Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Oh, this rub! I love this Sweet and Salty Roast Beef Rub recipe. It is perfect for everything from beef tenderloin and prime rib to eye round roast. Deliciously sweet and salty, this is a brown sugar rub that gives any cut of beef the perfect crust and so much flavor.
🧂 Best Rub for Roast Beef
Where do I even begin with how much I love this roast rub recipe? I felt like I had struck gold the first time I mixed it together and used it for a holiday beef tenderloin.
My dry rub for roast beef has the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Plenty of brown sugar, a little garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and Spanish paprika… oh, it’s just so heavenly!
I bet it’ll become a tradition for you, too!
🥩 Seasoned Roast Beef Recipes
I look forward to using this dry rub for beef roast every year, no matter what cut of beef I’m serving.
Most years, I don’t even like to wait for the holidays. My Eye of Round Roast is a great way to cook up roast beef on a budget – which means more excuses to use this delicious roast beef rub recipe!
Below are just a few of my favorite roast beef recipes to serve it with. Give them a try and let me know your favorite!
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
Thoroughly season all sides of your roast. Brush the roast with olive oil all over first, then pat the seasoning blend into the beef to coat it well. This will give you a beautiful crust every time.
Season any veggies you’re cooking with your roast with this roast beef rub, too! This brings the whole dish together.
This is what I do with my Eye of Round Roast recipe. I season the corn, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes with this beef rub, and it ties everything together perfectly.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Sweet and Salty Roast Beef Rub Recipe
- Glass bowl and a fork/whisk/spoon to mix with
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Spanish paprika do not use smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Add brown sugar, Spanish paprika, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and sea salt to a glass bowl.
- Mix together until fully blended. Use for roasts of all kinds. Enjoy!
- This mix makes close to 1½ cups of seasoning.
- Thoroughly season all sides of your roast. Brush the roast with olive oil all over first, then pat the seasoning blend into the beef to coat it well. This will give you a beautiful crust every time.