Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
A quick, easy, and healthy recipe that’s simple and elegant. Our Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes Dinner for Two is loaded with fresh ingredients and ready in no time! You are sure to LOVE the Greek Kalamata olive and Feta topping. It makes this recipe one of our favorite Simple Dinner Ideas for Two!
I love recipes that are simple and down to earth yet slightly elevated. These Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes totally fit that description. Sheet pan meals are among the easiest recipes you can make but somehow they end up feeling a little fancy.
They are absolutely perfect when cooking for two people. My husband and I are a two person (and two cat) household and meals like this work great for us. This meal is easy and ready in no time at all. It’s hearty and filling yet healthy at the same time.
One of the things that makes sheet pan meals so great is the fact that everything is cooked on the same pan. This cuts way back on dishes and makes life just a little easier.
The first step when preparing our Sheet Pan Greek Chicken dinner is to heat the oven to 400 degrees. As the oven warms, dice 4-5 red potatoes (try to make sure they are all a uniform size to ensure that they cook evenly).
Place 1 lb. of chicken breasts or chicken breast tenderloins on a sheet pan. Place the chopped potatoes (about 5 cups) around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with 2 ½-3 Tbsp. of olive oil and toss to coat.
Sprinkle 2 ½-3 tsp. of Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. of smoked paprika, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper over the chicken and potatoes. Toss once again to coat. Cut a few lemon slices and squeeze over the ingredients. Arrange the slices around the pan.
OK, so technically this isn’t a single sheet pan meal. We’re using two sheet pans because I think meals like Sheet Pan Greek Chicken deserve a side dish. I say the more vegetables on our plate the better. What vegetable complements chicken and potatoes perfectly? Green beans.
My favorite way to eat green beans is to roast them. They get a little crispy and they’re just kind of addicting. Simply wash and trim 3 cups of green beans.
Cut them in half and place them on a second sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tsp. or so of olive oil and sprinkle with ½ tsp. of garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the green beans in the oil and spices.
Place the sheet pan of chicken and potatoes into the oven. After they have been in the oven for 5 minutes, place the sheet pan of green beans in there as well. The cooking times vary slightly so this ensures that they are finished at the same time.
Roast both pans for an additional 25 minutes. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork and the chicken should be cooked through at this point.
Kalamata Olive Topping
Now onto the good stuff. The thing that ties this Sheet Pan Greek Chicken dish together is the Kalamata olive topping. It’s super easy to make and can be prepared while the rest of the ingredients are in the oven.
- Cut 1 cup of Kalamata olives into pieces and place them into a small bowl.
- Zest 1 lemon into the bowl of chopped olives and squeeze a tsp. or so of lemon juice over them.
- Toss the olives in the zest and juice. The lemon brightens up the flavor of the olives and the dish as a whole.
It’s time to assemble our sheet pan Greek chicken dinner and make it look pretty. Place a few spoonfuls of the roasted potatoes onto a plate. Place a piece or two of chicken on top of the potatoes and a helping of the roasted green beans next to it.
Sprinkle a few spoonfuls of the kalamata olives over the dish as well as some feta cheese. Feel free to add as much or as little of the olives and cheese as you like. Finish the whole thing off with a squeeze of lemon. I’m telling ya – it doesn’t get any easier or tastier than this.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or chicken breast tenderloins
- 5 red potatoes (see notes)
- 2 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 3 cups green beans
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 lemons
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice 4-5 red potatoes (yields 5 cups).
- Place 1 lb. of chicken breasts or chicken breast tenderloins in center of baking sheet.
- Surround the chicken breasts with 5 cups of diced potatoes.
- Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with 2 ½ Tbsp. of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with 3 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, ½ tsp. kosher salt, and ½ tsp. of pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cut a lemon into 4 slices and squeeze onto chicken and potatoes. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
- Wash and trim 3 cups of green beans. Cut green beans in half.
- Place chopped green beans on another sheet pan.
- Drizzle them with 1 tsp. olive oil and sprinkle ½ tsp. of garlic powder and generous pinch of salt and pepper over them. Toss to coat.
- Place the pan of chicken and potatoes into oven and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes place the pan of green beans in the oven as well. Bake both pans for an additional 25 minutes (30 minutes cook time for chicken and potatoes).
- Cut 1 cup of kalamata olives into pieces and place them in a small bowl. Add the zest of 1 lemon and 1 tsp. lemon juice to the olives. Stir to combine.
- To serve: Dish potatoes onto a plate. Add 1 or 2 pieces of chicken on top of potatoes. Add green beans to the side of plate. Add desired amount of kalamata olive mix to the top of chicken and potatoes. Add desired amount of feta cheese to top of dish. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon.