This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Our Grilled Tuna Steak recipe has it all: tender ahi tuna seasoned with everything bagel seasoning, and a spicy poke bowl sauce for dipping. With just six ingredients to make the grilled tuna and spicy mayo, this is a restaurant-quality, easy grilling recipe that’s packed with flavor!
Plus, it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free!
One of my favorite dishes to cook on the grill is tuna steak recipes. I have always loved ordering tuna steak while out to eat, and decided: why not try grilling tuna steaks at home? I’ve never looked back!
You can make an amazingly delicious tuna steak on the grill for a fraction of the cost of going out to eat. I must admit, 9 times out of 10, it is better than any tuna steak recipe I have had at a restaurant.
And it’s so easy. Just season your tuna steaks, let them chill in the refrigerator, then grill for 2 minutes on each side. Oh, and the spicy poke bowl sauce? You’re going to want to make it with everything.
How do you pick a good tuna steak?
You want to pick a thick cut of tuna steak. Yellowfin and Ahi tuna both work – I used fresh ahi tuna steak for this grilling recipe! Tuna should be an even, deep red color.
Look for fresh cuts that are about 1½ inches thick so they sear quickly but cook beautifully on the inside.
Tuna Steak Seasoning
I like to treat seasoning tuna steak like I would any restaurant-quality steak. The key is to use your favorite rub! Don’t be afraid to rub a nice thick helping of seasoning on and grill until it forms a delicious crust. Let it sit for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
In this recipe for tuna steak, I use Everything Bagel Seasoning. It is my absolute favorite seasoning for tuna!
How Long to Grill Tuna Steaks
Grill for 2 minutes on each side over high heat for medium-rare with a beautiful pink center. Your grilled tuna steak temperature should be around 125°F for medium-rare.
You can cook it to your desired degree of doneness. I like my tuna steak pink on the inside and crusty on the outside!
Sauce for Tuna Steak
- Chili garlic sauce
A combination of sriracha, chili garlic sauce, and mayonnaise makes the most amazing tuna steak sauce! This spicy mayo is the poke bowl sauce dreams are made of. It’s creamy, a little spicy, and so flavorful. The perfect dipping sauce for tuna steak on the grill!
Sides for Tuna Steak
- Serve over a bed of our perfect rice recipe with sliced green onions
- Sliced avocado is a delicious choice with tuna
- Asian coleslaw pairs well on the side!
- My family loves asparagus air fryer fries with this dish!
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! Our grilled tuna steak is a gluten-free recipe.
Is this recipe keto-friendly?
Tuna steak on the grill is perfect for a keto meal plan! There are next to no carbs in this recipe.
If you are looking for other easy fish recipes, don’t miss my fish tacos recipe!
Try more of our best Seafood Appetizers!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Grilled Tuna Steak with Spicy Mayo
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Mix together 1 Tbsp. sriracha, ½ Tbsp. chili garlic sauce, and 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Brush 2 ahi tuna steaks with olive oil on both sides. Coat generously, on both sides, with everything bagel seasoning. Pat down until well-coated for a delicious crust on your grilled tuna steaks. Chill tuna for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat grill to high. Place the tuna steaks on the grill and grill for 2 to 5 minutes on each side. Thicker steaks will require more cook time. For medium-rare, 2 minutes on each side works well.
- Remove from grill, slice, and serve with spicy mayo. Enjoy!
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side over high heat for medium-rare with a beautiful pink center. Your grilled tuna steak temperature should be around around 125°F for medium-rare.