Our easy Starbucks Pumpkin Bread recipe is always a favorite! Just one bite of this moist pumpkin bread, and you will want to make it all of the time. It tastes even better than the pumpkin loaf from Starbucks, and costs so much less to make at home!
You and your family are going to love this easy, quick bread recipe that is perfect for Fall breakfast, brunch, dessert, or even breakfast for dinner.
Why is this the best pumpkin bread recipe?
This loaf bread recipe is so easy to make, and it’s absolutely the best pumpkin bread I’ve ever tried. I have yet to try another fruit bread that is this moist. The tender crumb, extra moist texture, and pumpkin flavor makes it the perfect fall treat.
It has the perfect blend of pumpkin pie spice and a little crunch from the toasted pumpkin seeds on top. It is even one of our favorite Sunday brunch recipes. You and your family will love it!
Take it from our readers. They are loving this Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe on Pinterest! Here’s what they have to say:
“Used a bundt pan add substituted the oil for butter. Was fabulous.” – @babymonkeyever1
“Loved this recipe!! Tasted delicious. 😋” – @Phina_456
“Easy, quick and tasty! It’s a more mild bread, not as sweet as pumpkin cookies or cupcakes. It’s perfect!” – @ericaskrlac
“Didn’t find pumpkin seed so substituted with sunflower seeds. Would definitely recommend this recipe.” – @dsarahduarte
“SO GOOD!! Easily makes 2 loaves so you can put one in the freezer :)” – @antoniateee
🎃 Ingredients for Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
One of the best things about this homemade pumpkin loaf recipe is that it uses only simple ingredients. You will need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- vegetable oil, or canola
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin seeds
Every Fall, we look forward to the pumpkin spice latte craze. But have you ever had the incredible pumpkin bread from Starbucks? It’s as moist as can be, and full of warm pumpkin bread spices and so much flavor!
Now you can make it easily at home! Our copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe is perfect for Fall. And, we promise you, it tastes even better than the original.
Cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and toasted pumpkin seeds make this sweet pumpkin bread a real treat.
⭐ Make it Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- Make sure to use 100% canned pumpkin and only 1 cup of it, not the whole can.
- If you do not have any pumpkin pie spice on hand, we have our own Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe that works perfectly for this pumpkin loaf!
- Sunflower seeds can be substituted for pumpkin seeds in this recipe.
- Look in the bulk section of your local grocery store for pumpkin seeds. This way, you can buy exactly the quantity you need.
- You may also find pumpkin seeds under the name of pepitas.
- This recipe is a quick bread, meaning, you mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then mix them together. You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, but just long enough to get the lumps out.
🧂 How to Make Pumpkin Spice
First, you will need these pumpkin pie spice ingredients:
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- ground nutmeg.
Then, follow our step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect pumpkin pie spice!
🔪 How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Making this pumpkin bread at home is super easy! Plus, our recipe for moist pumpkin bread is so incredibly delicious and tender because we use oil, eggs, and lots of pure pumpkin puree.
Then, we fill it with delicious Fall flavors like pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar. To start with making bread at home, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan (9×5 works, too).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together oil, sugars, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
- Then mix in the canned pumpkin.
With the mixer on low, mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes (or about 45-55 minutes for a 9×5 inch loaf pan). When it’s done baking, the top should feel slightly firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
For full ingredient measurements, scroll to the recipe card below!
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- I bake my pumpkin loaf in an 8×4″ loaf pan, but you can use a 9×5″ pan instead.
- Baking times vary between ovens, but it should bake for 50-60 minutes in an 8×4″ pan or about 45-55 minutes in a larger loaf pan.
- Test the bread with a toothpick to see if it’s done baking; if it is, the toothpick will come out clean.
Make Mini Pumpkin Loaves
You can also make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes.
A mini pumpkin loaf is the perfect homemade holiday gift! You can make them ahead of time and freeze them. Defrost and wrap them in a bow.
The only thing that could make this moist pumpkin bread even better is to enjoy it with a toffee nut latte. Now that is a match made in heaven!
🍫 Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This delicious pumpkin bread recipe is so versatile. You can play around with it and have some fun adding different ingredients! One of our favorite ways to switch it up is to add chocolate chips.
Chocolate and pumpkin are a match made in heaven and pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is so easy to make.
❄ Can I freeze pumpkin bread?
Yes, you can! If you are making pumpkin bread for gifting, you can make batches ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to gift your bread. I always make double batches and freeze one until we are ready to enjoy!
- After baking, allow pumpkin bread to cool completely.
- Wrap the whole loaf in foil and slide it into a plastic bag. Label with the freezing date.
It will stay moist in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you need a teacher’s gift, need to cheer up a friend, or surprise a neighbor with something yummy… you have fresh pumpkin bread on hand!
To thaw, take the bread out of your freezer and thaw overnight at room temperature (keep it wrapped).
Tip for Freezing Pumpkin Bread
Once the pumpkin bread is cool, slice the bread before storing it in the freezer. This way, you can wrap each slice individually and warm up a single slice in the microwave for 15 seconds.
🎁 Food Gift Ideas
Everyone loves Starbucks recipes! Pumpkin loaf is the perfect Christmas homemade food gift to surprise friends with. Our made-from-scratch pumpkin bread is one of the best holiday food gift ideas ever!
For more food gift ideas, try:
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Halloween Chocolate Bark
- Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Chocolate Caramel Christmas Bark
- White Chocolate Christmas Crack
📖 Best Recipes with Pumpkin
Try these easy pumpkin dessert recipes for a real treat this Fall!
- Pumpkin Empanadas
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- No Bake Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
- Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe with Spiced Pumpkin Frosting
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe
- Pumpkin Cobbler with Spiced Butter Toffee
Of all of the pumpkin recipes we love to make during the Fall for family and friends, this moist pumpkin bread recipe is the most popular. It’s a perfect make-ahead Sunday brunch recipe!
📖 Starbucks Recipes
The Starbucks pumpkin bread loaf is my favorite item on their Fall menu.
And, if you love this recipe, you NEED to try our Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf Recipe! It has homemade cream cheese frosting and caramelized pecans. So yummy!
🍞 Pumpkin Bread Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil , or canola
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan (9×5 works too).In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice & salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the oil, sugars, vanilla extract & eggs until smooth. Then mix in the canned pumpkin.
- With the mixer on low, mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes (or about 45-55 minutes for a 9×5 inch loaf pan). When it’s done baking the top should feel slightly firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Make sure to use 100% canned pumpkin puree.
- Use only 1 cup of pumpkin puree, not a full can.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, & 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, you want to mix it just long enough to get the lumps out.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. This loaf freezes well. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- I baked mine in a 8×4 inch loaf pan, or you can use a 9×5 inch loaf pan . Baking times will vary between ovens – but it’ll bake for about 50-60 minutes in an 8×4 inch pan, or about 45-55 minutes in a large loaf pan. When it’s done, it should feel firm to the touch at the top and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- You can also make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes