We love seafood appetizers! Let’s be honest, who doesn’t? We have our favorite list of seafood starters right here! You need these at your next party!
Whether you’re throwing an elegant party or you just need Christmas Party Appetizers, you’ll find the best appetizer ideas with our list of favorite holiday appetizers! From the perfect shrimp cocktail recipe to the best crab cake recipe ever, we have the perfect seafood starter for your next party! We love quick and easy appetizers for a crowd.
Shrimp appetizer recipes or “shrimp appies” are a classic for parties. You just can’t go wrong with a seafood cocktail platter or a plate of shrimp puffs! If you’re looking for shrimp hors d’oeuvres you’ll want to try these classic shrimp recipes:
- Shrimp Shumai
- Shrimp Foil Pack
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups
- Sesame Lime Roasted Shrimp Summer Rolls with Mango & Avocado from Feast in Thyme
- Spicy Prawn Cocktail from Curry Trail
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms from Life Tastes Good
- Shrimp Ceviche from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Coconut Prawns with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Holiday hors d’oeuvres need to be paired with the perfect sauce. If you’re serving seafood hors d’oeuvres, why not pair them with our remoulade sauce recipe?
If you like shrimp apps, you may also love this fried oysters recipe. Give it a try with your favorite dipping sauce!
Crab appetizer recipes are universally loved, especially baked hot crab dip. Some of our favorite finger food appetizers include crab meat rangoon and crab stuffed mushrooms. Once you try these hot appetizer recipes, we’re sure you’ll agree:
- Steamed Crab Legs
- Crab Cake Stuffed Mushrooms from The Crumby Kitchen
- Crab Rangoon Pretzel Buns from Feast in Thyme
- Mini Potato Crab Cakes from Magnolia Days
- Crab Rangoon from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
Salmon is a top pick for fish appetizers for its beautiful color, flavor, and versatility. You can enjoy salmon hot or cold. Salmon holiday appetizers for parties are always a great way to kick of the holiday season. Our favorite salmon appetizer recipes use smoked salmon:
- Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Pinwheel Tea Sandwiches from Pinch Me I’m Eating
- Smoked Salmon Shooters from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Lemon Dill Marinade from Plating Pixels
- Cream of Sardines with Smoked Salmon and Capers from A Taste for Travel
- Mildly-Thai Salmon Cakes (Two Ways) from Caroline’s Cooking
Make Ahead Seafood Appetizers
The best appetizers for seafood are easy to make appetizers—especially dips like hot crab dip or salmon dip! Try some of our favorite make ahead seafood appetizers:
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip from Dinner Mom
- Bang Bang Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese from Dip Recipe Creations
- Crazy Good Salmon Cream Cheese Dip from Two Sleevers
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip from This Ole Mom
- Hot Crab Dip from Cooked by Julie
- Easy Smoked Salmon Dip from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Two of our absolute favorite heavy appetizers are made with shrimp and lobster. You know those shrimp and lobster appetizers that are filling but can still be fun to serve at a party, we’ve got them right here!
Our Chinese Prawn Recipe is the perfect make ahead dish that will please everyone as a heavy appetizer when served over sticky rice or even Portuguese rice.
What’s easier to make then Steamed Crab Legs. So perfect for a delicious heavy appetizer!
These are some of the best party appetizers and are perfect for Christmas appetizer ideas, a casual seafood party or dinner party appetizers and are certain to leave your guests begging to be invited back next year!
Drinks to Serve with Seafood
For these fancy hors devours, you’ll want to serve the right drinks! Try these:
- Bourbon Flip
- Moscato Sangria
- Blueberry Sangria
- Rose Sangria
- Pickled Strawberry Cocktail
- Frozen Tropical Fruit Rum Cocktail
And for a non-alcoholic option, there’s always Watermelon Mint Lemonade.
Are you a seafood fan like us? Try our New England Seafood Chowder! It’s fresh, creamy, and slightly smoky. We know you’ll love it. Another favorite of ours is this Salmon Poke Bowl—it’s perfectly sized for two! And while you’re at it, don’t miss out on our Tuna Rice Bowl with Yum Yum Sauce and Mexican Rice Bowl with Shrimp.
For more appetizer recipes, try our Air Fryer Mushrooms, Buffalo Wings, or Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms. If you’d like more cocktail party hors d’oeuvres, we recommend Potato Pave with Bacon and Parmesan, Spinach Puff Pastry, Thai Sausage Rolls, or Prosciutto Pinwheels. All of these make fancy appetizers you and your guests will love!
If you tried one of these seafood hors d’oeuvre ideas, leave us a comment below with your favorite!
This post was updated on May 20, 2019.