Our Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake recipe is as easy as it gets to make cheesecake at home! Made with simple homemade strawberry sauce, this is a smooth, creamy baked cheesecake recipe you will love. Calling all cheesecake lovers – this is the best cheesecake recipe ever!
This beautiful strawberry swirl cheesecake is the perfect centerpiece for a dinner party. Serve it for a birthday or as a holiday dessert. Everyone will love it!
🍰 What makes this the best cheesecake recipe?
- It’s decadent and so smooth. This cheesecake is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- The ingredients to make this homemade cheesecake are so simple. It will surprise you!
- There is no bain-marie or water bath, making this cheesecake as easy as it gets and stress-free!
- It’s easy to make ahead of time and serve at a celebration or for dessert the next day!
Our readers are loving our strawberry cheesecake recipe on Pinterest! Here’s what they have to say about it:
“My first time baking a cheesecake. It turned out great – light and creamy!” – @jordanmariedelory
“Turned out beautifully and tasted amazing!!” – @tflaherty8711
“Delicious 🤤 I’ll double the crust next time ( I love the crust) but excellent recipe!” – @bnaylin
“A first ever for me. It was FAB.🤤🤤” – @atothicus
“Delicious (first piece)! Second piece – tasted even better leaving it in the fridge overnight.” – @tiffcrespo
“This was my first cheesecake and it was so yummy!! Would definitely recommend making 😊” – @yairafalcon
To make this homemade cheesecake, you will need:
- An 8″ round springform pan or a regular round cake pan
- Parchment paper
- Your oven
- You will also need the tools to mix the cheesecake filling. This can be an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. You can use your hand and a whisk, but you will get smoother, easier results using an electric mixer.
- A food processor makes the job of making the graham crust a bit easier, but you can also use your hands to make the crust, too.
For the graham cracker crust:
- ~1 cup graham crackers (7 oz.; a little less than a cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (equal to 3.5 oz.)
For the cheesecake filling:
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, brought to room temp.
- 1 egg yolk, brought to room temp.
- 1 cup light sour cream, brought to room temp. (a little less than 1 cup)
- 1/2 lemon for juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry sauce
What brings this strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe all together is our homemade strawberry sauce recipe. This simple sauce is so easy to make at home, and it tastes incredible. Better than any store-bought strawberry sauce out there!
Making this decadent strawberry swirl cheesecake is much easier than your typical cheesecake recipe. There is no water bath, and the mixture is easy to mix together with an electric mixer.
You are going to love this simple cheesecake recipe. Even if you’re a beginner to making homemade cheesecake recipes, we guarantee you will be able to make this strawberry cheesecake stress-free and that it will turn out beautifully!
How to make graham cracker crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8″ round springform pan or regular round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to process 7 ounces graham crackers (a little less than a cup) into fine crumbs, then add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and pulse to combine.
If you do not have a food processor or blender, put the crackers in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl, then mix with 7 tablespoons melted unsalted butter.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside while you make the filling.
How to make cheesecake filling:
- Using a stand mixture with the paddle attachment, beat 3 8 oz. packages softened cream cheese on low-med speed for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required. You can also use a hand mixer.
- Add 3/4 cup superfine sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and beat well. Continue to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Crack 2 large eggs into the bowl + 1 egg yolk one at a time, beating until each is well incorporated.
- Add a little less than 1 cup room temperature light sour cream, the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon, and a pinch of salt. Beat well until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
Assembling cheesecake and making the strawberry swirls:
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust base in the cake pan.
- With a teaspoon, dollop about 1/2 of the strawberry sauce in small blobs onto the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spoon over the remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Smooth out the top just a little, then again use a teaspoon to dollop over the remaining strawberry sauce.
- Drag a knife through the little strawberry patches to give it a swirl effect.
Easy baked cheesecake recipe directions:
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. There should be a slight wobble in the center.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool, in the oven, for half an hour with the door closed.
- After half an hour is up, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool for at least 45 minutes at room temperature. Then, cover with a plate over the top of the pan (or with plastic wrap or foil), and place in the fridge to set.
- Let the cheesecake set for at least 4 hours. Serve with extra strawberry sauce, and enjoy!
