Holiday casserole recipes like this Baked Creamed Corn Casserole make a great addition to any holiday meal. The key to a good holiday casserole recipe is simplicity. Our Baked Creamed Corn Casserole only has a few simple ingredients. Everything is tossed together in a big bowl, stirred up and then poured into a casserole dish for an easy side dish for your holiday meal.
Holiday Casserole Recipes
I love feeding friends and family, so I do a lot of holiday cooking! We typically celebrate the big holidays with my family, but there are usually a few get-togethers with friends too. Throw in a work potluck or two during the holiday months, and I’m always making food for something. The secret to entertaining during the holidays is a little planning and some easy but delicious holiday recipes. I have a whole list of of the Best Holiday Side Dishes and Last Minute Holiday Menu Ideas to help me out when I need a little menu inspiration. I also have my go to holiday casserole recipes like my grandma’s Broccoli Casserole, an out-of-this-world Creamed Spinach with Bacon, as well as my Baked Creamed Corn Casserole.
Baked Creamed Corn Casserole
This sweet and creamy Baked Creamed Corn Casserole goes by many other names such as Corn Pudding Casserole, Corn Casserole, and Cornbread Casserole. It is one of those holiday casserole recipes that every family has a recipe for and they are all a little different. However, what they all have in common is corn, both creamed and whole kernel, cornbread mix, some kind of cream whether is is heavy cream or sour cream, and butter. My version has eggs and cheddar cheese in it too. The egg helps the casserole to fluff up a little as it bakes and the cheddar cheese…well cheese just makes everything better!
Baked Creamed Corn Casserole is great for taking places when you are on-the-go. It is quick and easy to make, it travels really well (no worrying about spills in the car on the way to grandma’s house!), and you can serve it at room temperature so you don’t have to worry about heating it up. It’s one of my go-to holiday casserole recipes for taking to holiday parties and potlucks.
Tips for Making Baked Creamed Corn Casserole:
- Make it up to 2 days ahead of time.
- Fully cooked: Let cool complete then cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. Before serving remove plastic wrap and heat in 300 degrees F. oven for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Unbaked: Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. When ready to use remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature then bake according to recipe instructions.
- Make this recipe your own. Add ingredients such as: jalapenos, green chilis, bacon, etc.. If you like your cornbread sweeter you can also add a little sugar.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving. This casserole firms up as it cools making it easier to serve.
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Our Baked Creamed Corn Casserole only has a few simple ingredients. Everything is tossed together in a bog bowl, stirred up and then poured into a casserole dish for an easy side dish for your holiday meal.
- 15 oz. can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 15 oz. can Creamed Corn, don't drain
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- 1/2 c. Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 8 oz. box Cornbread Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl stir all of the ingredients together.
Pour the ingredients into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes.