Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our easy Starbucks Pumpkin Bread recipe is always a favorite! Just one bite of this moist pumpkin bread, and you will want to make it all of the time. It tastes even better than the pumpkin loaf from Starbucks, and costs so much less to make at home!
Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Every Fall, we look forward to the pumpkin spice latte craze. This bread is the perfect match for your latte!
Cinnamon, Fall spices, and toasted pepitas make this sweet bread recipe a real treat.
⭐ Family Foodie Tips
- Make sure to use 100% canned pumpkin and only 1 cup of it, not the whole can.
- Sunflower seeds can be substituted for pepitas in this recipe.
- Look in the bulk section of your local grocery store for pumpkin seeds. This way, you can buy the exact amount you need.
- This recipe is a quick bread, meaning, you mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then mix them together. You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, but just long enough to get the lumps out.
- I bake my bread in an 8×4″ loaf pan, but you can use a 9×5″ pan instead.
- Baking times vary between ovens, but it should bake for 50-60 minutes in an 8×4″ pan or about 45-55 minutes in a larger loaf pan.
- Test the bread with a toothpick to see if it’s done baking; if it is, the toothpick will come out clean.
🧂 How to Make Pumpkin Spice
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- ground nutmeg
We have a Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe that works perfectly for this loaf!
Make Mini Pumpkin Loaves
You can also make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes.
A mini pumpkin loaf is the perfect homemade holiday gift! You can make them ahead of time and freeze them. Defrost and wrap them in a bow.
🍫 Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Chocolate and pumpkin are a match made in heaven and pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is so easy to make. Especially when it’s made in the instant pot.
❄ Can I freeze pumpkin bread?
Yes, you can! If you are making pumpkin bread for gifting, you can make batches ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to gift your bread. I always make double batches and freeze one until we are ready to enjoy!
- After baking, allow pumpkin bread to cool completely.
- Wrap the whole loaf in foil and slide it into a plastic bag. Label with the freezing date.
It will stay moist in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you need a teacher’s gift, need to cheer up a friend, or surprise a neighbor with something yummy… you have fresh pumpkin bread on hand!
To thaw, take the bread out of your freezer and thaw overnight at room temperature (keep it wrapped).
Once the bread cools, slice it before storing it in the freezer. This way, you can wrap each slice individually and warm up a single slice in the microwave for 15 seconds.
🎁 Food Gift Ideas
Everyone loves Starbucks bread recipes! Pumpkin loaf is the perfect Christmas homemade food gift to surprise friends with. Our made-from-scratch bread is one of the best holiday food gift ideas ever!
For more food gift ideas, try:
📖 Best Recipes with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Empanadas
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Crunch
- No Bake Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Cobbler with Spiced Butter Toffee
📖 Starbucks Recipes
Another must-try is Starbucks Gingerbread Loaf Recipe! It has homemade cream cheese frosting and caramelized pecans. So yummy!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
This recipe for Starbucks pumpkin bread is so easy to make, and it’s absolutely the best I’ve ever tried. The tender crumb and extra moist texture makes it the perfect treat.
It has the perfect blend of pie spice and a little crunch from the toasted pumpkin seeds on top. It is even one of our favorite Sunday brunch recipes. You and your family will love it!
Take it from our readers. They are loving this Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe on Pinterest! Here’s what they have to say:
Used a bundt pan add substituted the oil for butter. Was fabulous.@babymonkeyever1
Since pandemic hit I haven’t been to Starbucks for my pumpkin bread fix. I tried this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving and we loved it! Instructions were simple and ingredients are all very easy to find. Most importantly, it was SO GOOD! TYSM for the recipe!!@KarinBelle808
Easy, quick and tasty! It’s a more mild bread, not as sweet as pumpkin cookies or cupcakes. It’s perfect!@ericaskrlac
Didn’t find pumpkin seed so substituted with sunflower seeds. Would definitely recommend this recipe.@dsarahduarte
SO GOOD!! Easily makes 2 loaves so you can put one in the freezer 🙂@antoniateee
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil , or canola
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan (9×5 works too).In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice & salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the oil, sugars, vanilla extract & eggs until smooth. Then mix in the canned pumpkin.
- With the mixer on low, mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes (or about 45-55 minutes for a 9×5 inch loaf pan). When it’s done baking the top should feel slightly firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Make sure to use 100% canned pumpkin puree.
- Use only 1 cup of pumpkin puree, not a full can.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, & ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- You don’t want to mix a quick bread too much, you want to mix it just long enough to get the lumps out.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. This loaf freezes well. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- I baked mine in a 8×4 inch loaf pan, or you can use a 9×5 inch loaf pan . Baking times will vary between ovens – but it’ll bake for about 50-60 minutes in an 8×4 inch pan, or about 45-55 minutes in a large loaf pan. When it’s done, it should feel firm to the touch at the top and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- You can also make three mini pumpkin loaves by using 5.75×3″ mini pans. Baking time for mini loaf pans is approximately 30-35 minutes