⭐ Family Foodie Tip
- The trick to stop your cheesecake from cracking is to allow it to cool slowly. You do this by allowing it to cool in the oven for half an hour after the oven has been turned off. Then, remove it from the oven and let it come to room temperature. Finally, cover the top and place it in the fridge to finish cooling.
What I love most about our strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe is that there are no fancy steps. No bain-marie, and no water bath! This makes the cheesecake so simple, even for a total beginner.
It goes straight in the oven and bakes for 45 minutes or until there’s just a slight wobble in the center, and voila! Cheesecake perfection!
👪 Serving Size
This cheesecake is large enough for about 16 slices, so it’s perfect for serving at a party.
And oh, is it so delicious! This is one of my favorite and easiest desserts for a holiday celebration. I love serving this strawberry swirl cheesecake!
💭 Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use a springform pan for cheesecake?
Not at all! You can bake cheesecake in a regular 8×8″ cake pan or even a tin foil pan.
One of our readers asked for advice on how to bake a cheesecake without using a springform pan. If you do not have a springform pan, baking without one is just as easy!
The only difference is that springform pans make releasing the cheesecake from the pan once it’s done cooling a bit easier.
- To use a regular cake pan: Line the inside of your cake pan with parchment paper. This makes it easier to lift the cheesecake out of the pan once it’s done chilling.
- To use a tin foil pan: After the cheesecake finishes chilling, carefully cut the pan away from the cake to remove it.
After trying this method, our reader had this to say:
“Thank you so much for the tips and your help! It came out amazing and I’m so happy.” – Alicia A.
Do you have any recipe questions? Please always feel free to contact us or leave a comment in the comments section below. We would love to help out!
How long will cheesecake keep?
Cheesecake keeps well in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. So, take your time and enjoy eating it for dessert every day! 😉 You might even want a slice for breakfast. We won’t tell!
Can you freeze cheesecake?
Yes, you can, although, from personal experience, there’s rarely enough left in my house to do it!
- To freeze, place the strawberry cheesecake on a flat plate or the baking tin base. Then wrap it 2-3 times in plastic wrap so that it’s very well sealed.
- Freeze it for up to a month. Make sure to thaw it in the fridge, and if you’re thawing the whole cake. Give it at least 24 hours to make sure it’s perfectly thawed.
📖 Similar Recipes
Love this easy cheesecake recipe? We have more of our easiest desserts for you to try! Here are some of our favorites:
Love cheesecake and want more? Give our Instant Pot Cheesecake a try! It is truly amazing:
Did you give this easy baked cheesecake recipe a try? Let us know what you think in the comments below! We love to hear from you.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- 7 oz Graham crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3.5 oz unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 packages cream cheese (softened; 8 oz. packages)
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 egg yolk room temp
- 1 cup light sour cream room temp (a little less than one cup)
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry sauce (see above post for a link to our easy strawberry sauce recipe!)
Creating the graham cracker crust
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / 140°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8-inch round springform tin with baking paper.Use a food processor to process the crackers to fine crumbs. Add the cinnamon and ginger and pulse to combine (if you don’t have a food processor or blender, put the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin)Tip the crumbs into a bowl, then mix through the melted butter.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared tin.Bake for 10 minutes then set aside while you make the filling.
Creating the cheesecake filling
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on low-med speed for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well, again scrape down the sides as necessary. Then add the eggs and extra yolk, one at a time, beating until each is well incorporated.Add the sour cream, salt, lemon juice, and zest and beat well. The mixture should now be looking completely smooth and glossy.Pour half of the cheesecake mixture over the base.
Putting the strawberry swirl cheesecake together
- With a teaspoon, dollop about half the strawberry sauce in small blobs over the top of the cheesecake mixture you just added to the base.Carefully spoon over the remaining cheesecake mixture. Smooth out the top just a little, then again use a teaspoon to dollop over the remaining strawberry sauce. Drag a knife through the little strawberry patches to give it a swirl effect.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. There should be a slight wobble in the center.Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for half an hour with the door closed.After a half hour, remove it from the oven and let it cool at least a further 45 minutes at room temperature before covering (a plate over the top of the tin is fine) and placing in the fridge to set completely. Let it set for at least 4 hours.Remove from the pan, serve, and enjoy!
Photography by Marie Roffey