This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy to make, delicious, and packed with healthy green foods like spinach and green apples! A healthy Green Apple Smoothie is a great way to start the day, especially when you’re short on time.
Smoothies for breakfast are the best! It takes just a few minutes to throw all the ingredients together for a quick and nutritious breakfast. Even kids love this spinach apple smoothie!
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
I love my cup of coffee in the morning, especially after getting an espresso machine. I’m never far from a good cup of cappuccino! But having coffee only for breakfast is not exactly a healthy routine.
So, I throw a healthy green breakfast smoothie in the mix to whip myself into shape and enjoy a healthy breakfast! This Green Apple Smoothie has fruits and vegetables, and even some bee pollen for an extra healthy boost.
Smoothies with green apple are my favorite. I love tart green apple with sweet flavors like banana. The best part is, this green apple drink is so easy to make, there’s really no excuse not to whip it up for yourself in the morning!
Healthy green smoothies are the perfect way to enjoy a good-for-you breakfast when you’re short on time. They’re on-the-go, filling breakfast smoothies. Even kids love them (just don’t tell them about the spinach)!
Green Apple Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 small green apple
- ¾ cup coconut water
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
What makes this apple spinach smoothie so great is that it hardly uses any ingredients, but it’s rich in flavor and makes you feel great. I’m a big fan of green apple recipes like this one; the flavor is just amazing!
You’re going to love this smoothie, green apple, spinach, banana and all. It really is so yummy. If you can’t find bee pollen, or would prefer to use something else, you could always use a little bit of honey. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor, though!
Green Smoothie Benefits
There are plenty of benefits to drinking a healthy green smoothie in the morning! Apples, spinach, and bananas are all good-for-you foods, so it’s undeniable that this smoothie has its wholesome perks.
The real benefit to this spinach apple smoothie, though, is that it’s easy to make and so good. The tartness of the Granny Smith apple pairs deliciously with the sweet banana – they go together so well!
Top off your apple spinach smoothie with a little shaved coconut, and it will leave you smiling all morning. It doesn’t get much better than a breakfast smoothie that’s this wholesome and flavorful!
How to Make an Apple Smoothie
- Wash 1 small green apple, remove the core and cut up into smaller pieces.
- Put the apple slices, 1 banana, 1 cup baby spinach, and 1 tsp. bee pollen into the blender, and puree until smooth.
- Use ½ cup of coconut water at first, but if the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add more coconut water to thin it out.
- Serve immediately.
Healthy Green Apple Smoothie Recipe Tips
- Using a banana: Bananas give smoothie recipes creaminess and sweetness without adding extra sugar!
- What is bee pollen: I added bee pollen in my smoothie for a wholesome boost.
- Using coconut water: If you like, you can use water instead of coconut water. But coconut water has a slight natural sweetness to it, so if you use water, you may have to add some sweetener.
- Using milk: Instead of water or coconut water, you can use milk if you prefer.
- Make it ahead of time: Prepare all ingredients ahead of time except for the coconut water, and store it in a ziplock bag for a quick breakfast smoothie recipe.
- Freeze it: You can even freeze the bags for later! Be sure to use extra liquid when blending up frozen ingredients or you’ll wind up with a smoothie that’s too thick.
This green smoothie is quick and easy, and takes just as much time to make as a cup of coffee!
The Best Breakfast Recipes
- Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Blueberry Smoothie with Rolled Oats
- Starbucks Medicine Ball Recipe
Best Apple Recipes
- Apple Banana Smoothie (Apple Pie Smoothie)
- Ina Garten Apple Crisp
- Sliced Baked Apples
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
Green Apple Smoothie
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Wash the apple, remove core and cut up into smaller pieces.
- Put all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Use ½ cup of coconut water at first but if the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add more coconut water to thin it out.
- Serve immediately.
- Use water: If you prefer, you can use water instead of coconut water.
- Use milk: You can use milk instead of water or coconut water, if you like.
- You can leave out the bee pollen: If you like, you can leave out the bee pollen and won’t taste much of a difference.
Photos by Trang Doan.