spice substitute in the recipes below:
- Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Pie Spice Streusel
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes
- For a tasty breakfast or snack option try Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The kids will LOVE to get in the kitchen and help make these No Bake Pumpkin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
- Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe with Spiced Pumpkin Frosting
- Pumpkin Cobbler with Spiced Butter Toffee
- Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Waffle Recipe
- Savory Pumpkin Recipes
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Recipe
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Store in an air tight spice jar.