Easy to make, delicious, and packed with healthy green foods! A healthy Green Apple Smoothie is a great way to start the day, especially when you’re short on time. It takes just a few minutes to throw all the ingredients together for a quick and nutritious breakfast.
I love my breakfast coffee, especially after we got ourselves an espresso machine. I’m never far from a good cup of cappuccino. But having coffee only for breakfast is not exactly a healthy routine. So I throw a Healthy Green Breakfast Smoothie in the mix some days to whip myself into shape. This Green Apple Smoothie has fruits and vegetables, and even some bee pollen for an extra healthy boost.
Healthy Green Apple Smoothie Recipe Tips
- I always use a banana as the base for a creamier smoothie and also for sweetness without added sugar.
- For this particular smoothie, I used a granny smith apple to keep with the “green” theme. However, you can use any type of apple you prefer, best to use the one that you enjoy eating the most as granny smith can be more on the tart side.
- I added bee pollen in my smoothie for an extra healthy boost. Bee pollen is supposed to help stimulate your immune system and lower your cholesterol levels. Plus I like that it doesn’t add any extra texture or weird flavor to the smoothie.
- I drink coconut water on the regular, so it isn’t a stretch for me to use it in this smoothie. However, you can just use water as a substitute. Note that coconut water has slight natural sweetness to it, so if you use water, you may need a little bit of sweetener.
- Instead of water or coconut water, try adding milk or nut milk for extra protein.
- Prepare all the ingredients except the liquid the night before and store in a ziplock bag for a quick morning smoothie. You can even make multiple portions and freeze them. Be sure to use extra liquid when blending up frozen ingredients.
This Healthy Green Apple Smoothie is quick and easy, and takes just as much time to make as a cup of coffee. So now you have no excuse not to make one in the morning!
Looking for more healthy breakfast or snack ideas? Check out the recipes below:
- Orange Pear Smoothie Bowl
- Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Blueberry Smoothie with Rolled Oats
Love apple recipes?
Try these recipes using apples…
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Apple Dump Cake with Fresh Apples
- Stewed Apples
- Ina Garten Apple Crisp
- Sliced Baked Apples
- Baked Apple Pork Chops
- Sauteed Apples – How to Make and Use
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Apple Banana Smoothie
- Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Green Apple Smoothie
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 small green apple or others
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- Wash the apple, remove core and cut up into smaller pieces.
- Put all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Use 1/2 cup of coconut water at first but if the smoothie is too thick for your liking, add more coconut water to thin it out.
- Serve immediately.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.