This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This flavor-packed Rib Rub Recipe is a mix of sweet, spicy, and earthy flavors for the perfect balance you want in a dry rub for ribs! Easy to mix up in a pinch and so finger-licking delicious. The combination of flavors in this rub is just amazing – ready in just 5 minutes!
My secret to the most flavorful ribs is my rib rub with brown sugar recipe. This is the best dry rub for ribs I have ever had, and I guarantee you will feel the same way. It’s sweet and salty with a little kick of heat. Pair it with your favorite BBQ sauce and you’ll be obsessed!
Why is this brown sugar rib rub famous? Well, because literally any of my friends who have tried it, will never use another rub on their ribs! Give my rib seasoning a try and I know you’ll want to keep a jar of it on hand every time you grill out.
I will never use another rub for ribs. This recipe is a keeper!Jim via email
Baby Back Rib Rub Ingredients
- brown sugar, packed
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Creole seasoning
- black pepper
- salt preferably Himalayan sea salt
- chili powder
- mustard powder
The best rubs start with sugar. I love brown sugar as a base for rib seasoning because it caramelizes as it cooks. Sweet flavors and pork are a perfect match. Adding in paprika gives it a tasty, earthy kick. It’s sweet and salty with a little bit of spice and brightness.
Definitely use Himalayan sea salt if you have access to it. This fine salt is perfect for rubs because it gives it amazing flavor without the larger salt chunks.
Dry Rub for Ribs Recipe
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, rub each rack of ribs with the rib dry rub and refrigerate overnight.
- Make sure to cover the entire rack well and pat down the rub. It’s called a rub for a reason…. rub, rub, rub, and a pat pat pat on both sides; you want a nice coating!
- You can cook the ribs in the oven or on the grill.
Rib Rub Recipe FAQs
Perfect ribs start with delicious seasoning and letting it marinate overnight is great. If you don’t have enough time, a couple of hours will also work.
On a large baking sheet, season your ribs all over with your spice rub for ribs and refrigerate overnight. The ribs will absorb the flavor of the rub better this way.
This is the best rib rub recipe – it will last up to 6 months in an airtight container in a cool, dark place, or in the refrigerator. Store it in a jar with a label and the date.
How to Store Baby Back Rib Rub
Store your rib seasoning in air-tight glass containers such as a mason jar for up to 6 months stored in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator. If it clumps together, give it a good shake or simply mix it together. Homemade rib rub makes a fantastic food gift idea!
Dry Rub for Ribs Uses
- This makes the best Grilled Baby Back Ribs rub.
- It’s a delicious pork rub in general – try it with our Boston Butt on the Grill or Smoked Pork Butt.
- I love Air Fryer Ribs made with this rub.
- This isn’t just the best rub for pork ribs – it’s also delicious on beef! Try it with our Grilled Short Rib Recipe.
- Smoke Chicken is so good with this rub!
- This rub also works really well on your favorite pork chops recipes!
Dry Rub Recipes
Rib Rub Recipe
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Add packed brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, Creole seasoning, black pepper, paprika, sea salt, cumin, chili powder, and mustard powder to a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until fully combined.