Whether you’re throwing an elegant party or you just need potluck ideas, you’ll find what you need with this list of seafood appetizers! From the perfect shrimp cocktail to the best crab cake recipe ever, this list has what you need.
Shrimp appetizer recipes are a classic for parties. You just can’t go wrong with a shrimp cocktail platter or a plate of shrimp puffs! If you’re looking for shrimp appetizer ideas, you’ll want to try these classic recipes:
- Shrimp Shumai
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups
- Sesame Lime Roasted Shrimp Summer Rolls with Mango & Avocado from Feast in Thyme
- Spicy Prawn Cocktail from Curry Trail
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms from Life Tastes Good
- Shrimp Ceviche from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Coconut Prawns with Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Shrimp Patties Recipe with Aioli from Foodies Terminal
No seafood recipe is complete without the perfect sauce. If you’re serving seafood hors d’oeuvres, why not pair them with our remoulade sauce recipe?
If you like shrimp appetizers, you may also love this fried oysters recipe. Give it a try with your favorite dipping sauce!
Crab appetizer recipes are universally loved, especially baked crab cakes and hot crab dip. Some of our favorites include easy crab cakes and crab meat rangoon. Once you try them, we’re sure you’ll agree:
- Crab Cake Stuffed Mushrooms from The Crumby Kitchen
- Crab Rangoon Pretzel Buns from Feast in Thyme
- Mini Potato Crab Cakes from Magnolia Days
- Crab Rangoon from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
Salmon is a top pick for fish appetizers for its beautiful color, flavor, and versatility. You can enjoy salmon hot or cold, so it goes well with a variety of recipes. Our favorite salmon appetizer recipes use smoked salmon:
- Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Pinwheel Tea Sandwiches from Pinch Me I’m Eating
- Smoked Salmon Shooters from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Grilled Salmon Kabobs with Lemon Dill Marinade from Plating Pixels
- Cream of Sardines with Smoked Salmon and Capers from A Taste for Travel
- Mildly-Thai Salmon Cakes (Two Ways) from Caroline’s Cooking
Make Ahead Seafood Appetizers
The best seafood appetizers are easy to make ahead—especially dips like hot crab dip or salmon dip! Try some of our favorite make ahead seafood appetizers:
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip from Dinner Mom
- Bang Bang Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese from Dip Recipe Creations
- Crazy Good Salmon Cream Cheese Dip from Two Sleevers
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip from This Ole Mom
- Hot Crab Dip from Cooked by Julie
- Easy Smoked Salmon Dip from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Drinks to Serve with Seafood
For these fancy seafood appetizers, you’ll want to serve the right drinks! Try these:
- Moscato Sangria
- Blueberry Sangria
- Rose Sangria
- Pickled Strawberry Cocktail
- Frozen Tropical Fruit Rum Cocktail
And for a non-alcoholic option, there’s always Watermelon Mint Lemonade.
Are you a seafood fan like us? Try our New England Seafood Chowder! It’s fresh, creamy, and slightly smoky. We know you’ll love it. Another favorite of ours is this Salmon Poke Bowl—it’s perfectly sized for two! And while you’re at it, don’t miss out on our Tuna Rice Bowl with Yum Yum Sauce and Mexican Rice Bowl with Shrimp.
For more appetizer recipes, try our Air Fryer Mushrooms, Buffalo Wings, or Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms. If you’d like more cocktail party hors d’oeuvres, we recommend Potato Pave with Bacon and Parmesan, Spinach Puff Pastry, Thai Sausage Rolls, or Prosciutto Pinwheels. All of these make fancy appetizers you and your guests will love!
If you tried one of these seafood appetizer ideas, leave us a comment below with your favorite!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
This post was updated on May 20, 2019.