This Broccoli Apple Salad is absolutely delicious! Make it with deli turkey and follow the recipe below for a complete meal that’s super quick and easy. Skip the turkey to make it vegetarian or a side dish that will sure get the family wanting more. Even great for Thanksgiving!
Autumn is all about the cozy recipes, but we still need our greens and fibers. This Broccoli Apple Salad incorporates one of my favorite seasonal fruits in a delicious salad that I can guarantee everyone in your family will love. My husband is not a salad man, and he asked me to keep this recipe for next time, that’s a win in my book!
I made this Broccoli Apple Salad with Honeycrisp apples, my favorite eating apple of all time. The Honeycrisp is sweet and crisp and simply perfect. Of course, you can make it with your favorite apple. I also added thick cut deli turkey to make this Broccoli Apple Salad a full meal. But you can skip the turkey to make it vegetarian or if you just want a side salad to serve with dinner (Hello easy side dish for Thanksgiving!). This salad also keeps really well in the refrigerator. We meal prepped it for the week and all the ingredients stayed crisp the entire time.
Broccoli Apple Salad Dressing
The dressing on our Broccoli Apple Salad is creamy yet light, with just enough tang from the lemon juice and sweetness from the sugar. The taste is balanced and delightful. Also, the lemon juice in the dressing will keep the apple from turning brown, so you don’t have to worry about it. This Broccoli Apple Salad actually tastes even better the next day and the next day as the flavors have time to meld together.
This Broccoli Apple Salad is full of Fall’s flavors from the apple to the pecan to the dried cranberries. It’s crunchy and creamy, it’s sweet and salty, and just slightly tangy all at the same time. It is also very easy to customize to your preference. Instead of turkey, you could use ham, or grilled chicken. Instead of pecan, you can try walnut or almond. The choices are endless. This Broccoli Apple Salad would make a great Thanksgiving leftover dish as well, just add left over roast turkey for a light meal after the big feast. Enjoy!
More Simple Apple Recipes
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Pie Scones
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Apple Dump Cake with Fresh Apples
- Stewed Apples
- Ina Garten Apple Crisp
- Sliced Baked Apples
- Baked Apple Pork Chops
- Sauteed Apples – How to Make and Use
- Caramel Apple Empanadas
- Apple Banana Smoothie
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
And try more Easy Christmas Dinner Ideas!
Broccoli Apple Salad
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 large apple sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 lb thick cut deli turkey diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 scant teaspoon pepper
- Cut apples into 1/4” slices and then cut the slices in half, crosswise.
- Cut the larger broccoli florets into bite size.
- Dice the deli turkey into bite size pieces.
- Break the whole pecans into smaller pieces by hand or coarsely chop with a knife.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Add all of the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Served chilled.