Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Grilled Tuna Steak recipe has it all: tender ahi tuna seasoned with everything bagel seasoning, and a spicy poke bowl sauce for dipping. With just six ingredients to make the grilled tuna and spicy mayo, this is a restaurant-quality, easy grilling recipe that’s packed with flavor! Plus, it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free!
One of my favorite dishes to cook on the grill is ahi tuna steak. I love to order tuna steak while out to eat, and decided: why not try grilling tuna steak at home? I’ve never looked back!
You can make an amazingly delicious tuna steak on the grill for a fraction of the cost of going out to eat. I must admit, 9 times out of 10, it is better than any tuna steak recipe I have had at a restaurant.
And it’s so easy. Just season your tuna steaks, let them chill in the refrigerator, then grill for 2 minutes on each side. Oh, and the spicy poke bowl sauce? You’re going to want to make it with everything.
How do you pick a good tuna steak?
You want to pick a thick cut of tuna steak. Yellowfin and Ahi tuna both work – I used fresh ahi tuna steak for this grilling recipe! Tuna should be an even, deep red color.
Look for fresh cuts that are about 1½ inches thick so they sear quickly but cook beautifully on the inside.
How to Season Tuna Steak
I like to treat seasoning tuna steak like I would any restaurant-quality dish. The key is to use your favorite steak rub! Don’t be afraid to rub a nice thick helping of seasoning on and grill until it forms a delicious crust.
In this recipe for tuna steak, I use Everything Bagel Seasoning. It is my absolute favorite seasoning for tuna!
How Long to Grill Tuna Steaks
Grill for 2 minutes on each side over high heat for medium-rare with a beautiful pink center. Your grilled tuna steak temperature should be around around 125°F for medium-rare.
You can cook it to your desired degree of doneness. I like my tuna steak pink on the inside and crusty on the outside!
Tuna Steak Sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
A combination of sriracha, chili garlic sauce, and mayonnaise makes the most amazing tuna steak sauce! This spicy mayo is the poke bowl sauce dreams are made of. It’s creamy, a little spicy, and so flavorful. The perfect dipping sauce for tuna steak on the grill!
Sides for Tuna Steak
- Serve over a bed of our perfect rice recipe with sliced green onions
- Sliced avocado is a delicious choice with tuna
- Asian coleslaw pairs well on the side!
- My family loves asparagus air fryer fries with this dish!
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! Our grilled tuna steak is a gluten-free recipe.
Is this recipe keto-friendly?
Tuna steak on the grill is perfect for a keto diet! There are next to no carbs in this recipe.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Grilled Tuna Steak with Spicy Mayo
For grilling tuna steaks
- 4 Tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
For poke bowl sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- ½ Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- Mix together 1 Tbsp. sriracha, ½ Tbsp. chili garlic sauce, and 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Brush 2 ahi tuna steaks with olive oil on both sides. Coat generously, on both sides, with everything bagel seasoning. Pat down until well-coated for a delicious crust on your grilled tuna steaks. Chill tuna for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat grill to high. Place the tuna steaks on the grill and grill for 2 to 5 minutes on each side. Thicker steaks will require more cook time. For medium-rare, 2 minutes on each side works well.
- Remove from grill, slice, and serve with spicy mayo. Enjoy!
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side over high heat for medium-rare with a beautiful pink center. Your grilled tuna steak temperature should be around around 125°F for medium-rare.